What Bourbon Are You Enjoying? (Fall 2017)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Thanksgiving night cap. There are other bourbons I like more. I even prefer RhF. But when it comes to a refined bourbon, Blantons is hard to beat. 

017FC688-055C-4A49-9608-F572959D9C68.jpeg

• I like it 2

Poured a couple from  bottle of WTRB and thoroughly enjoyed those!    Later I restarted the festivities with a pour from my low-fill bottle of EHT Seasoned Wood, which has grown on me as I slowly revisited it and have almost drained the bottle now. 

Life is GOOD!   Friends,  Family, A good meal, and some games and cards have me feeling like life can't get too much better.... And, doesn't need to!

...Only wish my baby boy coulda been here to share it.  ...Miss ya', Dude.

• I like it 3

6 minutes ago, Mako254 said:

Thanksgiving night cap. There are other bourbons I like more. I even prefer RhF. But when it comes to a refined bourbon, Blantons is hard to beat. 

017FC688-055C-4A49-9608-F572959D9C68.jpeg

Oddly, I can pull out any other bottle and no one pays attention.  I pull out a bottle of Blantons and leave it on the counter and everyone wants to nose my glass or take a quick sip.

• I like it 3

6 minutes ago, bourbon4all said:

Happy Turkey day.

20171123_205747.jpg

I suddenly feel kinda stupid for thinking so hard about what pour to have on Thanksgiving...and not picking WT.

• I like it 3

34 minutes ago, Bourbinvestor said:

I suddenly feel kinda stupid for thinking so hard about what pour to have on Thanksgiving...and not picking WT.

I think it's a tradition on here to pull out your WT for Thanksgiving Day pours.

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, Bourbinvestor said:

And it was small enough to carry in my pocket over to my sister-in-law's house! Hah

Living in Iowa, I've visited and followed this distillery for several years.  They've done it right and grown in volume and variety.  

2 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

Good for you!  Sounds like fun and creates great memories.  My M-I-L is 86.  I would get kick out of it is she asked for any pour of bourbon much less a shot.  She does like red wine.

Years ago before my F-I-L passed and I had just started dating my wife, we went for a ride in his pickup.  A few miles into the ride, he reached under the seat and pulled out a flask of WT.  He asked me if I wanted a drink.  It might have been a test, I dunno.  However, I have always been an honest guy.  I told him if you want have a drink and want me to have a drink, I am good to go.  He took a solid swig as did I.  A bond was born.  I told my M-I-L this story years after my F-I-L passed.  She asked me "what did you do?"  I told her I took a big swig.  She told me "well, my guess is that is why you are here now!"

hahaha very cool story! I'm glad to read you didn't pass up the WT flask. Who knows what would of happened if you said no thanks. Happy Thanksgiving.

Edited by Government Beard
  • I like it 1

6 hours ago, Government Beard said:

Yes mother in law and her friend are asking for shots of RHF. Jesus.

I obliged because I agree with your thinking. I bring out this type of stuff to enjoy. Pappy is where I would draw the line. 

I agree with your approach. I do the same. No way Pappy or BTAC come out, but other than that, everything else is available.

6 hours ago, Government Beard said:

Yes mother in law and her friend are asking for shots of RHF. Jesus.

I obliged because I agree with your thinking. I bring out this type of stuff to enjoy. Pappy is where I would draw the line. 

Double Post

Edited by DeepCover

Started yesterday with a very nice WTKS, but after a couple pours throughout the day wound up the evening with some ORVW 107.  I think it says something when I really wanted to pour some GBS RR, but couldn't find it in the cabinet (and too tired to pull a half-dozen bottles out to look).  

• I like it 1

12 hours ago, Kane said:

My Thanksgiving day: no family, no turkey, and no bourbon. How edgy is that :)

Were you in jail?

• I like it 2

Tonight, I start with some Willett.
29dbcf9532075a8861b75db2cfce3b0c.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

• I like it 1

About to celebrate Thanksgiving with Wild Turkey Rare Breed.
e24214db0a654e151e705a5b27d1f213.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

• I like it 1

I’m not a big fan of finished whiskeys. They just don’t do it for me. The one I like but don’t love is 1792PF. It’s finishing seems a lot more subtle to me. I’m having a 50/50 blend in a glass of 1792PF and 1792FP. Wow! This really works and compliments the pumpkin pie I’m having for dessert. 

Never lifted a bourbon I didn't enjoy. (White lie)

Stagg followed by a GD hand select. Now sipping a little peanut OGD114. Here's to the season. CHEERS

• I like it 1

First time trying a 4R PS. This 10 yr 5 month OESV is REALLY hitting the spot before heading out to a wedding!

IMG_1424.thumb.JPG.0946b1e278bcf2f4508b16e0e3b6ecbd.JPG

REALLY good stuff! I'll definitely be snagging a few more for the bunker!

I thought about filling up my flask for the wedding, but my fiancée reminded me that it's an open bar ;) (best part about weddings!).

Cheers!

• I like it 3

Good night last night... started with OWA, moved on to GTS, then WLW, '16 OFBB, '17 OFBB... after that I kinda lost track... 

• I like it 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.