What Bourbon Did You Pass Up Today (Spring 2018)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Passed up a 750 mL of W12 for $69.  Apparently the W12 price gouging has even hit some Texas stores now.

10 hours ago, NDN98 said:

Passed up a 750 mL of W12 for $69.  Apparently the W12 price gouging has even hit some Texas stores now.

Interesting. This is purely from my own observation, but I think W12 has become significantly more available in the last 18 months than it was in the 3 years previous. Prices should be coming down with availability but don’t seem to be.  I chased it for 5 years and barely heard rumors of it in Maryland. I’ve seen it a number of times now. Sometimes at inflated prices, sure, but now that I’ve got a few bottles I’ve stopped chasing. It also seems to show up in the What Have You Purchased threads and in multiple states. As I mentioned and counter to my experience is that secondary prices have increased over that time from $75 a bottle to $100-110. Stupid as it seems, there was a spike in prices with the bottle change, just proving that the secondary market is driven by collecting not drinking. Rereading my post I guess my point is I’m confused by the price increase in the face of better availability. Unless I’m wrong about the availability and just got lucky on my own to find a few bottles. 

• I like it 2

Passed on Peerless Rye the last few days for anywhere from $99.99 - $119.99. I might be missing out on some very good whiskey, but I can't get myself to even consider buying anything that proudly states it's 24 months old yet has the balls to ask for that kind of money.

• I like it 4

I also passed on the urge to commit a felony and swipe a few cases of this while at BT on Friday

P1100899.JPG

• I like it 8

2 hours ago, Vosgar said:

I also passed on the urge to commit a felony and swipe a few cases of this while at BT on Friday

P1100899.JPG

It's tempting, isn't it.  Especially after watching the Blanton's bottling line operate.

3 hours ago, Vosgar said:

P1100899.JPG

We saw them bottling those on Thursday afternoon. Just missed you by a day!

• I like it 1

Passed on a Blantons for $58, mostly because I've been spending too much lately and I have an unopened btl ready to go.

I’m at a complete loss. Great deal there. Should have snagged it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Pthorpe84 said:

I’m at a complete loss. Great deal there. Should have snagged it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm pretty much in the same boat as Billy Reis.  I regularly pass on Blanton's in the $54-$65 range.  Its available often enough where I feel no need to bunker and I have a full bottle right now.

• I like it 1

On April 8, 2018 at 3:39 PM, Vosgar said:

P1100899.JPG

22 hours ago, gurgalunas said:

It's tempting, isn't it.  Especially after watching the Blanton's bottling line operate.

21 hours ago, flahute said:

We saw them bottling those on Thursday afternoon. Just missed you by a day!

It was kinda fun thinking about making up some some kind of official looking tag and putting it in the front windshield of my new bourbon mobile. Then act like we owned the place and drive up and  snag a few cases. Alas, seeing all the security cameras put the kibosh on that pretty quick. :P

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

I'm pretty much in the same boat as Billy Reis.  I regularly pass on Blanton's in the $54-$65 range.  Its available often enough where I feel no need to bunker and I have a full bottle right now.

I wish we had the same here. Seems like it has been easier to get OWA vs the Blantons. When I find it at retail I try to buy. I have an easier time getting the Gold from Europe than the regular Blantons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here in northern Illinois, the low end for Blanton's seems to be around $65.00-$$72.00. That's why I jumped on one down in KY this past weekend for $60.00. ^_^

Biba! Joe

• I like it 2

On 4/8/2018 at 4:39 PM, Vosgar said:

P1100899.JPG

OMG - be still my beating heart!!!!   :wub:

4 hours ago, Clueby said:

Same on the west side of the state.  Seems to make a monthly appearance and is available for 3-4 days each time.  I've got 3 on the shelf and so haven't bought one in quite awhile.  Lots of good bourbon to enjoy, and, while I really like Blanton's, I know it.  I reach for other bottles more often.

• I like it 1

Yes I concur with many of you about the availability of Blantons, I have little trouble finding it but can't find a Weller 107 or 12yr if my life depended on it. 

• I like it 1

ECBP A117 for $51. 

Great bottle, great price but I’ve got a leas on some purchases right now that I am saving for. 

19 minutes ago, Mako254 said:

ECBP A117 for $51. 

Great bottle, great price but I’ve got a leas on some purchases right now that I am saving for. 

That batch was my least favorite ECBP batch so far.

Not bourbon…

Surprised to actually see this on a shelf, but passed nevertheless.

IMG_9001.thumb.jpg.e558bd1ff763de8372dfa9fb25f4ea5b.jpg

Not bourbon…

Surprised to actually see this on a shelf, but passed nevertheless.

IMG_9001.thumb.jpg.e558bd1ff763de8372dfa9fb25f4ea5b.jpg

I don’t think I could have passed at that price. Now, the one to the left is a pass at half the price.

2 hours ago, lcpfratn said:

I don’t think I could have passed at that price. Now, the one to the left is a pass at half the price.

Great price. 

• I like it 1

50 minutes ago, Bourbinvestor said:

Great price. 

Look at the price of that Blantons! Where is this place?

Edited by FasterHorses
Spelling

43 minutes ago, FasterHorses said:

Look at the price of that Blantons! Where is this place?

There’s a reason it’s gone! :o

7 hours ago, lcpfratn said:

Yeah that's a great price.  I saw a few on Friday for $120 and $130. The one I bought back in November was $80 before tax..$90 after.

Excited to see an ECBP C917 on the shelf, but left it on the shelf for $74.99... Other prices weren't bad, Standard EC 94° was $29

41 minutes ago, JTaylor said:

Excited to see an ECBP C917 on the shelf, but left it on the shelf for $74.99... Other prices weren't bad, Standard EC 94° was $29

That's not terrible pricing.  I've paid between $55 and $75.  Most seem to be in that $68.99 range.  The last ones I've seen have been $100 though.

50 minutes ago, JTaylor said:

I wouldn't be excited to pay $75 either but that's the going rate for Bookers and I'd argue that ECBP is a superior bourbon. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.