What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today (Spring 2018)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Scored a bottle of RY10 for $55, RR10 for $29, and a store pick BT for $26.

Edited by rjg1701
Added prices

27 minutes ago, ENYAW said:

I was able to improve my collection quite a bit thanks to  lcpfratn  who hooked me up with some stuff I can't find locally and fishnbowljoe who gave me an incredible BT wheated white dog. I can't believe it all fit in the trunk 

20180430_161228.jpg

I was happy to help. I appreciate the rums that you and your sweet wife were able to get for me too! 

Even though I've survived ignorance, immaturity, and other self inflicted foibles to be alive at 68 YO, I don't want to be considered a senior citizen unless there's some kind of discount involved in a purchase. Today I walked into an LS looking for some HMcKBiB to fill a recently vacated spot on the shelf. After some searching on my part, the clerk pointed it out on the bottom shelf, which appeared to be some kind of sacrilege considering the many dusty bottles of novelty and NDP whiskeys on the shelves above. My guess is that the management has a different value system for bourbons than I do. Be that as it may, all was forgiven or at least overlooked when they announced that I would get the Tuesday geezer discount of 10%, negating the sting of sales taxes.  $32.93 for a 10 YO, single barrel, BiB isn't a bad price. The first pour out of the bottle convinced me that the slight detour on the way home was justified. It's fine whiskey.

• I like it 2

9 minutes ago, Achair34 said:

A very good day for my neck of the woods. 

629A76FD-8594-48AF-8822-B78B120311CB.jpeg

Was this a City or Suburb find?

I made a pass by Beach Liquors today for only the second time. What a great little store! They had 9 store select barrels that they traveled to Kentucky to grade & pick, bottled & ready to go.

They are very knowledgeable & helpful. Anne kept feeling I was missing out if I didn't get their RR Sib, but not being a WT fan, I passed. I tasted their Woodford & couldn't believe how oaky it was. I also tasted a MMPS but she said the newer one was better, but didn't have a taste of that one.

First I tasted a bourbon finished rum that she said I had to try. I am not I rum guy and definitely not neat. but WOW!!! She only had 8 bottles left and I couldn't pass it up. This stuff is special. They even submitted the first bottle to San Fran & it went gold.

rum2.jpg.01a92401d47d071eb056e0a154562639.jpg

Soooo, here is my meager take home...

takehome.thumb.jpg.5b53ca2967a98ee21d932ba858e14210.jpg

2 hours ago, JSpartan said:

2 hours ago, JSpartan said:

Rebel yell was in the city, weller was in the burbs

Virginia got a boatload of George T Stagg this week and I was able to pick one up this morning.  My first BTAC purchase as all other BTAC tasting experiences I've had were restaurant pours (and those were only a few).

IMG_4861.JPG

• I like it 8

3 minutes ago, Curtis Reed said:

Had to go back for another at that price...IMG_8292.JPG

That's a great price, I think I'd have gotten 2 as well. Odd looking cork/topper though, I've never seen that before

That's a great price, I think I'd have gotten 2 as well. Odd looking cork/topper though, I've never seen that before

Anti theft device. It was removed at POS (big box grocery store)

Because, I just can't help myself:o....

1 case of 'old batch' WTRB 375's (@ $14.99 per), and a handle of WSR for $29.99. 

Not to mention the Coal Town #3 KCSB (I helped select), and a stellar PS OESV. 

• I like it 1

Picked up a bottle of the CEHT 4 Grain.
Was lucky enough to spot the vendor bringing the case to the customer service counter as I was walking in.
Rarely do I get lucky.

I'm pretty happy with my picks today. It's been a while since I've had any whiskey. Now to figure out which one I want to open first. IMG_20180504_174842.jpeg

22 hours ago, JoeTerp said:

Virginia got a boatload of George T Stagg this week and I was able to pick one up this morning.  My first BTAC purchase as all other BTAC tasting experiences I've had were restaurant pours (and those were only a few).

IMG_4861.JPG

Glad you got one, Joe. These hit over in SW VA this week too, and I found one yesterday locally. They had two just sitting on the shelf. That was a strange but nice sight, so I picked up one for myself too. I've passed on these for $500+ before, so it was really nice to get it for $100 including tax. I hope some other SB'ers were able to get some and not all went to flippers.

IMG_3179.JPG

• I like it 1

Some single barrels.  Two store picks and two McKenna BiB

online order.jpg

• I like it 1

CEHT 4 grain, Rhetoric 24 year and a FRSB just too average the cost down.   Excited about the 4 grain as I missed out last year.    Probably will regret the Rhetoric but  pulled the trigger anyway to stay on the good side of the store manager.   

18 minutes ago, silverc said:

Glad you got one, Joe. These hit over in SW VA this week too, and I found one yesterday locally. They had two just sitting on the shelf. That was a strange but nice sight, so I picked up one for myself too. I've passed on these for $500+ before, so it was really nice to get it for $100 including tax. I hope some other SB'ers were able to get some and not all went to flippers.

IMG_3179.JPG

Good for you. Up in NoVa they definitely never hit the shelf. I don’t think ???? heard of any store having them after 10:30 the day they were delivered. 

IMG_3179.thumb.JPG.317a352a9290fa07ec060d1dad11f9e5.JPG

That's interesting. I went to Sacramento a few weeks ago and this store had one too for $600. He also has some Weller 12 and owa for $150 each. It's crazy how they price gouge. Enjoy your regularly priced one!

8 hours ago, Paddy said:

Because, I just can't help myself:o....

1 case of 'old batch' WTRB 375's (@ $14.99 per), and a handle of WSR for $29.99. 

Not to mention the Coal Town #3 KCSB (I helped select), and a stellar PS OESV. 

Nice score.  What batch/proof are the WTRB?  

2 hours ago, reeko said:

That's interesting. I went to Sacramento a few weeks ago and this store had one too for $600. He also has some Weller 12 and owa for $150 each. It's crazy how they price gouge. Enjoy your regularly priced one!

Well typically the only time I've actually seen anything near GTS's stature in liquor stores is when I have been in Maryland and see it priced at or above secondary.  But Virginia really got a ton this week (I'd have to guess around 1,000 bottles, but that's really just speculation based on almost very store in the state got 3-6 bottles delivered this week.  The one advantage to the state controlled store is that the prices on very allocated items are right at MSRP so this one was $95.19 + tax.

• I like it 1

11 minutes ago, Whiskeythink.com said:

Picked up another W12.

So nonchalant.  Ho hum.  

Meaning, I'm jealous. :)  Nice find.

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.