Empty bottle support group - 2018

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Wrapped up an Ezra brooks 101 7 yr. I learned it’s worth the extra 10 dollars to pay for he Henry McKenna 10 yr! Not bad, but not anywhere close to the 10 yr McKenna.

On ‎6‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 1:39 AM, MTTS88 said:

Thankfully I did find WT101 when I turned 21. 

Well sometimes you start at the top and work your way back! 

9 hours ago, NDN98 said:

Making room for another bottleIMG_8395.JPG

Very short lived bottle. By the way congrats on getting a full head cork. :) 

• I like it 1

With all the hate I read about WSR, I was surprised how much I liked it.  Great rich, sweet nose and palate.  Went out and bought two more bottles that Bevmo (two different stores) just happened to have in stock.  A rare sight in the wild here in the Bay Area.  The Pikesville... say no more! 

weller pikesville.jpg

• I like it 1

47 minutes ago, fosmith said:

With all the hate I read about WSR [...]

Was that in a parallel universe?!

The glory days of this OESQ are behind.

IMG_20180630_234716.jpg

Edited by Kane

12 hours ago, Kane said:

Yes, the Bourbonr Facebook page. 

17 hours ago, fosmith said:

With all the hate I read about WSR, I was surprised how much I liked it.  Great rich, sweet nose and palate.  Went out and bought two more bottles that Bevmo (two different stores) just happened to have in stock.  A rare sight in the wild here in the Bay Area.  The Pikesville... say no more! 

weller pikesville.jpg

I haven't tried the Pikesville. It is on " the list" of things to do. ????

But I have had WSR. I am not " hating" on WSR, but it is just another bottom shelf bourbon. IMHO. What makes it so coveted is the names Weller & Buffalo Trace. 

It makes people crazy. Both sellers & consumers alike. 

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, Wedelstaedt said:

I haven't tried the Pikesville. It is on " the list" of things to do. ????

But I have had WSR. I am not " hating" on WSR, but it is just another bottom shelf bourbon. IMHO. What makes it so coveted is the names Weller & Buffalo Trace. 

It makes people crazy. Both sellers & consumers alike. 

There is something to that but it is good stuff for where it should be in the bourbon pecking order. I’m not replacing a lot of BT bottles I finish with more BT due to allocation/price reasons and a little bit of dissatisfaction with how Sazerac does business. They do make good stuff though. 

Best thing about finishing off a good bottle is searching the bunker for a fitting replacement.

Cheers

IMG_0167.jpg

• I like it 3

On 6/30/2018 at 8:59 PM, Kane said:

It's my universe, I think WSR is pretty sub-par, I think a lot around here basically think it's fine but that OWA is a better value. 

Used the mid-week holiday to do some clean-up in the general spirits room, to facilitate a planned reconfiguration…

IMG_9781.thumb.jpg.b2c709baee2321d9577dc47a5ce9438e.jpg

IMG_9855.thumb.jpg.8d76c6b203d7c39355281519ac961c73.jpg

Used the mid-week holiday to do some clean-up in the general spirits room, to facilitate a planned reconfiguration…

That's a lot of empty bottles! [emoji15]

3 hours ago, Marekv8 said:

That must have been a hell of a party!  Ha!

14 hours ago, Marekv8 said:

13 hours ago, lcpfratn said:

That's a lot of empty bottles! emoji15.png

11 hours ago, Swamp55 said:

That must have been a hell of a party!  Ha!

That's in Baton Rouge.  Say no more.

Had my father-in-law visiting visiting from France and I kept some low fills of a lot of different bottles around so we could compare. Things like different 4R recipes, different mashbill #2 from BT, etc.

IMG_4843.JPG

• I like it 1

9 hours ago, Kepler said:

patty cake, patty cake, Baker's down

WIN_20180706_004921 (2).JPG

Heehee.  Nicely played!  

On ‎7‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 10:08 AM, Marekv8 said:

About 2 hunting seasons ago I brought 4 bottles of that Pecan Pie whiskey to West TX. on a hunt and gave them to some of the local boys, they drank them all in one night...…. Needless to say they didn't feel good the next day. I cant imagine getting drunk on that sweet, sweet, whiskey. I have to say a small glass of its not terribly bad though.   

1 hour ago, LCWoody said:

About 2 hunting seasons ago I brought 4 bottles of that Pecan Pie whiskey to West TX. on a hunt and gave them to some of the local boys, they drank them all in one night...…. Needless to say they didn't feel good the next day. I cant imagine getting drunk on that sweet, sweet, whiskey. I have to say a small glass of its not terribly bad though.   

Yes, a little goes a long way. Most of these bottles were consumed by my wife who has a penchant for the sweeter side. Of course the amari and fernets in the mix (my contribution) probably have the same amount of sugar-- just tempered with the bitter componentry.

• I like it 1

Killed a 2009 vintage 8 yr old EWSB. Very good out of the freezer after washing the house, changing the oil in the wife’s ride and cutting the grass. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.