Empty bottle support group - 2018

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

7 minutes ago, Kepler said:

I have accumulated over a case of Weller 12.  We need to do some trading.  ;- )

Ha!

• I like it 1

"harder" aka "impossible" for most. I kid you not that it's easier for me to get BTAC than Weller 12. No exaggeration. 

It’s amazing how different states and regions are affected by the bourbon boom. Just due to the overall bottle count difference between W12 and BTAC, one would think you’d have a better chance at obtaining W12, but there are clearly distribution and allocation practices that also impact access to different products. It’s not easy to find W12 here, but it is a bit easier than getting a bottle of BTAC.

6 hours ago, lcpfratn said:

It’s amazing how different states and regions are affected by the bourbon boom. Just due to the overall bottle count difference between W12 and BTAC, one would think you’d have a better chance at obtaining W12, but there are clearly distribution and allocation practices that also impact access to different products. It’s not easy to find W12 here, but it is a bit easier than getting a bottle of BTAC.

I can recall seeing one bottle of W12 in a store at a BTAC secondary price. 

Edit: to clarify, that’s the only W12 I’ve seen anywhere. 

Edited by CUfan99

17 hours ago, lcpfratn said:

I agree that the regional variance is wild.  Chicago area just received W12 and ETL.  First time for Elmer this year, but the 12 had a shipment earlier this year.

Edited by Bob_Loblaw

I agree that the regional variance is wild.  Chicago area just received W12 and ETL.  First time for Elmer this year, but the 12 had a shipment earlier this year.

The distributor in our part of the state holds almost all of the Buffalo Trace allocated and LE stuff for one allocation late in the Fall. So, they’ve been warehousing almost everything they have received since the Spring or Summer so they will have larger quantities to allocate at one time sometime later this fall. We’ll probably still have to wait at least another month or so before they finally release all the “good” stuff.

11 hours ago, lcpfratn said:

The distributor in our part of the state holds almost all of the Buffalo Trace allocated and LE stuff for one allocation late in the Fall. So, they’ve been warehousing almost everything they have received since the Spring or Summer so they will have larger quantities to allocate at one time sometime later this fall. We’ll probably still have to wait at least another month or so before they finally release all the “good” stuff.

Oh interesting.  Well hopefully you will get the chance to pick up a few good bottles!

This one has always been a bit over-oaked to me, not a bad pour but one I need to be in the mood for. It's working fine tonight on it's way to the bin.

y4mYVqhoSHf83zhve7X9bRUghkFobe5lAV3No2um

• I like it 2

The end of another winner.  Fortunately, a replacement awaits.  (Stopper letter "B" gives way to stopper letter "T".)

Blanton's 2.jpg

Finished my favorite batch of Barrell Bourbon (#9). I think I have another bottle. It will be a surprise down the road to find it. 

3F7C7865-B0AA-43DF-977C-9C61395E8A7F.thumb.jpeg.82f6c6d3e266961ec98c47bc49c33d0d.jpeg

• I like it 2

On 9/23/2018 at 8:34 PM, flahute said:

Rare Breed doesn't stand a chance in my house. It's a requirement of the Lawrenceburg Cult.

Ha! I sure hear you on that one. RB seems to vanish very quickly around these parts. ?

Cheers,

N.

• I like it 1

5 hours ago, LCWoody said:

Finished my favorite batch of Barrell Bourbon (#9). I think I have another bottle. It will be a surprise down the road to find it. 

3F7C7865-B0AA-43DF-977C-9C61395E8A7F.thumb.jpeg.82f6c6d3e266961ec98c47bc49c33d0d.jpeg

Love that one too.  

I used to like this a lot. But can’t say that I’m going to miss this bottle. Always got this astringent finish with this one. Lots of others I like more...

988CA85D-C36D-4B59-BC05-AF049DF07EC3.jpeg

OF SiB. This one is from a few years back. It is different enough from OF & good enough for me to have enjoyed  the bottle and I am happy I have a backup. 

Cheers

On 9/23/2018 at 11:34 PM, flahute said:

Rare Breed doesn't stand a chance in my house. It's a requirement of the Lawrenceburg Cult.

#lawrenceburgcult

got some 116 in my glass tonight. 

13 hours ago, fosmith said:

Looks like there's a few drops left in that bottle...  :lol:

There was quite a bit of black sediment in those drops I could live without ingesting

On 9/27/2018 at 9:21 PM, Bob_Loblaw said:

Hopefully opening another along with 9 of his friends soon. 

2156A270-0106-4727-B876-0CE43247BD07.jpeg

Kenwood makes some good barrel picks

2016 THH rye. This bottle is the reason there are any ryes on my bar... My first Rye was Bulleit years ago, I didn’t care for it and was done with Rye, then THH came along and changed my mind... I now have 8 or 9 ryes open...

• I like it 1

Finished off a Rebel Yell 10 Year tonight.  This was an early bottle from their first release, barreled on 9/05, purchased for about $45.  I have no frame of reference, but this seemed like a very good barrel to me, good from beginning to end.    

F9484682-C277-4C97-8707-CE6EEFDD1491.jpeg

• I like it 1

Hey @flahute

Bottles that are emptied on the porch during a surprise visit from an old friend tend to taste the best. 

9616187B-B4EF-48A0-BE79-D37D49DBC648.jpeg

• I like it 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.