What Bourbon Are You Enjoying (Spring 2018)

DCFan
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

8 minutes ago, Masset1982 said:

To be honest, i'll not miss this bottle, my least fav of the bunch. I've got more coming though, waiting for 2015 which just landed in Belgium today, still have to go through customs, but i'll have it soon. Cheers! 

Will. 

And I thought my ECBP Batch 6 was high in ABV, ???? Which year/batch was that bottle?

33 minutes ago, MTNBourbon said:

And I thought my ECBP Batch 6 was high in ABV, ???? Which year/batch was that bottle?

It's from 2016, not the highest though, the 2007 is 72.4 ABV. I've enjoyed my last pour of ECBP batch 6, even more than the 2016 Stagg (AND I'M A BIG STAGG FAN, so not easy to admit)

Will.

7 hours ago, kevinbrink said:

There are no store picks this year but with BT/Saz IMHO they put everything on allocation to create artificial demand, there is plenty of ER on the shelves here, there is no Weller but of course there is a new Weller coming out, all of this reeks of BS to me. 

Pretty much the same in Indiana.  Almost any place that sells booze has ER @ $25 - $30.  I've even seen it cheaper on sale.  I don't see any Weller except the pics some people post here.

4 minutes ago, PaulO said:

Pretty much the same in Indiana.  Almost any place that sells booze has ER @ $25 - $30.  I've even seen it cheaper on sale.  I don't see any Weller except the pics some people post here.

In my California town, the only bottle of Weller I've seen is the one I got for my birthday; IIRC the person who gifted it said an employee at Total Wine clued them in about it and referred them to the customer service desk. Pretty hush hush it seems. 

I got some good news from my doctor today so decided to treat myself to celebrate. I'm enjoying life with some 1792 fp. Life is good! IMG_20180504_175728.jpeg

• I like it 3

Cracked open this Willet 3 yr rye. 

43651B4E-84C4-428C-ADBA-DD7C7C62B1D1.jpeg

Edited by Bob_Loblaw
  • I like it 1

1 minute ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

You'll need that ice..that stuff is red hot

3 minutes ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

The three y.o. doesn't get a lot of respect but I think it's pretty good

No problems finding Eagle Rare in my neck of the woods.  

I do like Four Roses. I think it has an incredible nose.

I thought I would do some SBS comparisons with some Jim Beam products. Just having some fun about to get caught up on The Americans.

image.jpg

• I like it 3

Agree more with FH. The Willet was a bit of a hot mess to me. Moved onto some EHSiB.  Mmmm this is good. I am getting the same cherry cola as I did from the “ER101” blend. May have to mix up a small batch  and do a SBS

42E2C10F-7FB9-4200-9875-701463E61170.jpeg

• I like it 1

10 hours ago, Adam777 said:

I thought I would do some SBS comparisons with some Jim Beam products. Just having some fun about to get caught up on The Americans.

image.jpg

Notes? 

I won’t give my full tasting notes but some observations that many already know. OGD 114 for the price is excellent and KCSiB the same. Barrel picks are always fun and KCSiB is probably the smoothest drinker for 120 proof and aged 9 years with some barrel picks longer! It’s funny at only 8 proof points higher bookers 2017-04 Sip a While packs way more of a punch and the finish is excellent. Each beam product serves the purpose in their prospective categories and depending on the mood I will take any of these however money will be the only thing holding me back on some of the bookers especially being aged 6-7 years and KCSiB at 9 years for around $25 cheaper.

All by myself tonight. Didn't feel like spending big, so entered the shittiest dive playing the loudest guitars to get a pint.

They have Blanton's for $7!!! Served in a shot glass of course.

15255715731908002193135192311061.jpg

Edited by Kane
  • I like it 2

1 minute ago, Kane said:

Note to self, don't hit Quote instead of Edit.

Edited by Kane
  • I like it 2

On 5/4/2018 at 6:32 PM, StarSurfer55 said:

No problems finding Eagle Rare in my neck of the woods.  

I do like Four Roses. I think it has an incredible nose.

It's my go to for Mint Juleps currently, including Derby Day! Even though Woodford is the official KY Derby bourbon (and Old Forester to some degree it seems) 

On 5/3/2018 at 11:09 PM, Adam777 said:

Haven’t had eagle rare in a while, but picked up a bottle today. The liquor store said as of today eagle rare is officially an allocated bottle for the time being. Anyone else here this?

Nope.  Wash DC has regulars and some store picks scattered around, and Virginia ABC stores currently have it on sale at $30 a 750.

image.thumb.jpg.f11d524c7ef3344fb27292bac0b2f30a.jpg
So which one did you like most? BTW, what kind of whiskey tumbler is that in the middle?

On 5/4/2018 at 8:10 PM, Adam777 said:

image.jpg

Magnificent glass in the middle. Personally don't like the look of the 2 other glasses :) 

I've heard good things about the OGD 114 though; going to have to pick up a bottle soon. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.