What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today (Spring 2018)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

2 hours ago, Jfletchgu said:

How much for the RY10. That ones on my bucket list for this year.

$60

• I like it 1

These were all 40 percent off last night while doing a grocery run.

I may have to go back and grab a few more Beam Bondeds.  Hard to beat $13 a bottle.

Untitled.jpg

Thanks to a hot tip from Gurgalunas, I went off in pursuit of some W12. I was told it was the last bottle of the case they received but the $24.99 price was better news.

• I like it 3

1 hour ago, Postal Grunt said:

Thanks to a hot tip from Gurgalunas, I went off in pursuit of some W12. I was told it was the last bottle of the case they received but the $24.99 price was better news.

Should have been there yesterday.  They started a new program where all spirits are 5% off on Tuesdays.  Not huge, but it helps with tax...

They have been working on me to buy an Appleton 21 yr rum.  Sticker is $125, but offering at $115, minus 5% on Tuesday.  I've resisted so far.  Summer may change that...

In the spirit of this thread, I've got 2x W12 lately and a RR10.  Declined another W12 because the shipment was screwed up and a headache for the LS.  Didn't want to break the case of it might have to go back for 1L instead.  Said once it was straightened out, they would set one aside for me.  

7 hours ago, alstevens said:

I may have to go back and grab a few more Beam Bondeds.  Hard to beat $13 a bottle.

Untitled.jpg

Care to share where this was?

8 hours ago, alstevens said:

Untitled.jpg

Yes, care to share where?

Road trip yesterday netted me one 4R OBSV SP, a Jefferson's Ocean 15 (the wheated; AND my only JO ever), a WR with the derby label (for sharing on Derby Day), a Cabin Still (just to try), and an OO BIB (the first one I've seen here).  I haven't tasted any of these yet.  Well, I have an open OBSV SP from another store that I bought late last year, but it is from a different barrel.  I wonder how similar they are?

• I like it 1

From my 24 hour business trip to Louisville I managed to make one trip to the Liquor Barn:

image.png.3140ba6ade45c0038e11671d1c67a506.png

The KC SiB are a 13yr PS (for $45, as compared to the $49 MSRP (when not on sale like it is now) standard version sold here in VA). For as much as I enjoy some of the LEs and harder to find bottles, the solid BiB offerings are always good and I am looking forward to trying these two out. Especially the HH BiB 6 after all of the raves it gets here.

• I like it 1

Just picked up another bottle of Stagg Jr. batch 9 at a store I had never visited.  Gonna have to keep an eye on that place now.

• I like it 1

I went back to the grocery store above that was having the "last call" 40 percent off sale.

Turns out not all the stores in the chain are doing this.  So I grabbed 3 more bottles of Beam Bonded at $13.99.

Who wants to come over for a Whiskey Sour?

1792 FP SiB UCF for the Loch & K(e)y Society and a bottle of Sagamore (Baltimore, MD) Cask Strength rye.  Woo Hoo - will ease the pain of thinking of the guys and gals at The Sampler this weekend.   ????

Saw that some stores in the area finally got some Blanton's in, so had to grab some as that seems to go fast.  Also got an OGD 114 while I was there for an upcoming hike.  

And for those who are wondering why the 375 ml size, while that's just the VA ABC's wierd pricing.  It's cheaper to buy 2 of those than one 750 ml bottle.  Oh yeah, saw some standard BT there to and thought about getting one.   As I was contemplating it a guy came in and bought the last two while I was there.  That's cool though, I was only there for the Blanton's.

IMG_20180426_145832_1.jpg

I’m on a cruise. I picked up two 1 litre bottles of Woodford Reserve for 60 bucks. I have to wait until the end of the cruise to get them, but it will be a nice value to cart home. 

I’ve been watching this pop up on the forum here and decided to get a bottle since i’’ve never had it and it’s pretty inexpensive.

First pour absolutely not loving it. Came off like a spicy hot mess. Tried to calm things down with an ice cube, but it pretty much snubbed its nose at that. 

Letting it sit for a while, but may be back soon asking what I can vat this with...

F6591658-ECC2-43C4-82E0-C792519015EA.jpeg

2 minutes ago, raymoall said:

I’ve been watching this pop up on the forum here and decided to get a bottle since i’’ve never had it and it’s pretty inexpensive.

First pour absolutely not loving it. Came off like a spicy hot mess. Tried to calm things down with an ice cube, but it pretty much snubbed its nose at that. 

Letting it sit for a while, but may be back soon asking what I can vat this with...

Can I send you an address to send it to?? :)    I love Sig100

1 hour ago, Curtis Reed said:

Can I send you an address to send it to?? :)    I love Sig100

I’ll keep you in mind, Curtis! I’ve had a number of 100 proofers I really like, but this one is not hitting me right. I’ll revisit, maybe in a week or two.

Thanks to member alstevens, I also got in on that "last call" 40% off deal. Picked up a Statesman for $31 & a Glenlivet 15 for $40. Good deal!

3 hours ago, raymoall said:

asking what I can vat this with...

Go get a whole vanilla bean, split it down the middle with a knife, and throw it in the bottle for 5-6 weeks.

Make vanilla manhattan's or drink neat.

Thank me later.

Just bought my first bottle of OGD BiB, so I'm excited.  Will be sipping it this evening.

Today I hit a local store to bs with the owner and grabbed SAOS 10 year.  While we were talking he just got his shipment of Orphan Rhetoric 24 year. 

Then went to another store and grabbed a Rebel Yell 10 year, Henry McKenna bib, Old Forrester 1870,1897, and 1920.  Been wanting to get them for some time and they were on sale $10 off each bottle.  

Edited by libourbon

WTRB the current 116 vintage, got one not long ago and its half gone. I don’t want to be without this one as its fantastic whiskey IMO so a back up was in order.

On 4/25/2018 at 10:53 AM, alstevens said:

Untitled.jpg

Jewel?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.