What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today (Spring 2018)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Stagg Jr. for $54.99. The LS 1 mile down the road had it listed at $74.99. 

F7B33C68-99DD-438A-842B-CBF9BC4FE7EC.jpeg

Edited by Statesboro Blues

Statesboro (as in NC?),

Lovely picture, but I cringe at the thought of that window pouring light on my bottles every day.  Hope you store those beauties out of direct sunlight! 

Prost! 

Didn't purchase but was gifted a couple of bottles on Friday.  This Monday is my last day, retiring after 31 years.  Was given a bottle of CEHT Small Batch and a bottle of Willet Pot Still.

• I like it 4

35 minutes ago, CardsandBourbon said:

Didn't purchase but was gifted a couple of bottles on Friday.  This Monday is my last day, retiring after 31 years.  Was given a bottle of CEHT Small Batch and a bottle of Willet Pot Still.

Congrats and try real hard to enjoy that retirement!

Not today but last week while on the Pilgrimage - 3x1liter ET bib, a Rabbit Hole (str bourbon), a WTKS, a 1792 225th Ann, a Bowman Bros smb, a C&K vodka after the tour, and a handle of OF Sig since the price was fantastic at TW and I was out at home (wanna side-by with the ET soon). 

Also grabbed a 1792 HR locally just prior to the Pilgrimage.

8 hours ago, Guss West said:

Statesboro (as in NC?),

Lovely picture, but I cringe at the thought of that window pouring light on my bottles every day.  Hope you store those beauties out of direct sunlight! 

Prost! 

There’s only one Statesboro in the entire world, and that’s Statesboro, Ga. I have a large screened in porch, so there’s no direct sunlight on the barrel, the lighting in the photo is a bit deceiving. 

• I like it 1

8 minutes ago, JoeTerp said:

Picked up the latest Abraham Bowman today at the distillery.  

Let us know what you think when you crack it open. I have been a bit disappointed with the last few Abe Bowman releases, but this one has some nice specs. I live nowhere near the distillery, and likely wouldn't have much luck finding it at the ABC store (or in the lottery). I hope you enjoy it!

Managed to find another bottle of Kentucky Owl Rye. Over paid a little bit at $140, but not sure that I will ever find another bottle of Batch 1 this far into the release.

9 hours ago, Statesboro Blues said:

Stagg Jr. for $54.99. The LS 1 mile down the road had it listed at $74.99. 

F7B33C68-99DD-438A-842B-CBF9BC4FE7EC.jpeg

Nice snag on the Stagg at that price. I actually went to Southeast Bulloch high, near Statesboro - c/0 '97. Wife went to GSU there too. Welcome to the forums.

13 hours ago, silverc said:

Let us know what you think when you crack it open. I have been a bit disappointed with the last few Abe Bowman releases, but this one has some nice specs. I live nowhere near the distillery, and likely wouldn't have much luck finding it at the ABC store (or in the lottery). I hope you enjoy it!

Probably unlikely to open for a bit as I have some stuff to work my way through.  I liked the Release 14 Wheat Bourbon but my biggest complaint was the lack of proof.  So if this is similar but a older higher proof version I expect to really enjoy it.  I know the Gingerbread Cocoa one had some mixed reactions, but I thoroughly enjoyed it (although I didn't get a bottle and only had a sample).

It’s nice when people that know Bourbon get you the good stuff as a wedding gift! 

FC0E6BB8-C99A-4C88-82BA-730352B7E860.jpeg

• I like it 6

6 hours ago, JCwhammie said:

It’s nice when people that know Bourbon get you the good stuff as a wedding gift! 

FC0E6BB8-C99A-4C88-82BA-730352B7E860.jpeg

You have good friends. 

On April 27, 2018 at 8:27 PM, Stump1998 said:

Raided the bottom shelf, love me some bottom shelf bib...

C90AC215-4BE4-4FE1-B125-400F2890C6BC.jpeg

I love the VOBBIB as well as the ET. Cabin Still is a very good 80 proofer, especially for the price. HH Green is good, and now seems more available than the BIB.

Not that I needed any more bourbon, but what good is a trip to Kentucky without picking up a few things?  ;)  Lilsweetpea and ENYAW gifted me the bottle of Bob & Tucker. I also had some help from lcpfratn. Much thanks to y'all. FWIW, at least a couple of the bottles pictured below are for others. Not the Weller's though. They're all mine. :P

Biba! Joe

samp.jpeg

• I like it 5

Picked up 10 bottles of HH6yrBIB for the air+time experiment, and to get a 10% case discount, picked up an Old Bardstown BIB and an Early Times BIB.  And while not bourbon, also grabbed a HHSS Corn Whiskey from the gift shop (aged 14 yrs, then put into a former wheat whiskey barrel another 2 yrs; 97 proof).  Not tasting as effectively as I'd like, but initial taste didn't blow me away (but was intrigued enough to buy - how often do you see really old corn whiskey?  Of course . . . maybe the free market is working just fine in that regard ;) )

• I like it 1

6 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Not that I needed any more bourbon, but what good is a trip to Kentucky without picking up a few things?  ;)  Lilsweetpea and ENYAW gifted me the bottle of Bob & Tucker. I also had some help from lcpfratn. Much thanks to y'all. FWIW, at least a couple of the bottles pictured below are for others. Not the Weller's though. They're all mine. :P

Biba! Joe

samp.jpeg

I think I would be willing to take some lead trying to rob you!!!

Well yesterday was my last day working and had a bunch of people over to the house after work.  Was gifted a 2018 Kentucky Derby poster signed by the artist and signed by Chris Morris.  That was accompanied by a bottle of WR 1L 2018 Kentucky Derby commemorative bourbon, also signed by the derby poster artist and Chris Morris.  Also received a bottle of 4R Single Barrel.  Check out the what bourbon are you drinking thread for what happened after that.

Just picked up 1.75L OF Sig and WT Rare Breed while I'm here in Louisville.  I'm coming back next month, going to be a much bigger haul then :)

3 hours ago, CardsandBourbon said:

Well yesterday was my last day working and had a bunch of people over to the house after work.  Was gifted a 2018 Kentucky Derby poster signed by the artist and signed by Chris Morris.  That was accompanied by a bottle of WR 1L 2018 Kentucky Derby commemorative bourbon, also signed by the derby poster artist and Chris Morris.  Also received a bottle of 4R Single Barrel.  Check out the what bourbon are you drinking thread for what happened after that.

Congratulations.  I retired six months ago and can definitely say retirement is indeed all it’s cracked up to be.   You will enjoy every day.   ????????????

I was able to improve my collection quite a bit thanks to  lcpfratn  who hooked me up with some stuff I can't find locally and fishnbowljoe who gave me an incredible BT wheated white dog. I can't believe it all fit in the trunk 

20180430_161228.jpg

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.