What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today (Winter 2017

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

8 hours ago, Old Dusty said:

Joe(and others) it is MGP. I believe Heartland is still operating and distilling their own products, but the Spring Mill age stated ceramic/stoneware bottles are sourced. There is no more “Colglazier and Hobson” as that partnership dissolved. 

Hey Eric!  This was my understanding as well.  Spring Mill stuff came from MGP.  The sorghum whiskey, vodka, and gin were distilled by Heartland.  The ceramic bottle is cool but it makes it difficult to determine the fill level.  I know a lot has been going on with both Matt and Stuart over the past few years.  I am not sure if Stuart has produced any whiskey distillate.  

Not a bourbon, but thought some of you might enjoy seeing what my wife gave me for my soon to be birthday:

IMG_2250.jpg

• I like it 5

12 hours ago, flahute said:

Picked up three more RY10's. I found another good barrel and am stocking up.

Nice. I’ve only come across one bottle this year. 

13 hours ago, Marekv8 said:

A couple of bourbons snuck into my rum box this morning. Picked up the Belle Meade as a control to judge other similar MGP liquids against.

IMG_8190.thumb.JPG.7249705eac5142d3df9fa7f4b6da1241.JPG

I've never seen Willett bourbon outside of the pages of SB or in high end bourbon bars. Where can you find that stuff outside of their gift shop? From what I've seen on here, their sourced older bourbons go for crazy $.

56 minutes ago, Clueby said:

Where can you find that stuff outside of their gift shop?

It was sitting on the shelf in plain sight at Lincoln Road Package. Unlike my local liquor stores, he supplies most of the local bars, country clubs and other on-premise accounts with their stock-- so it could have materialized from one of those relationships.

• I like it 1

Stumbled upon a BMH NAS at a store that I frequent. I have no idea how they got it, but I bought it. 

They also had 5 Handy’s of different proofs. They were priced at $250 each, so I passed. 

I dont know how the store got older BMH and Handy, but I’ll ask next time I go. 

21 minutes ago, El Vino said:

Too bad the Handy's weren't priced lower!!

Yeah I'd have probably tried negotiating that.

Not purchased, but I obtained OF1920 in a trade. After splurging on quite a few bottles last weekend I decided I’m going on a buying hiatus for at least a few months. Someone locally was looking to buy ECBP B517 for $75. I told him I’d trade him OF1920 instead of selling. I think we both came out on top of this trade. 

On my way to the grocery store I dropped by a LS to check their price on EW BiB. They were a couple bucks higher than the store I was hitting to do my weekly shopping at, but they had a few ER PS on the shelf for $35 a 750 ml so grabbed a bottle. Might have to go back and grab another if this is a good selection!

Also grabbed a EW BiB for $13 while grocery shopping.

• I like it 2

30 minutes ago, Bourbon Fanatic said:

Brought these home with me today :ph34r:

IMG_1619.thumb.JPG.f2a14d78c39cbe51cafebff60ef9775f.JPG

Cheers!

Nice! I've yet to ever see a CEHT BP in a store.

Yesterday the wife and I made a trip to Bowling Green, KY so I had to stop into Liquor Barn to stock up on two of my favorite BIB, Heaven Hill and JTS Brown. The Cabin Still was a curiosity purchase since it was only 9 bucks. 

1516579143117226631920.jpg

• I like it 2

1 hour ago, Jfletchgu said:

Yesterday the wife and I made a trip to Bowling Green, KY so I had to stop into Liquor Barn to stock up on two of my favorite BIB, Heaven Hill and JTS Brown. The Cabin Still was a curiosity purchase since it was only 9 bucks. 

I'm curious about the HH. When you walk into the Liquor Barn is there sufficient quantity of HH that one could buy it by the case if they wanted it?

Brought these home with me today [emoji185]

IMG_1619.thumb.JPG.f2a14d78c39cbe51cafebff60ef9775f.JPG

Cheers!

I’ve gotta say that decades bottle looks like it would make a fantastic and unique decanter. I might see one in my future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • I like it 1

I'm curious about the HH. When you walk into the Liquor Barn is there sufficient quantity of HH that one could buy it by the case if they wanted it?

I'm a witness to the fact that Fishnbowljoe buys it by the case when he's in Bardstown! I'm not sure where he buys it though.

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, DCFan said:

Ohh ya. There was plenty. If you wanted a case you could get one.

6 hours ago, Jfletchgu said:

Ohh ya. There was plenty. If you wanted a case you could get one.

Thanks for clearing that up. I kinda got that impression from various posters that it was as plentiful as JB is in every LS in the US.

Thanks for clearing that up. I kinda got that impression from various posters that it was as plentiful as JB is in every LS in the US.

It's not quite as plentiful as JB in every LS in KY, and many don't have it at all, but I believe it's still readily available in most of the big stores and major cities.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • I like it 1

Have a buddy who drove cross country, from Charleston SC to AZ, look for me a few bottles along his way. He's a big beer guy so wasn't much to have him stop and look for me on his travel. Think things turned out okay as I got 3 store selects and only cost me $150. 

j7lD08g.jpg

He stoped by Fort Smith, AR at Sodie's Wine & Spirits and found this 13yo.

xOp8HvQ.jpg

6afxb52.jpg

Got this 10yo 4R OBSV at  Jubilation Wine & Spirits in Albuquerque, NM.

E6i3a4f.jpg

On the way back to Charleston I had him stop in Baton Rouge, LA at Bin Q for one of their store selects.

W9thsna.jpg

• I like it 1

On January 21, 2018 at 7:11 PM, Jfletchgu said:

What's the proof on the cabin still? I would guess 80. Would like to hear what you think about it.

• I like it 1

Ordered this last year. UPS man brought it today. Can’t wait to try this bottle. Single barrel, barrel proof wild turkey. Doesn’t get much better than that to me. 

AAA158E7-9D9F-432E-B144-B9C50F3D4DCE.jpeg

• I like it 4

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.