What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today (Spring 2018)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

1 hour ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Looks like you're having a good trip so far.  You meet Jodie in Louisville?

Biba! Joe

Nope...but we are having a blast. Did Beam, Four Roses & Evan today. Maker's,  Bulleit Blade & Bow & Jeptha Creed tomorrow. Will post a full review when we get home.

That's me on the right, dumping Knob Creek single barrel...

20180420_103725.jpg

• I like it 7

10 hours ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

Nope...but we are having a blast. Did Beam, Four Roses & Evan today. Maker's,  Bulleit Blade & Bow & Jeptha Creed tomorrow. Will post a full review when we get home.

20180420_103725.jpg

Now THAT^^^ is the way to experience Bourbon!!!      ...'Straight from the barrel' (apologies to the Blanton's of that name).    This person has it right!

I just bought a handle of WT101 on sale for $25.  That's the equivalent of $10.75 per 750ml.  Incredible! 

15 hours ago, Freakdog said:

Opened the HMcK and saw it had a cork:huh:  Could have sworn this used to be screw top. Or am I losing it?:unsure:

Couldn't be whiskey of the year with a screw cap...  :lol:

Opened the HMcK and saw it had a cork:huh:  Could have sworn this used to be screw top. Or am I losing it?:unsure:

This was picked up in Memphis where my cousin lives and then brought to me at a family wedding in Kansas City. Belle Mead isn’t sold where I live/work in Michigan/Indiana so I’ll be bootlegging this back home with me :D

A6312CF0-FD75-4388-99A9-BBB67ECA99DE.jpeg

• I like it 2

Two more of these. $70 each. No burn neat but much more flavor with a bit of water. 

DBB89D8C-2C5A-4261-B583-BE60AA18273F.jpeg

• I like it 2

15 hours ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

20180420_103725.jpg

If a picture is worth a 1000 words, then this is it; not to mention 2 cents, a grain of salt, etc. He!!, it could even have launched a 1000 Glencairns...

Kentucky only purchase...I dipped the bottle...after a killer sampling at MM. The person next to me gave me his samples, as did my wife, and a buddy of mine...

20180421_141756.jpg

• I like it 2

35 minutes ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

Another distillery only purchase....

20180421_141710.jpg

Trip seems to be going very well!  By my count you are already at the bottom end of your traveling capacity.  Where are you going to fit that case of HH6? :)  Good problems to have.

• I like it 1

Yesterday I overpaid for some Blanton’s Gold since I can’t get it from MoM and TWE doesn’t ship to my state.

today...haven’t been able to find anything good. I’ll have to live through the pics that get posted on here! Haha

6 hours ago, Whiskey Lullaby said:

This was picked up in Memphis where my cousin lives and then brought to me at a family wedding in Kansas City. Belle Mead isn’t sold where I live/work in Michigan/Indiana so I’ll be bootlegging this back home with me :D

A6312CF0-FD75-4388-99A9-BBB67ECA99DE.jpeg

Good call, you’re in for a treat, it’s sooo good. Enjoy! 

Will. 

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

Trip seems to be going very well!  By my count you are already at the bottom end of your traveling capacity.  Where are you going to fit that case of HH6? :)  Good problems to have.

We brought a relatively empty carry-on to check. That, and a friend of ours who lives in Kentucky is with us. I'll give her a few bottles and she'll bring them up here during football season.

ER10 and BT Store Picks... The BT was $26.99 and ER10 $39.99. $40 for a 10 year age stated hand picked single barrel? I think that’s a deal. c0778f2c2a7449eba417bf7dc3003067.jpg47a51f3e9cacd7702902c38bfb673201.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• I like it 2

I had a busy day running errands and trying to get ready for our get together in Bardstown. I did make one stop along the way. I found a little surprise there too. ETL at retail. I'm sure glad I passed on the one I found for $70.00 a couple of weeks ago. :)

Biba! Joe

etl.jpeg

• I like it 5

HToday I hit some stores I never been in.

First store I found a 1L Old Forester 100 Proof old label.  Then I saw a store with some Barrell Bourbon on the shelf. Saw 6 bottles so figured it was a case on the shelf.  While going through the bottles seeing which numbered bottles they had I found batch #10 mixed in with 5 bottles of Batch #13.  Stopped in another store that I was going to drive by until my wife  said what if they have something you need.  So I stopped in and they had SAOS 7 year batch 56 bottled 1/14/14 and signed by Sarah.  All in all was a good day.

• I like it 1

9 hours ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

Another distillery only purchase....

20180421_141710.jpg

Hey!

I got one of those this past week.

They had an open one and let me try it.

Fantastic gift shop pick!

Makes my open bottle of single barrel taste like crap.

Love visiting Barton.

They always seem to give me the red carpet treatment, even though I'm nobody, LoL

Edited by 0895
  • I like it 1

6 hours ago, 0895 said:

Hey!

I got one of those this past week.

They had an open one and let me try it.

Fantastic gift shop pick!

Makes my open bottle of single barrel taste like crap.

Love visiting Barton.

They always seem to give me the red carpet treatment, even though I'm nobody, LoL

Thanks. They were really cool, down-home and friendly at Barton. They didnt have one open, so I can't wait to get home to try it. 

Today was a good day. 4 bottles of Weller Special Reserve at $17.99/ bottle and WhistlePig for $72. 

2139277C-1D33-4B82-8B9E-92A884B117E4.jpeg

Edited by Statesboro Blues
  • I like it 1

Kentucky haul, just got back. Not pictured are a few bottles of HH BIB and Bardstown BIB. Was limited, because we flew.  

The McKenna10 & KCSB are available anywhere, but I purchased it at EW, because the Distiller was there and he signed the bottle.  The KCSB was one that I rinsed and stuck my thumb print in the wax, at the Beam distillery.  I also helped dump a barrel of the KCSB, which was pretty cool. They would've etched it too, but the choice was waiting around, or hitting up Four Roses.

The rest of the bottles were distillery-only offerings.

20180422_154510.jpg

Edited by Skinsfan1311
  • I like it 2

Kentucky haul, just got back. Not pictured are a few bottles of HH BIB and Bardstown BIB. Was limited, because we flew.  
The McKenna10 & KCSB are available anywhere, but I purchased it at EW, because the Distiller was there and he signed the bottle.  The KCSB was one that I rinsed and stuck my thumb print in the wax, at the Beam distillery.  I also helped dump a barrel of the KCSB, which was pretty cool. They would've etched it too, but the choice was waiting around, or hitting up Four Roses.
The rest of the bottles were distillery-only offerings.
20180422_154510.thumb.jpg.4388eb0f7b038c1f0ce9b587fa55cc13.jpg

What was the recipe on your 4R SB cask strength?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • I like it 1

Pretty excited about my grab today! (First day Tennesseans could buy at a liquor store on a Sunday!)  I have no idea if these autographs are rare at all but still really cool to me.  Was purchased at Caesars Wine and Liquor in Arlington, TN. (Right outside Memphis)

IMG_0112__1524435492_35533.jpg

Edited by Wlrogers
  • I like it 4

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.