What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today (Winter 2017

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Stopped in a new to me state store today. Walked out with 2 more bottles of RY10yrSB and could brought home a few more bottle of various items but didn't. Not having enough money is really getting in the way of my Bourbon hunt these days!

Been telling myself to back off and enjoy what's already bought  (which would float a battleship), but a nagging little voice insisted I turn right today, and wadd'ya know, a $30 bottle of WR rye found its way home....

• I like it 1

Had a whim today to check a few shops for Kentucky Owl Rye online. The first website I looked at is a shop about an hour from my house, and they had it for $120 and shipping cheaper than the gas to drive there so I bought it. Never tried it yet but curiosity got the best of me. 

Checked out a store in SC I hadn't stopped at in a while and they had 1792 BIB so I picked up a couple - left 4 on the shelf for someone else

• I like it 3

Good, but I think Weller 12 is better, and  ORVW10 is much better. 

Didnt purchase. Moved to other thread

FAE86E81-7725-4ECD-B4A8-4D0FFFBDD2EB.thumb.jpeg.014c06ea9f1d959fccdfcc2ac68d9374.jpeg

Edited by Dango

Put this in another thread but I thought i should put it here too.  Picked up 3 dusty WTRB bottles.  2 batch wt 03rb I think from 2012.  1 batch w-t-01-99 from, best as I can tell, 2002.  The label is a little faded, and who knows if the whiskey is any good, but I still think its cool.  Couldnt pass it up for $38!

20180118_123126.jpg

Edited by Bourbon....Neat!
  • I like it 4

56 minutes ago, Bourbon....Neat! said:

Put this in another thread but I thought i should put it here too.  Picked up 3 dusty WTRB bottles.  2 batch wt 03rb I think from 2012.  1 batch w-t-01-99 from, best as I can tell, 2002.  The label is a little faded, and who knows if the whiskey is any good, but I still think its cool.  Couldnt pass it up for $38!

20180118_123126.jpg

I wouldn't worry too much about the label fading my open WT 03RB looks about the same amount and tastes just fine.

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, kevinbrink said:

I wouldn't worry too much about the label fading my open WT 03RB looks about the same amount and tastes just fine.

Very glad to hear that.  You cant' tell from the picture but the w-t-01-99 is quire a bit darker than the wt03rb.  It looks delicious!

16 hours ago, kevinbrink said:

One concern about a badly faded label is could it indicate a whiskey that has had prolonged exposure to sunlight. Something stored in or near a window perhaps. That could potentially affect the contents.

Purchased this in a roundabout way.  Bourbon4all was interested in some things he can't get in his neck of the woods and I was interested in things I can't find locally sooooooo . . . I just received the following:

OC.jpg

Been really wanting to get my hands on the CEHT BP.  My new BBF (Best Bourbon Friend) included the bottle of OC age stated at 8 years.  After opening it I told him that if he were an astronaut he would be as they said in Apollo 13 "A Steely Eyed Missile Man."

Edited by CardsandBourbon
  • I like it 2

3 hours ago, tanstaafl2 said:

One concern about a badly faded label is could it indicate a whiskey that has had prolonged exposure to sunlight. Something stored in or near a window perhaps. That could potentially affect the contents.

Yep, agreed, I should take a picture of an OGD BIB someone gave me that had a white label, they thought it was just old..... I did open it and take a taste but dumped it, it since has been decanted into as a blend bottle that I keep in the fridge for Manhattans.

4 hours ago, CardsandBourbon said:

Purchased this in a roundabout way.  Bourbon4all was interested in some things he can't get in his neck of the woods and I was interested in things I can't find locally sooooooo . . . I just received the following:

OC.jpg

Been really wanting to get my hands on the CEHT BP.  My new BBF (Best Bourbon Friend) included the bottle of OC age stated at 8 years.  After opening it I told him that if he were an astronaut he would be as they said in Apollo 13 "A Steely Eyed Missile Man."

Congrats on the CEHT BP.  Until recently it was best bourbon I have opened, and still ranks 2nd over all in my stable.

Running errands today.  Funny how they always take me by the LS...

My favorite LS had a new PS available- Belle Meade 10 SiB for $60.  Its been on my buy list for awhile since it has been mentioned favorably recently, and the fact it was a PS sealed the deal.  Another stop yielded a sale on 4R SiB for $32.99.  The entire row of bottles were PS bottles...  7 yr, 10 mo OBSV.  I've been collecting the recipes, and already had this one, but grabbed 2 anyway.  This is the same place where the manager couldn't come up with a price for ECBP A117 awhile back, so offered it for $25.

• I like it 2

2 hours ago, Radioyada said:

Congrats on the CEHT BP.  Until recently it was best bourbon I have opened, and still ranks 2nd over all in my stable.

What's your number 1?

Just now, Radioyada said:

2017 GTS

I was lucky enough to get a bottle of that and it sure it tasty stuff!

• I like it 1

9 hours ago, tanstaafl2 said:

That was my concern.   Not sure how long it lived where I found it but the store had a tinted window front that faced north.  Hopefully it didn't get too much sun!

Just stopped at b&b in Tennessee. Never seen this before so I grabbed a bottle. 90a580cca91acee069864e241903d1c6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably only available in Indiana. They have been around for at least 8 years now. Came out with a 3 or 4 year 90 proofer about 5 years ago. At 22 dollars it was so good. Then after a year they were gone. They underestimated demand. It was finally back on shelves last year. They also offer cask strength, which I have had and it's really good.

This one is 90 proof. Have not opened yet, but based on the younger one, this is probably going to be good. With age statements disappearing it's refreshing to have one put on here. If you consider this a craft distiller , then 55 dollars for an 8 year is probably good value. 

Could this his be where many young craft Distiller's might be in a few years?

image.jpg

Edited by cdcdguy

4 hours ago, gurgalunas said:

Running errands today.  Funny how they always take me by the LS...

My favorite LS had a new PS available- Belle Meade 10 SiB for $60.  Its been on my buy list for awhile since it has been mentioned favorably recently, and the fact it was a PS sealed the deal.  Another stop yielded a sale on 4R SiB for $32.99.  The entire row of bottles were PS bottles...  7 yr, 10 mo OBSV.  I've been collecting the recipes, and already had this one, but grabbed 2 anyway.  This is the same place where the manager couldn't come up with a price for ECBP A117 awhile back, so offered it for $25.

That would be a case of where you were right to not try to fix stupid.

Edited by Postal Grunt
correction

Bourbon happens around KC as gurgalunas has mentioned. I stopped by the library near his home to return some CDs and then went to the nearby supermarket for chili and pizza supplies.  Well, MO supermarkets can and often do have liquor aisles so I had to see what I could see and bought something I saw.  It was an EC private selection with a 10 year age claim on the label next to the name of the store.   I know that EC is now NAS and was 12 YO within memory. I even purchased a bottle or two. However, whether the age statement was the honest truth or a cynical and shameless marketing ploy, I had to bring one home. Investigative reporting is called for to protect consumer welfare and I'm the kind of guy to volunteer to do so.

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.