What Bourbon Are You Enjoying? (Fall 2017)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

1 hour ago, Government Beard said:

Okay fellas, my mother law just asked for Weller 12.....on the rocks. Bullocks! What do I do?

IMG_0058.thumb.JPG.cabb3454ddf8cb6349b1a0249102373c.JPG

Show her the bottle and tell her you don't have any.  Try it...I bet it will settle her down! :lol:

• I like it 1

Family dinner is done. Home from the in laws. Relaxing with the mrs and some PS Buffalo Trace by the fire pit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• I like it 2

Okay fellas, my mother law just asked for Weller 12.....on the rocks. Bullocks! What do I do?

It's the risk you take at least she didn't ask to put some Coke in it or to do a shot.
  • I like it 1

2 hours ago, Government Beard said:

Make it happen

• I like it 1

50/50 blend of standard OBSV and an OBSK SB that I blend a few weeks back.  Proofs out around 107.  Added a small cube to open up the flavors.  The higher rye and higher proof gives it a LE SmB profile.  

• I like it 2

55 minutes ago, HoustonNit said:

It's the risk you take at least she didn't ask to put some Coke in it or to do a shot.

Truth. My brother-in-law shoots everything I offer him. I start sipping and he's just looking at me waiting for the next shot, which happened to be W12 this evening.

• I like it 1

Truth. My brother-in-law shoots everything I offer him. I start sipping and he's just looking at me waiting for the next shot, which happened to be W12 this evening.

We have the same brother-in-law.
  • I like it 1

On 11/19/2017 at 10:51 PM, 0895 said:

In New Orleans this weekend, so things are limited.

. . .

Here's how I survive NO.  From the airport, go to the Fairmont's bar and have a classic Sazerac at the bar.  Dinner at Commander's Palace.  Beignets late night at Cafe du Monde.  Unlimited cups of etoufee at those little walk-up phone booths all over the French Quarter.  Breakfast at Brennan's (figure about 3 hours not including the nap).  AND, at Pat O'Briens while others are drinking Hurricanes and Grass Hoppers, I chat up the bartenders and order stuff neat.  Is a surprise to find what they have behind the bar.

The second through fourth nights are ad hoc, but I figure on 4 full meals a day not counting cups of gumbo and etoufee and the occasional plate of crawfish - it's NO for goodness' sake.  Sure, that all sounds like tourist stuff although the Court of Two Sisters is de riguer as is Old N'awlins Cookery which sounds like a tourist trap, but some lifelong residents swear by it.  There are some other places I'd list, but you go find them on your own.  Plus, some don't have signs outside, and I find them by smell and landmarks.  I'm Ranger-trained, you know.^_^

• I like it 6

54 minutes ago, HoustonNit said:

We have the same brother-in-law.

58 minutes ago, DeepCover said:

I swear, they've just graduated from Weller 12 on ice to asking for shots of Rock Hill ????

IMG_0074.thumb.JPG.48f93ce5e106ed802ebb34821b8a0a9e.JPG

• I like it 1

5 hours ago, OldFitzWithTheGoldLabel said:

I tried a pour of Jefferson's Presidential 16 Year. Very smooth for a 16 year.
The Kentucky hug did not linger.968d61e044abb5842655f9ffff5cd56c.jpg19da59db5cb8c7128c89008700b2c4ca.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Lots of tea in the background.  I assume that is to detox after the alcohol.  That's looks like a decent pour!

Edited by mbroo5880i
  • I like it 1

35 minutes ago, Government Beard said:

I swear, they've just graduated from Weller 12 on ice to asking for shots of Rock Hill ????

IMG_0074.thumb.JPG.48f93ce5e106ed802ebb34821b8a0a9e.JPG

Your mother-in-law was asking for shots of RHF?  :lol:  In all seriousness, I have relatives who ask to mix Blanton's with Sprite.  I am ok with it.  I like to share and enjoy others enjoying what I have in the bunker.  If they want it on ice, mixed with something or neat, I am all for it.  Everything in my bunker is open to family and friends.  Of course, when I have several people over, I don't pull out the GTS, etc.  However, if they want to try it, I give them a pour...however they want it.

Edited by mbroo5880i
  • I like it 2

4 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

Lot's of tea in the background.  I assume that is to detox after the alcohol.  That's looks like a decent sample pour!

I'm betting that's a fake wall, and behind it is a whole bar full of top shelfers.  Also, mbroo5880i, is that the Baltimore band on your hoodie?  IIRC, circa 2007-8, there was an album floating around the mid-Atlantic with that name by a band with that name.

5 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

Your mother-in-law was asking for shots of RHF?  :lol:  In all seriousness, I have relatives who ask to mix Blanton's with Sprite.  I am ok with it.  I like to share and enjoy others enjoying what I have in the bunker.  If they want it on ice, mixed with something or neat, I am all for it.  Everything in my bunker is open to family and friends.  Of course, when I have several people over, I don't pull out the GTS, etc.  However, if they want to try it, I give them a pour...however, they want it.

Yes mother in law and her friend are asking for shots of RHF. Jesus.

I obliged because I agree with your thinking. I bring out this type of stuff to enjoy. Pappy is where I would draw the line. 

• I like it 1

1 minute ago, Harry in WashDC said:

I'm betting that's a fake wall, and behind it is a whole bar full of top shelfers.  Also, mbroo5880i, is that the Baltimore band on your hoodie?  IIRC, circa 2007-8, there was an album floating around the mid-Atlantic with that name by a band with that name.

Actually, that's not me.  That is OldFitz.  I am not sure who the band is but they don't look to be country.  I am a rock and metal fan so I don't know.

5 hours ago, OldFitzWithTheGoldLabel said:

I tried a pour of Jefferson's Presidential 16 Year. Very smooth for a 16 year.
The Kentucky hug did not linger.968d61e044abb5842655f9ffff5cd56c.jpg19da59db5cb8c7128c89008700b2c4ca.jpg

OF, please see my comment about three posts above about that hoodie. ASIDE - Keeping all you kids straight in my head is TOUGH!  Sorry, mbroo5880i.

• I like it 1

Just now, Government Beard said:

Yes mother in law and her friend are asking for shots of RHF. Jesus.

I obliged because I agree with your thinking. I bring out this type of stuff to enjoy. Pappy is where I would draw the line. 

Good for you!  Sounds like fun and creates great memories.  My M-I-L is 86.  I would get kick out of it is she asked for any pour of bourbon much less a shot.  She does like red wine.

Years ago before my F-I-L passed and I had just started dating my wife, we went for a ride in his pickup.  A few miles into the ride, he reached under the seat and pulled out a flask of WT.  He asked me if I wanted a drink.  It might have been a test, I dunno.  However, I have always been an honest guy.  I told him if you want have a drink and want me to have a drink, I am good to go.  He took a solid swig as did I.  A bond was born.  I told my M-I-L this story years after my F-I-L passed.  She asked me "what did you do?"  I told her I took a big swig.  She told me "well, my guess is that is why you are here now!"

• I like it 4

1 minute ago, Harry in WashDC said:

OF, please see my comment about three posts above about that hoodie. ASIDE - Keeping all you kids straight in my head is TOUGH!  Sorry, mbroo5880i.

Hey, I am just pleased that you just called me a "kid!" :lol:

Bought a Cedar Ridge sampler gift set which, according to the box it came in, is the only way to get one of these silver label single malts finished in port barrels outside of Iowa. I'm not a scotch/single malt drinker but this one was a nice easy sipper for turkey day. 

20171123_170138.jpg

Edited by Bourbinvestor
Added "outside of Iowa"
  • I like it 1

Harry, Misery Index is a metal band from Baltimore. The design on the shirt is also a tribute to the album cover for _Punishment For Decadence_ by Coroner.

50e3e2d03f52d5fc92e2315979c53333.jpg

• I like it 1

1 minute ago, Bourbinvestor said:

Bought a Cedar Ridge sampler gift set which, according to the box it came in, is the only way to get one of these silver label single malts finished in port barrels. I'm not a scotch/single malt drinker but this one was a nice easy sipper for turkey day. 

20171123_170138.jpg

It passes two tests....it's whiskey and it's available!  :lol:

• I like it 1

5 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

It passes two tests....it's whiskey and it's available!  :lol:

And it was small enough to carry in my pocket over to my sister-in-law's house! Hah

• I like it 1

1 minute ago, Bourbinvestor said:

And it was small enough to carry in my pocket over to my sister-in-law's house! Hah

Easy enough to point and say "hey look, Terydactyl!" and then take a quick swig when they look.  :lol:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.