What Bourbon Are You Enjoying (Spring 2018)

DCFan
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I’ve got a bit of BT bourbon cream in my espresso this morning. 

• I like it 1

This is far more sedate than expected-- like it had its teeth pulled somewhere between the barrel and bottle. Could also be what it was up against for the evening-- I'll put it first in the batting order next time around.

IMG_9099.thumb.jpg.fb30d69a4b28fc5c6371556e2780d35a.jpg

81C73521-E012-427A-8A1C-1583AA447A4B.thumb.jpeg.c66bddf122584461cd8302d3ffb279a8.jpeg

A healthy pour of the good old turkey. Cheers!

Will.

• I like it 3

3 hours ago, Marekv8 said:

This is far more sedate than expected-- like it had its teeth pulled somewhere between the barrel and bottle. Could also be what it was up against for the evening-- I'll put it first in the batting order next time around.

IMG_9099.thumb.jpg.fb30d69a4b28fc5c6371556e2780d35a.jpg

My experience exactly.  It was a very good bourbon but it's attributes were complexity, balance and elegance rather than the 'pow' of flavor you get from the regular SiB, especially a store pic.  And really not worth the price tag, IMO. 

4 hours ago, Marekv8 said:

I agree with you, and that's what I like about it.

It's very refined, while some single barrels are rough around the edges.

Agreed that it's priced too high, but no regrets on buying one.

I'm thoroughly enjoying mine.

Favorite lazy Summer “cocktail” WSR and a dash or two of orange bitters. Easy outdoor drinking while waiting for the smoker temp to stabilize so I can get 4lbs of salmon on.

D184C884-DC69-4176-8AF6-1344796770CA.jpeg

Edited by Bob_Loblaw
  • I like it 1

19 hours ago, reeko said:
On 5/4/2018 at 11:10 PM, Adam777 said:

I thought I would do some SBS comparisons with some Jim Beam products. Just having some fun about to get caught up on The Americans.

So which one did you like most? BTW, what kind of whiskey tumbler is that in the middle?

KCSiB. This one was a store pick but the regular is great too. That’s a Waterford rocks glass I got for Christmas from my mother in law. The two on the side are some tasting glasses from my tour of treaty oak distillery from outside Austin, TX.

Cheers!

Smoked some chicken earlier and cracked a WTKS that really hit the spot. Followed that up with a small pour of HW American Prairie Reserve which is really one of my favorite sub 100 proof bottles, wish they still made it. poured a 1792 BIB and it wasn't really doing it for me so I added a splash of Full Proof and now it is dialed in really well one of the more enjoyable Barton pours I can remember having. 

Thought this looked pretty cool. Yes i am well past the point of being sober...

80707722-98B2-4B8E-99D0-050075A2D887.jpeg

• I like it 3

A baby shower barbecue at a neighbors yesterday led to some Booker’s and Eagle Rare pours.

14 hours ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

Thought this looked pretty cool. Yes i am well past the point of being sober...

80707722-98B2-4B8E-99D0-050075A2D887.jpeg

Reminds me of a picture I took maybe a year or two ago (snapchat screenshot): 

256rzvk.png

nice pour of WT101 viewing the final of the world snooker championship on the tv. weather in the UK has being Great today .Life is good!

IMG_0755.JPG

I was able to get these thanks to another SB member (thanks again) just shared some with a friend while having cigars. So good

20180507_175103.jpg

• I like it 3

I had a small pour of Bib & Tucker when I got home from work this evening. After that, I had small pour of ET BIB. Hmmmmmmm. Both a little different, but both a little similar. I tried a small vatting of the two. Bingo!  The sum of the two is better than either part individually. This vatting reminds me quite a bit of Old Forester BIB from back in the day. IMHO, it's pretty darned good. Soooooooo, I combined what I had left of the two bottles. I just hope I'll have some left for the next time our local bourbon and cigar group gets together. :P

Biba! Joe

W12 to celebrate finding more W12!

1E2B112E-EA68-47BA-AFCF-5D190A19C141.jpeg

Edited by Bob_Loblaw
  • I like it 1

WSR (green label, newer bottle) tonight.

Light and refreshing.

Tasting good.

No pics.  You know what it looks like.

????

Edited by 0895
  • I like it 1

A little bit of EHTBP tonight. Hit all the right notes tonight

• I like it 1

KCSiB. This one was a store pick but the regular is great too. That’s a Waterford rocks glass I got for Christmas from my mother in law. The two on the side are some tasting glasses from my tour of treaty oak distillery from outside Austin, TX.

Cheers!
I love the regular kcsib too. It's one of my favorite barrel proofs along with rare breed. I just skip the small batch one altogether. That waterford looks nice, I'm definitely going to take a look into it.
  • I like it 1

Tonight I've been enjoying some Stagg Jr, wt101 and I think I might finish off with some 1792 fp. There's no rhyme or reason to my choices, I just love the taste lol.

OGD114 for the first time- well it definitely tastes high proof. Other than that I'm not too sure about it honestly. More research is necessary. 

Edited by Lenient

OGD 114 for me too.  I had bunkered a few when the scare was it would go away.  Good news is I didn't have to go to the store; and I'm glad they're still making it.  Tasty high rye bourbon, but you better take it slow.

• I like it 1

7 hours ago, Lenient said:

OGD114 for the first time- well it definitely tastes high proof. Other than that I'm not too sure about it honestly. More research is necessary. 

6 hours ago, PaulO said:

OGD 114 for me too.  I had bunkered a few when the scare was it would go away.  Good news is I didn't have to go to the store; and I'm glad they're still making it.  Tasty high rye bourbon, but you better take it slow.

Or you can vat the OGD114 with WSR, 1:1, and have your own "Grandpa Weller's Four Grain" (a summertime favorite!) - YUM!

Grandpa Weller's 4 Grain.jpg

• I like it 3

Lunch bourbon: Rare Breed

I really miss the years I worked in France, where wine was an encouraged and essential part of every workplace lunch. In moderation, made the rest of the day much more enjoyable :)

Edited by Kane

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.