What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today (Winter 2017

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

1 hour ago, Mako254 said:

Ordered this last year. UPS man brought it today. Can’t wait to try this bottle. Single barrel, barrel proof wild turkey. Doesn’t get much better than that to me. 

AAA158E7-9D9F-432E-B144-B9C50F3D4DCE.jpeg

Whats the story behind this? Sounds fantastic

1 hour ago, cdcdguy said:

What's the proof on the cabin still? I would guess 80. Would like to hear what you think about it.

It is 80 proof. Its super light and smooth that in my opinion is pretty good (for 9 bucks). There is no offensive tasting notes, but again probably the lightest whiskey I have ever had with almost zero finish. Great to have around for the non-bourbon friends with unsophisticated palates who just want something easy to drink.

13 hours ago, Mako254 said:

Ordered this last year. UPS man brought it today. Can’t wait to try this bottle. Single barrel, barrel proof wild turkey. Doesn’t get much better than that to me. 

AAA158E7-9D9F-432E-B144-B9C50F3D4DCE.jpeg

I've got to ask, where did you find this?  I've looked high and low for an online retailer, can't find one who has it!

37 minutes ago, sbsbsb said:

I've got to ask, where did you find this?  I've looked high and low for an online retailer, can't find one who has it!

singlecasknation.com

only 150 bottles. Word is, there may be another release this summer. 

12 hours ago, Jfletchgu said:

It is 80 proof. Its super light and smooth that in my opinion is pretty good (for 9 bucks). There is no offensive tasting notes, but again probably the lightest whiskey I have ever had with almost zero finish. Great to have around for the non-bourbon friends with unsophisticated palates who just want something easy to drink.

Thanks for the tasting notes. Am always looking for table bourbons. Have never seen here in Indiana but will check out when I go to KY in March. For 9 bucks, not much to lose! The HH and JTS are both very good. I love the bonded bourbons.

Edited by cdcdguy
  • I like it 1

On 1/21/2018 at 7:19 AM, Kyjd75 said:

Not a bourbon, but thought some of you might enjoy seeing what my wife gave me for my soon to be birthday:

IMG_2250.jpg

Son bought a bottle of this in Savannah on our way back from the Taxslayer Bowl.  Guess I need to have him open it up.

• I like it 2

A co worker has family in Kentucky and gifted a pair of HH6 BiB. Can’t wait to try one out. She wouldn’t take money, said they were on sale for $8/each!

FCDFE5E2-625C-4B96-9500-2F0EFED32D03.jpeg

• I like it 7

I’ve got a 12yo single barrel from Smooth Ambler coming in, pretty exited about this one. 

Will. 

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, Masset1982 said:

I’ve got a 12yo single barrel from Smooth Ambler coming in, pretty exited about this one. 

Will. 

What proof? Some of the older saos barrel proofs hang out around 105 or so and are awesome. 

Added this today. 

47FD2D93-79BA-45E9-AF47-9D84CFB34D82.jpeg

• I like it 3

Been looking for the Weller for a while, $20 each. Giving a different mash bill of the Four Roses a go.

IMG_20180124_160818.jpg

• I like it 1

15 minutes ago, Bubba-Nj said:

Been looking for the Weller for a while, $20 each. Giving a different mash bill of the Four Roses a go.

IMG_20180124_160818.jpg

Nice find! Those "O" yeasts are hard to find.

Cheers!

On January 23, 2018 at 6:29 PM, Mako254 said:

A co worker has family in Kentucky and gifted a pair of HH6 BiB. Can’t wait to try one out. She wouldn’t take money, said they were on sale for $8/each!

FCDFE5E2-625C-4B96-9500-2F0EFED32D03.jpeg

I am amazed they can sell it this cheap. A profit can't possibly be made for 8 dollars after sitting in a barrel for 6 years. This would be a value at 20 dollars. Let us know how you like it.

• I like it 1

Got these on a trip to TN. I really like the Barrell Whiskey releases and MC's has some nice picks. Looking forward to trying them.

IMG_2120.JPG

• I like it 1

I picked up these two bottles of KC private selection from K&L only to find that one of them had the correct badge, while the other has a badge from Frugal MacDoogals barrel #4763! The color looks identical though, so I’m trying to figure out whether it’s the K&L pick with an incorrect label or if K&L got a case of the Frugal MacDoogal selection by accident.

4ba325a85d00368444555e0a762117f3.jpg

11 hours ago, Mako254 said:

What proof? Some of the older saos barrel proofs hang out around 105 or so and are awesome. 

Added this today. 

47FD2D93-79BA-45E9-AF47-9D84CFB34D82.jpeg

Nice score ! About the SAOS, it's a 116 proof bottling by Sarah, don't have it yet, a friend of mine ordered it for me, he will send it to me at the end of next week, i'm pretty happy about getting one of these. 

Enjoy the OWA, cheers! 

Will.

• I like it 2

Bought a bottle of WA107 Wicked Oak Society (Gary's Liquor's in West Roxbury) pick after tasting it last week at Pappy's Whiskey Den last Wednesday.  I understand they sold the barrel out in 90 minutes!  $24.99 OTD - wicked good stuff!   :P

• I like it 2

11 minutes ago, Masset1982 said:

2FAC6698-74EA-438D-85B5-61DB1D462D3B.thumb.jpeg.a124d279d41ead661cafd9110b1bf92b.jpeg

Received a Blanton’s store picks 120 proof. 

Will.

Very nice - the next BTAC addition, perchance?   :rolleyes:

• I like it 1

2 minutes ago, GeeTen said:

Very nice - the next BTAC addition, perchance?   :rolleyes:

Why not ! Thx. 

Will. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.