What Bourbon Are You Enjoying (Winter 2017)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

53 minutes ago, CUfan99 said:

Any surprises, like the EC tasted better than the Pappy? Gun to your head - pick a favorite?

The tasting was done from lowest ABV to highest ABV. I wish I would’ve saved some of the PVW and Al Young to go directly against the GTS, but I didn’t. I believe i liked the Al Young best followed very closely by GTS and PVW15. I like ECBP, but not as much as the other 3.  

While I loved those 3, I don’t see myself ever spending more than retail for anything. I don’t enjoy them that much more than stuff I can find for $40-$65

2 of the other 3 guys I was with only drink bourbons 90 proof and under and on the rocks. They were in a little over their heads, but they had fun.

• I like it 2

15 hours ago, Dabbings said:

Happy Thursday  (wishing it was friday)

15205524852082142333969.thumb.jpg.06e8693882c0ed8ae7d44764faac04f8.jpg

One of these days, I'll get to try it. Enjoy!

• I like it 2

Semi enjoyed a GBS EC last night, the day prior same thing with an OGD BiB, prior to that day a LS pick RRSmbSB, all pours I generally really enjoy. Something about March when stuff starts blooming my palate shuts down, everything is just kinda muted for a few weeks. I think I will join Steve and sit out the remainder of March. April usually has be back to normal and since I am not really enjoying anything to the degree I am accustomed, I might as well pause.

Last night was my first pour of OKI, which I got a dry cocoa taste on the palate.  Followed that with a PS of KC SiB Bottle #4044 from Packages & More.  These PS of KC are all great.

• I like it 1

Haven’t posted for ages as I just plain got away from spending time online but really savoring this John J. Bowman and it made me think of this forum. I could spend all evening reading and catching up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• I like it 1

Second to last drink from a very good LS select bottle of Weller Antique while watching season two of Jessica Jones. 

I’m currently assembling the playlist for our wedding, which is a bit more daunting than I thought it would be.

Bourbon and music go hand in hand, so first I had OWA. It hit the spot, so now I’m having W12. I may stay with the wheater theme and have a MMCS after. 

• I like it 2

I’m currently assembling the playlist for our wedding, which is a bit more daunting than I thought it would be.

Bourbon and music go hand in hand, so first I had OWA. It hit the spot, so now I’m having W12. I may stay with the wheater theme and have a MMCS after. 

I do my best work with bourbon. I always have a generous poor of my favorites when I'm doing some overtime work [emoji4]

Congratulations on the the engagement.

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

41 minutes ago, JCwhammie said:

Do it! I took care of a bottle of MMCS in record time. Delicious. Let us know which one you like best.

Cheers!

20 minutes ago, reeko said:

I do my best work with bourbon. I always have a generous poor of my favorites when I'm doing some overtime work emoji4.png

Thank you! 

1 hour ago, Dabbings said:

Prohibition Style = my style

1520644867648-2060525878.thumb.jpg.11db9080d0c76947f9fad6b6ab2b19f7.jpg

One of my favorites of new releases over the past few years.  I will say I have never drank it out of an A&W mug.  :lol:

54 minutes ago, reeko said:

I do my best work with bourbon. I always have a generous poor of my favorites when I'm doing some overtime work emoji4.png

I just sent my boss's boss's boss an email after a hefty pour.  It didn't turn out the way I wanted so I told him to disregard.  I didn't say anything bad or incriminating...it was just an incomplete thought.  He knows I drink bourbon so I am certain he suspects a bourbon influence which really wasn't the case.  The email disappeared and I didn't know where it went.  Apparently, it was sent. The problem was the remote email application.  Yeah, that's the ticket.  :lol:

A couple of nice pours of Woodford. While I don't buy it anymore, I have always enjoyed it.  A friend gave me a bottle for Christmas.  I am working on emptying it this weekend.

48 minutes ago, Adam777 said:

Do it! I took care of a bottle of MMCS in record time. Delicious. Let us know which one you like best.

Cheers!

I’m having a pour of MMCS now. OWA is my favorite of these 3, but I really enjoy W12 and MMCS as well.  Im running low on W12, I don’t expect to be able to find more, so I’m rationing it. 

Went out to dinner with the wife tonight at one of our regular places.  Had a nice cut of prime rib (medium rare) with a nice craft IPA beer to start the evening and a bourbon barrel-aged cabernet sauvignon with the steak.  After the meal, as we were leaving, we walked past the bar and I spotted a Van Winkle Lot B on the shelf.  I asked the price and was told it was $22 for a  2 oz. pour.  I couldn't resist (nor could my darling bourbon-loving wife), so we each had a pour before leaving.  Delicious!  A great way to end a meal out.

Van Winkle Lot B.jpg

• I like it 5

34 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

A couple of nice pours of Woodford. While I don't buy it anymore, I have always enjoyed it.  A friend gave me a bottle for Christmas.  I am working on emptying it this weekend.

It really is  good. It was my gateway bourbon. 

I just sent my boss's boss's boss an email after a hefty pour.  It didn't turn out the way I wanted so I told him to disregard.  I didn't say anything bad or incriminating...it was just an incomplete thought.  He knows I drink bourbon so I am certain he suspects a bourbon influence which really wasn't the case.  The email disappeared and I didn't know where it went.  Apparently, it was sent. The problem was the remote email application.  Yeah, that's the ticket.  [emoji38]

Haha that's hilarious! Thankfully it wasn't anything bad towards the business or management. Always blame technology! Lol.

Even though this wasn't the case for you, one trick I do is write out all my future communications to management or users beforehand as a draft. So when I'm ready, it's easy to hit send. I also backup any data just in case [emoji14] heh

I’m drinking some Noah’s Mill right now that I got as a present a few months ago. This is a newer batch, #17-61. This has all the hallmarks of being pretty young: very vibrant, loads of cinnamon, fades pretty fast. It’s not bad but if I had to guess I’d say this is mostly 4 year old bourbon mixed with a little older stuff.

I also just realized that this does not carry the “straight” designation. Based on pictures of the old 15-year age-states bottle, it never has, but it’s still suspect. Maybe this really is as young as (or younger than) my taste buds are telling me.

d90b61f270b318703e83a73142e2a9f2.jpg

Had a few pours yesterday, went through some samples that i've received recently :

Belle Meade 11yo SiB CS, Kentucky Owl Rye and some 2015 THH, then some Owl again to compare to the THH, both are unbelievely good. 

Tonight, i'll taste some of the hype, AH Hirsch 16y reserve, looking forward to this. 

Cheers! 

Will. 

• I like it 2

14 hours ago, Kpiz said:

I’m drinking some Noah’s Mill right now that I got as a present a few months ago. This is a newer batch, #17-61. This has all the hallmarks of being pretty young: very vibrant, loads of cinnamon, fades pretty fast. It’s not bad but if I had to guess I’d say this is mostly 4 year old bourbon mixed with a little older stuff.

I also just realized that this does not carry the “straight” designation. Based on pictures of the old 15-year age-states bottle, it never has, but it’s still suspect. Maybe this really is as young as (or younger than) my taste buds are telling me.

d90b61f270b318703e83a73142e2a9f2.jpg

Loads of cinnamon means it has a lot of their own distillate in the blend. This suggests a big shift from what NM used to be.

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.