What Bourbon Are You Enjoying (Winter 2017)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

On 3/9/2018 at 8:02 AM, kcgumbohead said:

Semi enjoyed a GBS EC last night, the day prior same thing with an OGD BiB, prior to that day a LS pick RRSmbSB, all pours I generally really enjoy. Something about March when stuff starts blooming my palate shuts down, everything is just kinda muted for a few weeks. I think I will join Steve and sit out the remainder of March. April usually has be back to normal and since I am not really enjoying anything to the degree I am accustomed, I might as well pause.

I welcome the company!

Hope your allergy riddled palate recovers soon.

• I like it 1

I finally picked up the Booker's batch 2017-04 "Sip Awhile". I'm a Booker's fan, and must say, this is the best batch I've tasted. I will be bunkering a few bottles for sure. I'm amazed out how smooth and how little burn there is for a 128.1 proof bourbon. Now quite as viscous as Stagg Jr. , but just as good. It well worth the $70 price tag in my opinion.

06 Evan Willims single in the hammock. 

I'm so jealous! I wish it was hammock weather here. We just got blasted with a ton of snow.

I'm enjoying one of my favorites. I can't wait to get more when I go to the US.

b7a26ff29cef5cb28dc0a3d4a11a6639.jpg

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

• I like it 1

Started during the afternoon while watching my Cards play baseball with some ETL, followed by some OF Statesman and finished with 1792 Full Proof.  Later at dinner I had some Basil Hayden Dark Rye.  After dinner at a friends I finished off the night with some RR 6 y.o. Rye.

A little ECBS from the grenade while I finish some sous vide chicken on the grill on a really spectacular early spring day. Nice. 

60258151-10C2-4D05-B6FE-294C696120C5.jpeg

• I like it 1

17 hours ago, CardsandBourbon said:

Started during the afternoon while watching my Cards play baseball with some ETL, followed by some OF Statesman and finished with 1792 Full Proof.  Later at dinner I had some Basil Hayden Dark Rye.  After dinner at a friends I finished off the night with some RR 6 y.o. Rye.

How do you like RR 6 yr old Rye? I picked one of these up but I can’t open another bottle right now. It probably tasted a lot better than it is after all those pours you had! :D

20 minutes ago, CUfan99 said:

How do you like RR 6 yr old Rye? I picked one of these up but I can’t open another bottle right now. It probably tasted a lot better than it is after all those pours you had! :D

Just recently started getting into ryes.  Have had Michters, KC, Pikesville, RR, Baby Saz, Bulleitt, and maybe a couple of others.  The RR to me had a more developed finish than the others.  I liken it to the difference between a younger Cabernet Sauvignon and a more developed older one.  Some of the ryes I've had don't have a strong finish (the spice is there at the start and fades quickly) but the RR held on and had a good finish.  Little bit of oak that I usually don't get with the ryes, but then again it's been in the barrel at least twice as long as most ryes. 

• I like it 1

Four Roses small batch. Went really well with the beef filets.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Booker’s Noe Hard Times with a few splashes of a 13yr 6mo KC store pick. 

Last night the future Misses and I went out 2-steppin’ to a band that played a good bit of Merle Haggard covers. A few pours of BT for me and Tito’s, water, and lime for her. It was a wonderful evening.

• I like it 1

Had a good meeting with my client so brought out some big guns to choose from. Finally settled on this one.

15208194792831731635262.jpg

• I like it 1

A dash of WTKS to begin the evening, followed by some JB Distillers Cut. Ended with some Stagg jr batch 9. 

• I like it 1

OF1920. Halfway through the bottle, and I still get a strong Ron Zacapa taste from this which bothers me quite a bit.

Enjoying a pour of Old Rip Van Winkle 12 year after some meetings in NYC. Pour was only $30 which blew me away. 

6BDFCE62-71E7-4F06-BDCC-F2F0A48ED8F8.jpeg

It was far from a normal Monday for me at work today. I actually had a pretty decent day. :blink: I couldn't help but wonder "WTF?"  So to celebrate, I'll be climbing the Weller ladder this evening. Weller SR, Weller 12, an impromptu blend of Weller SR and Weller 12, my 2018 Weller Blend, and quite possibly the last pour from a 2007 WLW. I sure hope the rest of the week is as good as today. :P

Biba! Joe

• I like it 5

CEHT SmB tonite.  Needs warm Texas brisket, methinks . . . . . .  :( 

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, fishnbowljoe said:

It was far from a normal Monday for me at work today. I actually had a pretty decent day. :blink: I couldn't help but wonder "WTF?"  So to celebrate, I'll be climbing the Weller ladder this evening. Weller SR, Weller 12, an impromptu blend of Weller SR and Weller 12, my 2018 Weller Blend, and quite possibly the last pour from a 2007 WLW. I sure hope the rest of the week is as good as today. :P

Biba! Joe

To quote Yul Brenner/Ramses in Ben Hur. "So let it be written, so let it be done."  Yes I did.  ^_^

FWIW, all my pours were good, but the last pour of the 07 WLW was especially noteworthy. As in others past, it was rich, thick and chewy. Sighhhhhhh. :mellow:

Biba! Joe

wm.jpeg

• I like it 5

I was gonna post my drink of choice tonight BUT after Joe's near heaven line up mine would be so...average and BORING 

• I like it 1

A few fingers of Beam's 7yr Distillers Series - I'm rather enjoying this slightly dusty, hope I can stumble on a few more.

Poured a glsss of Makers Mark Private Select to celebrate winding down of another Monday. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.