What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today (Winter 2017

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

8 hours ago, cdcdguy said:

Probably only available in Indiana. They have been around for at least 8 years now. Came out with a 3 or 4 year 90 proofer about 5 years ago. At 22 dollars it was so good. Then after a year they were gone. They underestimated demand. It was finally back on shelves last year. They also offer cask strength, which I have had and it's really good.

This one is 90 proof. Have not opened yet, but based on the younger one, this is probably going to be good. With age statements disappearing it's refreshing to have one put on here. If you consider this a craft distiller , then 55 dollars for an 8 year is probably good value. 

Could this his be where many young craft Distiller's might be in a few years?

image.jpg

I know of at least one store in NY that has the Twice Barrelled nice to see a well aged craft whiskey hit the market, I would be interested in trying that, doesn't hurt that their packaging is really pretty great looking.

28 minutes ago, kevinbrink said:

I know of at least one store in NY that has the Twice Barrelled nice to see a well aged craft whiskey hit the market, I would be interested in trying that, doesn't hurt that their packaging is really pretty great looking.

Cool. Glad it's sent out of Indiana. I think they are a pretty small business.  All their stuff has come in the white ceramic bottle. Pretty indeed.

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, cdcdguy said:

Cool. Glad it's sent out of Indiana. I think they are a pretty small business.  All their stuff has come in the white ceramic bottle. Pretty indeed.

Are you sure they distilled these?  I’m skeptical of the wording “produced and bottled”.  

• I like it 1

14 minutes ago, smokinjoe said:

Yeah, I visited their website earlier.  Didn’t convince me, though.  Not trying to cast aspersions here, just trying to clarify the info.  

Joe(and others) it is MGP. I believe Heartland is still operating and distilling their own products, but the Spring Mill age stated ceramic/stoneware bottles are sourced. There is no more “Colglazier and Hobson” as that partnership dissolved. 

13 minutes ago, Old Dusty said:

Joe(and others) it is MGP. I believe Heartland is still operating and distilling their own products, but the Spring Mill age stated ceramic/stoneware bottles are sourced. There is no more “Colglazier and Hobson” as that partnership dissolved. 

Well, if it is MGP, they are doing well. I guess I was hoping I could call this small craft that had some age on it. I have yet to have a Spring Mill product that wasn't pretty good. 

I got a little carried away. Have to take it easy on the purchases for a little while. Besides I need some time to sample all of the purchases I've made lately.

20180120_131230.jpg

55 minutes ago, Old Dusty said:

Thanks, E.  It kinda had that smell to the label.  

2 hours ago, Mako254 said:

And another. Good day today. 

CA97CC51-4E72-4CF7-B40A-F7204062F7CA.jpeg

That has recently become one of my favorite pours. 

• I like it 1

Grocery shopping today with my wife. Of course it's the SOS. I had to stop at a liquor store. ;) I purchased a PS BT, and a Hancock's President's Reserve. The devil on my left shoulder won out. :ph34r: 

Biba! Joe

new.jpeg

• I like it 3

Not me, but my wife bought me a FRSmB and Baby saz so i have something to look forward to after I get home from the hospital following back surgery. She spoils me!

• I like it 2

1 hour ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Grocery shopping today with my wife. Of course it's the SOS. I had to stop at a liquor store. ;) I purchased a PS BT, and a Hancock's President's Reserve. The devil on my left shoulder won out. :ph34r: 

Biba! Joe

new.jpeg

You gotta buy a Hancock's when you get chance because those chances don't come around that often.

Saturday night usually means surf n turf in our house, and since there's a Total Wine around the corner from my fishmonger, I came home with another Witherspoon store select. TW must have a line on these as this is the 3rd different barrel I've gotten recently. Really enjoying this stuff obviously. So pleasantly surprised to find a Texas bourbon (non-MGP) worth more than a hill of beans.

3 hours ago, emr454 said:

Not me, but my wife bought me a FRSmB and Baby saz so i have something to look forward to after I get home from the hospital following back surgery. She spoils me!

Pics for proof 

received_10214975026986074.jpeg

received_10214975027066076.jpeg

• I like it 2

A couple of bourbons snuck into my rum box this morning. Picked up the Belle Meade as a control to judge other similar MGP liquids against.

IMG_8190.thumb.JPG.7249705eac5142d3df9fa7f4b6da1241.JPG

• I like it 1

I was grabbing a case of house wine for wifey and finally pulled the trigger on a OF 1920. Seems like I’m the last guy to buy one.

But I’m still not joining f&$@ing Facebook.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• I like it 4

15 minutes ago, Marekv8 said:

A couple of bourbons snuck into my rum box this morning. Picked up the Belle Meade as a control to judge other similar MGP liquids against.

IMG_8190.thumb.JPG.7249705eac5142d3df9fa7f4b6da1241.JPG

I have beel loving the Belle Meade singles I have come across. Let mw know how that one is. 

8 minutes ago, BigRich said:

I was grabbing a case of house wine for wifey and finally pulled the trigger on a OF 1920. Seems like I’m the last guy to buy one.

But I’m still not joining f&$@ing Facebook.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can like it.  It’s a good whiskey...for $30.   But, if you join the blahgger circle jerk on it, I’m going to un-friend you with a handwritten letter delivered via telegram...or, pony express.    :D

39 minutes ago, Mako254 said:

Let me know how that one is.

I'm drinking it now. Reminds me of a Dolly Madison Cherry Pie (as advertised during the Charlie Brown TV specials from my childhood) coated with a fine dusting of freshly-ground black pepper. Jamie had two Belle Meade picks and stated that this was his favorite of the two. Good pick.

Regards, Dave

belle_meade.thumb.jpg.2e6d11a06c74cb14a973a6959d6054c4.jpg

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.