What Bourbon Are You Enjoying? (Fall 2017)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

11 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

Sorry mistype meant RR. Very good to hear, I'm snagging a PS of this if I ever see one.

Ditto 

A stellar RRSmbSB PS over Thanksgiving and last night a freshly opened 4Rsmb. Both thoroughly enjoyed!! HOP, I just read of your Dads passing you have my deepest condolences and I will be toasting him with the very next pour.

• I like it 1

Ahhh you have been missed, old friend!

IMG_1441.thumb.JPG.130dd78071500aa49f602e37facaa9de.JPG

Such good stuff! I just wish I could get the chance to try the gold or STFB.

Cheers!

• I like it 3

Began the evening with some ER10, followed by a tad of Blanton's, and then some Charter 101. Feeling the BT these days, it appears. 

• I like it 1

Been awhile since I had a pour of McKenna 10 year old so I started with that and then followed it with some KC SiB PS (Bottle #4044, while not as stellar as the famous Bottle #3094, still pretty strong).

Crappy day at work. Stagg Jr. Batch #3 in the glass tonight.  

Sláinte! Joe

• I like it 1

Out a dinner tonight I had a Michter's 10, which was nice but not $100+ a bottle nice. Also had WTMK17 which was quite good.

Now I'm having a glass of a vating of Barterhouse, Stagg Jr and a couple other things.

1 minute ago, EarthQuake said:

Out a dinner tonight I had a Michter's 10, which was nice but not $100+ a bottle nice. Also had WTMK17 which was quite good.

Now I'm having a glass of a vating of Barterhouse, Stagg Jr and a couple other things.

M10 Bourbon I take it? (Not the Rye)

It is beyond me how M10 is not regulated to dust-gathering-on-the-shelf status by HMCK10. It really is astounding.

I like M10 Rye but even that is pricey - albeit I did buy a bottle of it because I dig my aged rye. Anyone know who Michters sources their 10yr Rye from? 

7 minutes ago, Government Beard said:

M10 Bourbon I take it? (Not the Rye)

It is beyond me how M10 is not regulated to dust-gathering-on-the-shelf status by HMCK10. It really is astounding.

I like M10 Rye but even that is pricey - albeit I did buy a bottle of it because I dig my aged rye. Anyone know who Michters sources their 10yr Rye from? 

Yeah, M10 Bourbon. I haven't had the rye. But yeah M10 Bourbon is like, on par with Eagle Rare or CEHT I guess. Maybe a little better? It's a real head scratcher as to why it retails/sells on the secondary for so much. I've heard older batches were much better, but I'm not sure which year I had.

• I like it 1

7 minutes ago, EarthQuake said:

Yeah, M10 Bourbon. I haven't had the rye. But yeah M10 Bourbon is like, on par with Eagle Rare or CEHT I guess. Maybe a little better? It's a real head scratcher as to why it retails/sells on the secondary for so much. I've heard older batches were much better, but I'm not sure which year I had.

I think it has pretty slick packaging and the wax top is a nice touch but it still doesn't make the juice inside taste any better. 

Huzzah

• I like it 1

Uncovered a forgotten sample of FRSmB. Not doing it for me, never liked this all that much, tastes very perfumey and cloyingly sweet.

First pour tonight. This stuff is firing on all cyclinders right now. Slainte!

IMG_0279.thumb.JPG.823e34912d8f6b3d484253aa4da10c84.JPG

Edited by Government Beard

Just a bit of CEHT SmB tonight.  Haven't been wanting to hit it too hard since I was down to half a bottle . . . but since I pick up another one yesterday I figured it was OK.  Love the caramel up front followed by just a bit of spice on the back of the tongue.  Followed that up with a Liquor Barn Barrel Select of RR 10 year SiB.

On November 28, 2017 at 8:27 PM, kevinbrink said:

Going with an easy sipper tonight

IMG_20171128_211841664.jpg

I'm having a dram of the same bottle. What needle do you have hooked up?

Bottle is opening up some now that I have it past the shoulder. Good stuff. Maybe the signatures add something?? Haha

984CC2F8-C753-4890-B89E-9B376586B9F1.jpeg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.