Empty bottle support group - 2018

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Going to have to pick up another bottle out of this barrel before it is gone. 

Rec’d the book as well for anyone that enjoys crime fiction. 

E21238A7-28E7-4C5A-9E7D-2592139516DA.jpeg

Finished this guy off last night, a deeply concerning event. However as luck would have it, I kept a spare on hand. 

20180618_185344.jpg

Off work today, so "cleaning up" the house a bit.

Specifically the liquor shelf.

The gin, my wife polished off last weekend.

IMAG3445.jpg

• I like it 1

Thus far Jefferson's has been a difficult brand for me to figure out. Not offensive but not entirely interesting or enjoyable. The smallbatch being an 82-something-proof isn't particularly potent. It's definitely a sweater drink, almost so much so that it was difficult for me to drink it at times. I finished it off and think I'd look for one of their older expressions to revisit the brand. 

Not necessarily a bad, but certainly not my fondest farewell to you, Jefferson's. 

20180621_182646.jpg

3 hours ago, MTTS88 said:

Thus far Jefferson's has been a difficult brand for me to figure out. Not offensive but not entirely interesting or enjoyable. The smallbatch being an 82-something-proof isn't particularly potent. It's definitely a sweater drink, almost so much so that it was difficult for me to drink it at times. I finished it off and think I'd look for one of their older expressions to revisit the brand. 

Not necessarily a bad, but certainly not my fondest farewell to you, Jefferson's. 

20180621_182646.jpg

Just stay away from Jefferson's. Your life will be easier and happier for it.

• I like it 3

Another one down.  I find myself reaching for this bottle the most often when one is opened. Not sure if it is because I have easy access for replacement or I just want the others to last longer. 

C12E1C7E-5396-4ADA-B214-D7DFC28CE7E3.jpeg

3 hours ago, Radioyada said:

Another one down.  I find myself reaching for this bottle the most often when one is opened. Not sure if it is because I have easy access for replacement or I just want the others to last longer. 

C12E1C7E-5396-4ADA-B214-D7DFC28CE7E3.jpeg

Could it be just because you like how it tastes?  I sure do.

Helped a local store clean up their tasting bar last night with 2 pours of this.

I haven't felt this kind of love (lust?) for a bourbon in a long time.

This is the kinda bourbon that makes you want to cheat on all your other bourbons...

This is the kinda bourbon that makes me forget about my love affair with rye...

Pappy can take all his bottles and go away.  I'll take this any day !

You wanna add water or Ice?

Your not my friend,  and I'm taking your glass away.

2017 WLW, btw

IMAG3451.jpg

Edited by 0895
  • I like it 2

16 hours ago, Kepler said:

Finished off this Barrell bourbon batch 009.  Tasty stuff; glad I have more.

20180622_230427.jpg

Was that the MGP batch?

8 hours ago, 0895 said:

Helped a local store clean up their tasting bar last night with 2 pours of this.

I haven't felt this kind of love (lust?) for a bourbon in a long time.

This is the kinda bourbon that makes you want to cheat on all your other bourbons...

This is the kinda bourbon that makes me forget about my love affair with rye...

Pappy can take all his bottles and go away.  I'll take this any day !

You wanna add water or Ice?

Your not my friend,  and I'm taking your glass away.

2017 WLW, btw

IMAG3451.jpg

Shoulda called me! I was contemplating hitting a few of their limited pours. 17 WLW sounds amazing. 16 is no slouch. 

Knocked two more bottles out of the cabinet this weekend. A 4RSB OBSQ and Old Forester Statesman will be finding their way to the green bin in the morning. For whatever reason, the Statesman has really grown on me and is something I want more and more. Now I need to BUY more and more!

On 6/23/2018 at 3:17 PM, 0895 said:

Was that the MGP batch?

No this one was distilled in Tennessee.  Some speculate that it was made by Dickel but I don't know.  I know I liked it.

The wife finished this one off. I WILL be replacing this one. Actually have one in the bunker but time to restock.

20180626_222007-1209x1612.jpg

On 6/23/2018 at 11:17 PM, Clueby said:

Shoulda called me! I was contemplating hitting a few of their limited pours. 17 WLW sounds amazing. 16 is no slouch. 

Both years are really good.

:)

A standard BT and some good ol' OGD 114. My first bottle of OGD 114 and not disappointed I have 2 more of it. That had to be one of the best values I've yet to taste. I only wish I'd discovered it when I first started drinking bourbon. Thankfully I did find WT101 when I turned 21. 

20180626_223301.jpg

I actually could use some support on this one, as it disappeared before it even had a semi-permanent place on my shelf.

Built on a base of 95% rye, with some 51% rye blended in, this bottle is dangerously easy to drink @ 112.6p.

Upfront, the typical mgp dill & black pepper blast, followed by tobacco & faint caramel, that finishes slightly sweet (in a good way).

It's like two different ryes got married & are having crazy good sex in your mouth.

If you like the mgp rye taste profile, this is the bottle you've been missing!

I'll be picking up a replacement (or two) shortly.

IMAG3455.jpg

Edited by 0895
Yes, I actually did finish this @ 10am. Its that good!

1 hour ago, 0895 said:

It's like two different ryes got married & are having crazy good sex in your mouth.

Ah, the imagery!  LOL!

Pouring samples and sipping some MGP/ Belle Meade. Barreled on 10/09/06. 

5E09A996-737B-4565-A584-634FEC1BC87A.jpeg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.