What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today (Spring 2018)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

12 minutes ago, lcpfratn said:

What was the recipe on your 4R SB cask strength?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

20180422_181800.jpg

• I like it 1

Just got back from Europe and a few pieces followed me home. The exchange rate is not as strong as it was last year, so these were a bit pricey. The 4R SmB Lt Ed were about $150 each, the SFTB was about $130, and the Armagnacs were about $80 each (both 20 year olds)

IMG_3157.JPG

• I like it 9

19 hours ago, Wlrogers said:

Pretty excited about my grab today! (First day Tennesseans could buy at a liquor store on a Sunday!)  I have no idea if these autographs are rare at all but still really cool to me.  Was purchased at Caesars Wine and Liquor in Arlington, TN. (Right outside Memphis)

IMG_0112__1524435492_35533.jpg

I’m actually curious about this grab. Are these bottles common?

6 minutes ago, Wlrogers said:

I’m actually curious about this grab. Are these bottles common?

Not with the actual signatures. The Russell's came through Memphis late fall (last time I know of) and signed bottles while at the retail stores. These were being signed while shoppers picked up any Turkey bottle and stood in line for the signature. In one store they signed all the Decades and other high ends on the shelf, maybe to move em? But to walk into a store and find a signed bottle on the shelf is indeed KOOL stuff.

• I like it 3

1 hour ago, FacePlant said:

Not with the actual signatures. The Russell's came through Memphis late fall (last time I know of) and signed bottles while at the retail stores. These were being signed while shoppers picked up any Turkey bottle and stood in line for the signature. In one store they signed all the Decades and other high ends on the shelf, maybe to move em? But to walk into a store and find a signed bottle on the shelf is indeed KOOL stuff.

Thanks!  I see you’re from Memphis. I just moved here for a job. Got a house in Lakeland. Are you near that area?  Caesars seems to be a phenomenal store. 

Picked up a Willett 80th, which has apparently made its way to NJ now. I’ve never had their own bourbon distillate, so I’m looking forward to it. 

19 hours ago, silverc said:

Just got back from Europe and a few pieces followed me home. The exchange rate is not as strong as it was last year, so these were a bit pricey. The 4R SmB Lt Ed were about $150 each, the SFTB was about $130, and the Armagnacs were about $80 each (both 20 year olds)

IMG_3157.JPG

Hope you don't mind me asking where you found the Four Roses Small Batch LE, as I am in the UK at the moment and would love to find a bottle.

13 minutes ago, birdie said:

Hope you don't mind me asking where you found the Four Roses Small Batch LE, as I am in the UK at the moment and would love to find a bottle.

Will PM you...

• I like it 1

Thanks!  I see you’re from Memphis. I just moved here for a job. Got a house in Lakeland. Are you near that area?  Caesars seems to be a phenomenal store. 

FacePlant and I both live in the Memphis metropolitan area, but I actually live closer to you in Eads.

I’m not a huge fan of Caesars for a number of reasons, but they do have a large selection and their prices on standard bourbon selections and barrel picks is pretty good, but you won’t get anything remotely allocated or limited edition there though without paying through the nose. I give a lot more of my business to Stellar Cellar near Kroger a few miles west of Caesars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wasn’t a “today” exactly, but... last week was my birthday, and over the course of the week as gifts from others, or from myself, I got a Stagg Jr batch 8, WT Kentucky Spirit, Weller 12, and (not bourbon) 11yr Kentucky Owl Rye. Wish all of my purchases could be so bountiful!

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, lcpfratn said:

FacePlant and I both live in the Memphis metropolitan area, but I actually live closer to you in Eads.

I’m not a huge fan of Caesars for a number of reasons, but they do have a large selection and their prices on standard bourbon selections and barrel picks is pretty good, but you won’t get anything remotely allocated or limited edition there though without paying through the nose. I give a lot more of my business to Stellar Cellar near Kroger a few miles west of Caesars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome, I will check out Stellar Cellar.  Do you guys ever meet up for drinks? I'm new to the area.  I'm coming from Dyersburg (1.5 hours North.) 

43 minutes ago, Wlrogers said:

Awesome, I will check out Stellar Cellar.  Do you guys ever meet up for drinks? I'm new to the area.  I'm coming from Dyersburg (1.5 hours North.) 

We do get together occasionally. I don't think you are able to use the PM feature yet because you haven't been very active since you joined SB. Go to the new member section and introduce yourself and get more active on SB, then we can possibly arrange a meeting (maybe lunch) sometime in the future through Private Message. 

22 minutes ago, Whiskeythink.com said:

Picked up a W12 at retail. 

What was retail? I gave about $41 plus tax Saturday. Paid in cash and forgot to get the receipt. I think it ended up at $45 or $46.

Congrats! 

1 hour ago, FasterHorses said:

What was retail? I gave about $41 plus tax Saturday. Paid in cash and forgot to get the receipt. I think it ended up at $45 or $46.

Congrats! 

On Good Friday I picked up  some W12 ...750 for $19.99 and a 1.75 for $42.99. Not sure what actually MSRP is.  I've see it everywhere from $20 to $40 claiming to be at MSRP. Doesn't count the gougers.

• I like it 2

On 4/22/2018 at 8:16 PM, silverc said:

IMG_3157.JPG

Europe sure does seem nice

On 23/04/2018 at 2:16 AM, silverc said:

IMG_3157.JPG

Hunting in Europe is not so bad, right ? Pretty sweet haul, the 2017 small batch is amazing. Enjoy! 

Will.

11 hours ago, FasterHorses said:

Congrats! 

It was $35. That seems to to be the usual gouge-free price in chicagoland, when it actually rears its head.

52 minutes ago, Whiskeythink.com said:

It was $35. That seems to to be the usual gouge-free price in chicagoland, when it actually rears its head.

I guess my guy was within MSRP range.. didnt seem like the gouger type anyway. I would love to know the explanation between the disparity of Cluebys prices and ours though. Either way I’m pretty ok with my $45.

"MSRP" for me ranges from $27 to $35 pre tax depending on who gets it in.  I have never seen it for $19.99 so that is a fantastic price Clueby.  Personally, $45-50 would be my limit.  Beyond that and there are plenty of other bourbons that suit me just fine and make the hunt no longer worthwhile for me.

MSRP for another C917,  not sure how hard they may be to find later.

ECBP.thumb.jpg.133049ca3f17d6d8f40eab7cb6d23374.jpg

Edited by Cranecreek
  • I like it 1

28 minutes ago, JGriff said:

Did alright today

FA80F589-BF32-45A6-B856-2E33D3E5FBDB.jpeg

How much for the RY10. That ones on my bucket list for this year.

Finally scored Blanton's at Total Wine for $56.99. I've seen it around for $70 a few times, but refused to pay the mark up. Glad I waited because it's good, but not mind blowing. Would not pay more than MSRP.c70c2efd19956a43d4878203e0a72a62.jpg

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

• I like it 5

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.