What Bourbon Did You Pass Up Today (Spring 2018)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

11 hours ago, 0895 said:

No clue.

I was surprised to see it in MO.

Wish I could have brought it home.

I'm assuming it was a special gift from the distributor/rep, because I've heard nothing about it anywhere else in town.

You’re not missing out on anything unless you just want the bottle for display purposes. The liquid is subpar, certainly not worthy of any LE status 

32 minutes ago, Whiskeythink.com said:

Thats funny...I read your post after posting on another thread about one BT store pic a buddy bought that I thought was not very good. One guess where it came from...

Now that is funny.  :P 

Biba! Joe

17 hours ago, CUfan99 said:

WSR and Eagle Rare in a lottery? Dude, I’m sorry!

Baby Saz and ER too? Wow, just wow.

7 hours ago, BottledInBond said:

You’re not missing out on anything unless you just want the bottle for display purposes. The liquid is subpar, certainly not worthy of any LE status 

Yeah, I've tried it in KY at a bar.  I found it to taste pretty awful.  I think the label on the bottle and tube is cool as heck. :)

I might've bit at that price, but I'm not paying the dumbass black market prices for that bottle.

1 hour ago, Jfletchgu said:

Passed on some decently priced Orphan Barrel bottles

Are you traveling?

This looks familiar...

2 hours ago, Jfletchgu said:

Passed on some decently priced Orphan Barrel bottles20180401_151341.thumb.jpg.02922b5bbb707cc0b39f2ebcd0b99c4b.jpg

I like Barterhouse but so far haven't had to pay over $75.

46 minutes ago, 0895 said:

Are you traveling?

This looks familiar...

I am. Visiting family in central Illinois.

• I like it 1

4 hours ago, Jfletchgu said:

Passed on some decently priced Orphan Barrel bottles20180401_151341.thumb.jpg.02922b5bbb707cc0b39f2ebcd0b99c4b.jpg

Pretty good prices on the Japanese malts there compared to the current market

2 hours ago, Clueby said:

I like Barterhouse but so far haven't had to pay over $75.

$75 is a pretty good price.  When I see it in my area, it is usually around $80.

W12 for $129.99
OWA for $99.99
WSR for $79.99

yikes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 3/26/2018 at 1:24 PM, Mako254 said:

Ooohhh!

the first label. That is 2014 juice so it most likely went into the barrel at 110. 

The  RRsib that got me hooked on that line was a rando old label in run of the mill mom and pop joint. I’d take a chance on that one. 

is there anything different about the old label small batch version? I ran across a few bottles at my local LS today for $34.99

21 hours ago, Curtis Reed said:

is there anything different about the old label small batch version? I ran across a few bottles at my local LS today for $34.99

WT barrel entry proof was raised a couple points by ER around 2005/6. The latest RB is 116 up from the previous 112 which may or may not be related, 108 was the version prior to that. IMO the current 116 RB is outstanding whiskey, one of the best available on the shelves at the moment. A new label SBS with an old label RR could be a fun tasting but be aware that the proof change preceded slightly the label change. GBS did a RR barrel where Eddie told us he increased the barrel entry proof and our barrels were split pre and post change, the delivered bottles were the old style label. We picked pre (lower entry proof) as those just happened to taste better but that's a VERY small sample size from which to draw any meaningful conclusion regarding entry proof and final product. Had we chosen a higher entry proof barrel it still would have been delivered with the old style label. If whats on your shelves is 2014 vintage it would predate the entry proof increase.

• I like it 1

I passed on these bargains today. They also had CEHT Seasoned Wood for $400 and KY Owl Rye for $150.

20180403_181144-1209x1612.jpg

• I like it 1

Weller Special Reserve $89

Stagg Jr. $89

The same LS had Rittenhouse Rye for $24 which I did buy.  Funny enough other LS in town that did have Rittenhouse had it for around $28!

19 hours ago, Clueby said:

I passed on these bargains today. They also had CEHT Seasoned Wood for $400 and KY Owl Rye for $150.

20180403_181144-1209x1612.jpg

Geez that’s disheartening. How’s much was the parkers heritage below?

1 hour ago, Adam777 said:

Geez that’s disheartening. How’s much was the parkers heritage below?

I think it is the #8 Wheat Whiskey and I think it was $400.  They also have (have had for a looong time) an EC12 with the age on back for $90 and an EC12 with the red 12 on front for $100.  The JPS16 below the W12 is priced at $199..which is what the retail price is. 

59 minutes ago, Clueby said:

I think it is the #8 Wheat Whiskey and I think it was $400.  They also have (have had for a looong time) an EC12 with the age on back for $90 and an EC12 with the red 12 on front for $100.  The JPS16 below the W12 is priced at $199..which is what the retail price is. 

Actually the PHC8 is $600. Just looked at another pic.

RR Old Label Small Batch
GTS - $899.99
VW 12 yr - $899.99
cb21d1260394df148ffb475edd378ba6.jpg619156c17ac7aaddcc07a5843f2d9318.jpg34c67ac5663c7aa90c32fedc191a1c8f.jpg

2 hours ago, Curtis Reed said:

RR Old Label Small Batch
GTS - $899.99
VW 12 yr - $899.99
cb21d1260394df148ffb475edd378ba6.jpg619156c17ac7aaddcc07a5843f2d9318.jpg34c67ac5663c7aa90c32fedc191a1c8f.jpg

I think that's a new high for VW12...possibly GTS as well. SMH. They have it. We don't. I guess they can choose to put any price they want on it.

I passed up four 1792 Ridgemont Reserves with 8 year age statement. Perhaps I may go back and buy one to try it out this weekend.

Left an ECBP on the shelf last weekend. At retail. It seems to be a little more prevalent now. 

I still think it's a great deal at retail. 

10 hours ago, Clueby said:

I think that's a new high for VW12...possibly GTS as well. SMH. They have it. We don't. I guess they can choose to put any price they want on it.

I’ve seen VW12 for $1,000. Ridiculous. 

14 hours ago, Theiano said:

I passed up four 1792 Ridgemont Reserves with 8 year age statement. Perhaps I may go back and buy one to try it out this weekend.

Grab me one too.

:)

• I like it 1

Well, I'm off work for a few days. [emoji4] Today, I ran a couple of errands and picked up some groceries. Of course while out and about, I had to stop at the liquor store. Well, four of 'em to be exact. :huh: I saw a number of things that were tempting, but I passed on everything. Yeah, I know. <_>  
When I was done, I texted my wife to let her know that I was home. She asked me what I bought. (FWIW, I knew she meant bourbon.) I told her I didn't even buy one bottle. She texted me back. "Who are you?!?" :lol: Four stores, lot's of good stuff, some at decent prices and zero bottles. I reckon that kinda says it all. :unsure:

Biba! Joe

Date night say “Bourbon Zen...”

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.