What Bourbon Are You Enjoying? (Fall 2017)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Went to a jam session and had a couple ECNAS. Now having some WA107PS with some leftover chocolate pecan pie. Yum.

20171125_191352-1209x1612.jpg

Enjoying a KCSB store pick from NASA liquors "The Four Horsemen", a 12 year old bottling. It's nice. I really wish I lived closer to Houston so I could visit this place. They get a ton of store picks in and I could see myself blowing tons of money in there. :D

Enjoying a KCSB store pick from NASA liquors "The Four Horsemen", a 12 year old bottling. It's nice. I really wish I lived closer to Houston so I could visit this place. They get a ton of store picks in and I could see myself blowing tons of money in there. [emoji3]

Nice I had this along with the 10yr Rapture pick they did. I'm probably the only one but preferred the Rapture. Also liking the barrel 1911 pick that the whiskey jug reviewer really liked.

I finally got around to trying my sample of Winchester Straight Bourbon this evening, and what a magnificent beast she is.

As majestic as the cascading waters of a drainage pipe, this western-themed fire water is the color of Gumout octane booster with the nose to match, and guaranteed to make the whiskers on your Van Dyke beard stand on end. 

Less reminiscent of a bourbon, the label design is more befitting the box of a commemorative lever action, touting "since 1866", clearly no reference to the lineage of the juice in the bottle.

The palate delivers a bonanza of pickle juice, with a dash of cinnamon, grains and spearmint. It drinks hotter than the proof suggests.

The finish is nearly nonexistent, aside from hints of lingering pickle and notes of menthol. This hot mess from TerrePURE is all hat and no cattle.

image.jpeg

• I like it 5

1 minute ago, DeepCover said:

I finally got around to trying my sample of Winchester Straight Bourbon this evening, and what a magnificent beast she is.

As majestic as the cascading waters of a drainage pipe, this western-themed fire water is the color of Gumout octane booster with the nose to match, and guaranteed to make the whiskers on your Van Dyke beard stand on end. 

Less reminiscent of a bourbon, the label design is more befitting the box of a commemorative lever action, touting "since 1866", clearly no reference to the lineage of the juice in the bottle.

The palate delivers a bonanza of pickle juice, with a dash of cinnamon, grains and spearmint. It drinks hotter than the proof suggests.

The finish is nearly nonexistent, aside from hints of lingering pickle and notes of menthol. This hot mess from TerrePURE is all hat and no cattle.

image.jpeg

Ha ha...nice review. I have a bottle of this, unfortunately a 750ml and not a sample. I bought it in a hurry at Total Wine once, fooled by the "straight bourbon" label, and I did not notice the fact that it's crap put out by TerrePURE until after I got home.  After reading this review, I can't wait to crack it open and give it a try!

I guess at the very worst I can cook with it or try using it as a mixer, but the pickle notes may ruin a good can of coke.

As majestic as the cascading waters of a drainage pipe, this western-themed fire water is the color of Gumout octane booster with the nose to match, and guaranteed to make the whiskers on your Van Dyke beard stand on end.    Less reminiscent of a bourbon, the label design is more befitting the box of a commemorative lever action, touting "since 1866", clearly no reference to the lineage of the juice in the bottle.   The palate delivers a bonanza of pickle juice, with a dash of cinnamon, grains and spearmint. It drinks hotter than the proof suggests.   The finish is nearly nonexistent, aside from hints of lingering pickle and notes of menthol. This hot mess from TerrePURE is all hat and no cattle.  image.thumb.jpeg.c818562d8aa77e0c2db28e3127adda74.jpeg

Need more of this. We should start a what terrible bourbon did you have today thread.

I want to sample all the terrible bourbons there is.
  • I like it 3

On 11/24/2017 at 11:21 AM, Bourbinvestor said:

Were you in jail?

Now that I think about it, you are not that far off :) But let's leave it at that.

• I like it 1

21 hours ago, Radioyada said:

Today’s lineup for football Saturday. 

6E916B84-C56D-4AD6-9794-3F335369042B.jpeg

Did you make it through the game?:)

2 hours ago, MTNBourbon said:

Did you make it through the game?:)

Oh, I only had two drinks.  A glass of the W12, and a glass of the 2017 THH that was brought out after that photo was taken.  A friend that came to hang out and watch football with me sampled most of what was shown.  The three he liked the best were the SFTB Blantons, the Jim Beam Distiller's Cut, and the Tequila.

• I like it 1

23 minutes ago, Radioyada said:

Oh, I only had two drinks.  A glass of the W12, and a glass of the 2017 THH that was brought out after that photo was taken.  A friend that came to hang out and watch football with me sampled most of what was shown.  The three he liked the best were the SFTB Blantons, the Jim Beam Distiller's Cut, and the Tequila.

Cool, awesome.

Received a bottle of Knob Creek Single Barrel Reserve (barrel#3565) for my birthday. Enjoying it very much. Great barrel selected by my local liquor store. 

It's BTAC season for most (not in Tx, we're always late to the game for some reason), so in the meantime I'm enjoying some Spring '12 ER17.

• I like it 1

Tonight I finish a bottle of ECBP B517 toasting to the life of the finest man I ever knew.

My father passed away yesterday at the age of 93. I was able to spend the last 3 1/2 weeks of his life with him and caring for him as he cared for me all of his life.

When we speak of the “greatest generation” this is who we are talking about. My father grew up in the Great Depression, served in WWII in the European Theatre of Operations, received several medals as well as four Bronze Stars and yet rarely spoke of his time in service. He was a Godly man with a great sense of service to God but most of all he was the best father anyone could ever have. He taught me to be a man, a father, a husband, and I only hope I can be even a small percentage of the father to my children, husband to my wife, and friend that he was to to all of us.

Here’s to you Dad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• I like it 15

Started with some Russell's Reserve 10 year.  Now having a small pour of Pappy 20 to celebrate them tigers winning last night...Clemson tigers that is...was happy about the Auburn win too though.

1 hour ago, dcbt said:

It's BTAC season for most (not in Tx, we're always late to the game for some reason), so in the meantime I'm enjoying some Spring '12 ER17.

Oh, that is a good one.  Nice spicy cherry thing going on.

On 11/25/2017 at 8:45 PM, silverc said:

Ha ha...nice review. I have a bottle of this, unfortunately a 750ml and not a sample. I bought it in a hurry at Total Wine once, fooled by the "straight bourbon" label, and I did not notice the fact that it's crap put out by TerrePURE until after I got home.  After reading this review, I can't wait to crack it open and give it a try!

I guess at the very worst I can cook with it or try using it as a mixer, but the pickle notes may ruin a good can of coke.

It makes good toilet cleaner as well... ;)

29 minutes ago, Hop said:

Tonight I finish a bottle of ECBP B517 toasting to the life of the finest man I ever knew.

My father passed away yesterday at the age of 93. I was able to spend the last 3 1/2 weeks of his life with him and caring for him as he cared for me all of his life.

When we speak of the “greatest generation” this is who we are talking about. My father grew up in the Great Depression, served in WWII in the European Theatre of Operations, received several medals as well as four Bronze Stars and yet rarely spoke of his time in service. He was a Godly man with a great sense of service to God but most of all he was the best father anyone could ever have. He taught me to be a man, a father, a husband, and I only hope I can be even a small percentage of the father to my children, husband to my wife, and friend that he was to to all of us.

Here’s to you Dad.

Just lost my dad in October. Very sorry for your loss.

• I like it 1

After polishing off my ECBP batch 12, I moved on to a store pick Woodford double oak.

Lots of sweet chocolate and cherry in this one.  Tastes like desert in a glass.

Hop, my condolences. As an RN, my favorite patients to take care of are our veterans. 

For tonite, OESK. And it is devine. 

9F39DA20-E338-4085-B657-B4DC98939EB0.jpeg

• I like it 1

Here’s to you Dad.

Sorry for your loss.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.