What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today (Winter 2017

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

My first store selection of any brand. I dig the small batch so hopefully this will be as good.

IMG_20180109_184930.jpg

• I like it 3

33 minutes ago, Bubba-Nj said:

My first store selection of any brand. I dig the small batch so hopefully this will be as good.

IMG_20180109_184930.jpg

NJ, 

you are in for a treat. If you are curious about other recipes, let me know. 

4 hours ago, Bourbon Fanatic said:

Who knows, maybe I'm completely off base with the banana note. Isn't that the great thing about whiskey? Different people have completely different palates and get different notes from the same spirit.

Cheers!

You aren’t the first person to note that about 1792 but it also isn’t widespread (as far as I know) unlike some of the Old Fos where a lot of people taste bananas of some kind. 

2 hours ago, Bubba-Nj said:

IMG_20180109_184930.jpg

Nice pretty sure one of the other NJ guys has a bottle of that pick but could be wrong.

5 hours ago, Bourbon Fanatic said:

Who knows, maybe I'm completely off base with the banana note. Isn't that the great thing about whiskey? Different people have completely different palates and get different notes from the same spirit.

Cheers!

No, I get some banana flavor in most of the Barton bourbons.  Not so much with sweet wheat, port finish & high rye.

But the single barrels, small batch, BiB, 225th, full proof, and very old barton definitely have it.

It's more like banana laffy taffy, or now and laters (banana candy) tasting to me, vs. real bananas.

• I like it 1

IMG_20180109_184930.thumb.jpg.62fa04f8d47fb1c83f5130bab772285f.jpg
I hope you like it! I'll be trying my first four roses single barrel too on my birthday this weekend. It's an obsv as well. :)

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

You aren’t the first person to note that about 1792 but it also isn’t widespread (as far as I know) unlike some of the Old Fos where a lot of people taste bananas of some kind. 

I definitely get bananas on the nose and a terrible finish with both Barton products and Old Forester products. It’s Barton Funk.

31830e301fb844b9c216e16d6ccf6d11.jpg

FYI, Non related discussion if John Goodman and John Turturro had a love child they’d probably look like me.

41 minutes ago, HoustonNit said:

I definitely get bananas on the nose and a terrible finish with both Barton products and Old Forester products. It’s Barton Funk.

31830e301fb844b9c216e16d6ccf6d11.jpg

FYI, Non related discussion if John Goodman and John Turturro had a love child they’d probably look like me.

Not a barton fan.  not sure why, but maybe this funk you speak of.  just haven't had any that do anything for me..

• I like it 1

4 hours ago, flahute said:

I've definitely noticed it in a Single Barrel.  But I enjoyed it.

• I like it 1

I brought home some RRSiB for $43.50 today. That is WAY cheaper than I'm used to seeing it around here.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I picked up some Beam Distiller’s Cut and a bottle of OF SiB PS. I tried both this evening. 

The Distiller’s Cut has a nice presentation. I’m not so impressed with the first taste. I’ll withhold judgment for now. I hope that a bit of oxidation will help.  Tomorrow I’ll know more...

The OF SiB PS is great from the start. It is firing on all cylinders. The biggest impact is the texture. It feels so good to swirl in the mouth.  The finish is long.  I’m planning to get more, without hesitation. 

Bookers 2016-01 (Bluegrass) and 2016.03 (Toogie's Invitation). Looking forward to getting into one of these over the weekend although I expect them to be very good and similar to most of the batches I've tried. 

Bought a 11yo SAOS Single Barrel CS. Can’t have to much of those. I’ll post the picture when I’ll get the bottle in a week or so. 

Will.

6 minutes ago, HoustonNit said:

74faf70135321f0278d116298c2fd06b.jpg

If you panned out on this photo would we see your young child just sitting there not strapped in? :D

• I like it 3

If you panned out on this photo would we see your young child just sitting there not strapped in? [emoji3]

Priorities!

I kid, not quite there yet.

Got a call from TW - "regular" Blanton's hit today. $46.99 OTD!  Great - "A" horsey, bunker getting low, maybe slow up my consumption of the Gold?????  Nah.   :P

Edited by GeeTen
  • I like it 1

1 hour ago, GeeTen said:

Got a call from TW - "regular" Blanton's hit today. $46.99 OTD!  Great - "A" horsey, bunker getting low, maybe slow up my consumption of the Gold?????  Nah.   :P

Nice Gee. I wish Blanton's was that price in my area. Around here you'd have to add anywhere from $10.00-$25.00, and then top it off with our wonderful Illinois taxes. :mellow:

Also and FWIW, it looks like the price for Blanton's in your area actually went down $1.00 since 2014. :huh: I was out in your area visiting my step brother back in the summer of 2014. He bought me a bottle of Blanton's for my birthday. It was $47.99. I know because I bought another one to bring home with me 'cause we finished the one he bought me during the week we were there. My step brother's birthday is three days before mine. (FWIW, he's older by 4 years.)  I'd bought him a bottle of ETL for his birthday. We finished that one too. :P Needless to say we had a pretty fun week. :D

Biba! Joe

3 hours ago, JCwhammie said:

I’m an absolute lover of BT’s mash bill #1. 

6627FE28-43CD-40D4-9424-370B89780C4A.jpeg

WSR for 16.95?  My oh my...I gotta get me down 55 some time soon!

Nice Gee. I wish Blanton's was that price in my area. Around here you'd have to add anywhere from $10.00-$25.00

Same down here Joe. I’ve passed on a number of bottles recently in the $65-$75 range. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.