What Bourbon Are You Enjoying (Spring 2018)

DCFan
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Just now, BigRich said:

Even you can see the error of your ways given enough time emoji6.png

Heeehee!  My errors are too numerous to count, but a blind squirrel can find an acorn every once in a while...I ain’t ready for a full change yet, though.  But, it’s looking promising.

Now having my blend of ECBP (C917) and EC23y. 

Wow, this makes a great bourbon. All the flavors of the BP with the heat toned down just a bit. The sweetness of the 23y is in the background, but at the end I get the wood and a little sweet/wood. If you have them it’s worth the blend. This one has been marinating for a month. 

9C79946E-5E3B-4F9A-BC60-C8AE5A56B34E.thumb.jpeg.9d384ec4efef65795fdf24cae33d26c5.jpeg

Was working on building some boxes for a garden for the wife, and it was hot out there today.  So cracked and ice cold one.... oops that's right...PBR ain't bourbon...I'll have the correct that issue shortly and get back to everyone.

IMG_20180511_211227.jpg

24 minutes ago, Bourserker said:

Was working on building some boxes for a garden for the wife, and it was hot out there today.  So cracked and ice cold one.... oops that's right...PBR ain't bourbon...I'll have the correct that issue shortly and get back to everyone.

IMG_20180511_211227.jpg

Alright, I'm gonna start resolving the beer "debacle" with this.

IMG_20180511_213847.jpg

We're celebrating mother's day tonight with my wife. We'll be getting some sushi soon. For now I've had some wt101 and now I'm enjoying some 1792 full proof. IMG_20180511_194432.jpeg

It's been kind of a shit week so I wanted to crack something I would really enjoy, mission accomplished.

y4mcMkxmWHoQItapoB_q5fv9_B_ZFAo0lJa0BTo2

• I like it 6

Bit of a rough evening. Needed something special. The nose as I poured this could be smelled across the room. This is seriously one of the best bourbons I've ever had.

20180511_214845-1209x1612.jpg

• I like it 4

3 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

Two weeks in a row enjoying a pour of standard 4R yellow label after years of not liking it at all.  Hmmm....

When that first came available locally; I was like I can take it or leave it.  Now, I really like it too.  I don't know if the batches with Brent Elliot on the label just got better? 

3 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

Two weeks in a row enjoying a pour of standard 4R yellow label after years of not liking it at all.  Hmmm....

What the hell is a goin' on here?

Is this a future refrigerator pour? I'm fixin' to find out this summer.

A 3:1 batch in the glass of ER10 and Stagg Jr. is very much hitting the spot. This is about the fourth or fifth time I’ve had this and I’ve loved it every time. 

1 hour ago, Clueby said:

This is seriously one of the best bourbons I've ever had.

Yes.

Yes it is!

Of the 3 different years I've tried, the 2016 blew the doors off the others.

Started the night with some 12 year age stated EC. A great whiskey.

Followed with some EHT Single Barrel. This one usually excels. Was average tonight. Going to go with my palate not being in the mood.

With my palate status in question, I took a risk and poured some George T, Stagg '14.

Oh yeah........my palate is fine. Fantastic. One of my favorite all time whiskey's and it's tasting amazing tonight. 

started with a bit of OGD114, then a bit of Rittenhouse rye--which despite disliking it at first had grown on me a little. Now some 4R yellow as I didn't want anymore 100+ proof for the time being. 

10 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

That's one of the amazing things about bourbon. I too am finding that my tastebuds are continually evolving.  What I swore I loved suddenly falls a couple of notches and what I didn't like before all of a sudden makes me sit up and say "yum". The journey never stops.

Tasting w/ a friend getting into bourbon. First five were blind (to him): BT store pick, Belle Meade, store pick, Blantons gold, OWA, RRsib. Of those 5, we both slotted Blantons gold last. I had RRsib first, Luke had OWA (he went home with the bottle). 

the best part of this is sharing your whiskey with friends. 

3EEF3D42-78C6-4B58-AFC4-649C763D9A8B.jpeg

• I like it 2

11 hours ago, Bourserker said:

Alright, I'm gonna start resolving the beer "debacle" with this.

IMG_20180511_213847.jpg

Both PBR and CEHTSmB are good choices. 

Decided to relax a bit before hitting the sack.  Hadn't poured the Larceny recently so I started with that and finished with one of my favorites, Baker's.

A4C91E49-381D-4B07-AA7A-8A562937A7B4.thumb.jpeg.370a5c61ef689a47f928b812eebf0131.jpeg

Going for my favorite 4R tonight. Had some Blanton’s and a pour of Kentucky Owl before. Great evening so far. Cheers!

Will.

• I like it 1

Final pour from last night-- this one is shaping up nicely with some air time.

IMG_9172.thumb.jpg.f6bb46dc1b4b4aa19db0ee1ee9b3ca94.jpg

• I like it 1

35 minutes ago, beasled said:

Cracked a SAOS. 8 year, 119.4 proof. Awesome stuff.

Screenshot_20180512-211423.jpg

Sweet spot with the right proof. I have one 8yr at 120 proof, it’s freaking good. Enjoy ! 

Cheers! 

Will.

3 minutes ago, Masset1982 said:

Sweet spot with the right proof. I have one 8yr at 120 proof, it’s freaking good. Enjoy ! 

Cheers! 

Will.

They're excellent, rarely had a bad one. Looks like you're having a good night :D

Cheers

• I like it 1

This makes up for all of the dull 50mL WR bottles I've consumed on Delta flights during my life. Really rich color on this one as well.

IMG_9174.thumb.jpg.dae71363b238e61cfc4291d970f26d5b.jpg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.