What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today (Spring 2018)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

1 minute ago, GeeTen said:

Uhhh, yes they do again!  My latest order of Blanton's Gold (and some random samples) are scheduled to hit Beantown next Tuesday!   :ph34r: 

Really, yesterday no, today yes.:)

8 hours ago, Mako254 said:

Caught my limit by 10:20. Two stops, OWAx2 and a distillers cut for $16.99

All three for less than $68. 

"You're killin' me Smalls!"  Enjoy my friend. :)

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

This was a nice surprise for $20. Replaced EWbib as my daily. Surprisingly complex for the price. I think I need to open up to OF

WP_20180419_18_36_18_Pro.jpg

• I like it 1

41 minutes ago, HoustonNit said:

Just saw from Fred Minnick Instagram that HMK10 was selected as best whiskey or bourbon at the SF Spirits award. Best kept secret is out.

The secret was out when I brought it to my family’s blind taste test over Christmas with 13 different bourbons and it won. :lol::P

• I like it 1

Thought I’d give the JB Distillers cut a try. I saw the Old Grandad 114 and thought it would be cool to try again bc last time I tried I was pretty new to bourbon. Prices - OGD $30.99 and JB $26.99. I also saw that Mellow Corn that a couple members were talking about recently. I passed at $13.99. Last budget bourbon of VOB 90proof didn’t suit my palate, but I may need to go back.

6862D668-E21C-46B0-854C-A95AF500B59A.jpeg

• I like it 2

46 minutes ago, CB. said:

This was a nice surprise for $20. Replaced EWbib as my daily. Surprisingly complex for the price. I think I need to open up to OF

WP_20180419_18_36_18_Pro.jpg

OF Sig is one of my favorites. Give 1920 a run if you haven’t already. 

• I like it 1

Today I visited Smooth Ambler
(a personal favorite).

Got to try their fantastic wheated "mad dog" right off the new still and picked up a 12 year single barrel (mgp sourced).  Yes, that really is cask strength @ 95.8 proof!

The new wheated mash I believe is going to be a big hit in the future.
It tastes a lot different (better?)than the old yearling and batch one of the wheated bourbon.
Truly a great group of people who care a lot about what they are doing !
IMAG3295.thumb.jpg.9b4c7df34478288c6d0146b9d41e4ce9.jpg
IMAG3302.thumb.jpg.95928cb3d6ccf8a8ae71dea09c0a2206.jpg

Did u see Sarah there??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, Golferpimp1 said:

Did u see Sarah there??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:lol:  IMHO, this so far is the front runner for post of the year. Good one Gp. 

Biba! Joe

14 hours ago, Clueby said:

Did you say hello to Sarah for us?

1 hour ago, Golferpimp1 said:

Did u see Sarah there??

1 hour ago, fishnbowljoe said:

:lol:  IMHO, this so far is the front runner for post of the year. Good one Gp. 

Biba! Joe

Lmao!

I wish.

Bottling line was off that day.

I almost asked, but somehow felt that would move me across the line from "polite enthusiast" to "weird creeper".

I quietly made sure to get a "sarah bottle" from the gift shop though.

I think Tim had it first, Joe.

Good job guys.

:)

Edited by 0895

Celebrated the opening of our new Total Wine by liberating a PS selection bottle of Boone County SB/BP

It's MGP distillate @ 12 years old and 123 proof (and change), so this is going to be superb!  :D 

• I like it 1

13 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

Just saw from Fred Minnick Instagram that HMK10 was selected as best whiskey or bourbon at the SF Spirits award. Best kept secret is out.

That sucks. Not that it was a secret, but the additional notoriety can't help. In my short enthusiast career it's jumped in price. 

Edited by CUfan99
  • I like it 1

That sucks. Not that it was a secret, but the additional notoriety can't help. In my short enthusiast career it's jumped in price. 

I’ve been getting my HH fix lately from from EC SPs and still have a few EC12 and a bottle of HMK10 from a barrel I liked stashed away. I therefore haven’t been buying HMK10. Always figured I could depend on it if I ran of EC SPs or deplete my stash. However it may not sit on the shelves anymore.

Did they recently change to a cork instead of screw cap? That would stink.
  • I like it 1

On 4/19/2018 at 4:58 AM, Masset1982 said:

FFBADDBC-F63A-4DA4-A26D-30EBD61131ED.thumb.jpeg.7fabbe9752d41e3e574cdb7ed4a9ae3c.jpeg

Not purchase today, expect the Owl and the samples which were delivered today. Now, the problem is, sneaking those into my bunker without the wife knowing. Some epic samples right there :

Booker’s Rye

2015 GTS

PHC 11th

Joseph Magnus Cigar Blend

Some Wine and Cheese store picks, WP, RR 

Old Scout SiB 11yo low proof.

Looking forward to try the Booker’s tonight.

Cheers! 

Will.

My turn to say lucky you!

Edited by El Vino
  • I like it 1

I got a bottle of HM10 and OGD BiB. I spoke with the manager who does all the store picks. He just got back from 4R a month+ ago. He got to try 12 barrels and ended up picking 2. He also got an additional barrel of OBSV to be barrelled at 100 Proof. I told him I had heard (I read it on one of the threads here, but I don’t remember which one) 4R requires stores to now buy a barrel of OBSV at 100 Proof in order to get a barrel at barrel proof. He told me this is not correct. He said they offered him the 100 so he jumped on it. 

• I like it 2

50 minutes ago, JCwhammie said:

I got a bottle of HM10 and OGD BiB. I spoke with the manager who does all the store picks. He just got back from 4R a month+ ago. He got to try 12 barrels and ended up picking 2. He also got an additional barrel of OBSV to be barrelled at 100 Proof. I told him I had heard (I read it on one of the threads here, but I don’t remember which one) 4R requires stores to now buy a barrel of OBSV at 100 Proof in order to get a barrel at barrel proof. He told me this is not correct. He said they offered him the 100 so he jumped on it. 

Keep me in the loop on this one JC!

Good haul this week... a couple of ECBP (C917), one EC Small Batch in the old style bottle and a couple of Knob Creek Single Barrel store picks.  :)EC-KC.thumb.JPG.084a64fa8a8a48e997357861780d7e79.JPG

Edited by MyBrainOnWhiskey

1 minute ago, MyBrainOnWhiskey said:

Good haul this week... a couple of ECBS (C917), one EC Small Batch in the old style bottle and a couple of Knob Creek Single Barrel store picks.  :)EC-KC.thumb.JPG.084a64fa8a8a48e997357861780d7e79.JPG

It looks like you've got into that EC already. Is it NAS, and how is it? I passed one up and it's on my lonely mind.

4 hours ago, El Vino said:

My turn to say lucky you!

Well played ;-) 

Cheers! 

Will. 

• I like it 1

Stopped at my Blanton's hookup LS, hoping to replace an empty and was told that a case had just come in about an hour before. Texted one of my customers & ask if he was interested, soooo...

Picked up a 2fer for $120 + tax. My customer is supposed to grab me a LS SS 4RSiB in Ocean Springs this weekend. Great Friday after a crappy work week...

Here's mine, dropped his off already...

20180420_152447.thumb.jpg.2111fecd78de5ffd082b18526b92dbf6.jpg

• I like it 1

18 hours ago, 0895 said:

Lmao!

I wish.

Bottling line was off that day.

I almost asked, but somehow felt that would move me across the line from "polite enthusiast" to "weird creeper".

I quietly made sure to get a "sarah bottle" from the gift shop though.

I think Tim had it first, Joe.

Good job guys.

:)

Yeah...hey...where's my nomination? :P

Picked up a 4RSB private selection OBSQ. Will give it a spin and maybe go back for more. Also my staple OGD 114 and a HMcK10.

Opened the HMcK and saw it had a cork:huh:  Could have sworn this used to be screw top. Or am I losing it?:unsure:

Picked up a 4RSB private selection OBSQ. Will give it a spin and maybe go back for more. Also my staple OGD 114 and a HMcK10.

Opened the HMcK and saw it had a cork:huh:  Could have sworn this used to be screw top. Or am I losing it?:unsure:

You’re right use to have a screw cap that stinks.

54 minutes ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

20180420_184020.jpg

Looks like you're having a good trip so far.  You meet Jodie in Louisville?

Biba! Joe

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.