What Bourbon Did You Pass Up Today (Spring 2018)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

13 hours ago, BottledInBond said:

In the past HHBIB was distributed to other states. Here in MN we used to get HHBIB8  and I drank copious amounts of it as my go to pour for years. No mas though, and I don’t think I can help much with dating that particular bottling you came across besides saying that it isn’t current

Thanks for the info.. Is it similar in taste to the HHBIB6? I’ll prob go back and grab this sucker and an old OF as well. 

8 hours ago, Paddy said:

^^^^Now that's what a real liquor store shelf should look like!  No boutique bullshit, just molasses in a bottle! 

It's not HH BIB, but the long gone (but not forgotten) OHH BIB (4 yr).  At one time, there was even a VROHH BIB (Very Rare Old 10 yr).

You sir, have struck onto a dusty bit of what once was, but is no longer. 

I hope you picked one up...:ph34r: 

I’ve seen this for months..when I go back it’ll probably be gone after all these years now that I have FOMO.  Im gonna try to talk myself into both of those. 

Not bourbon but, at a bar last night, I passed on a one oz. pour of Booker's rye for $175.  Always wanted to taste it but not that much...

1 hour ago, fosmith said:

Not bourbon but, at a bar last night, I passed on a one oz. pour of Booker's rye for $175.  Always wanted to taste it but not that much...

!!! A-Dollar-Seventy-Five!!!???      ??? For any batch of Booker's???      Hell, man that's a STEAL!!!     Ya' shoulda jumped all over that!

• I like it 1

They also had ORVW25 for $600.00 for a one oz. pour.  Passed on that too...

In NYC, I walked into a store that had 5 bottles of GTS, 2 Handy, and 2 WLW. All of them were listed at $800 +.  Crazy prices.

34 minutes ago, Daveheelga said:

In NYC, I walked into a store that had 5 bottles of GTS, 2 Handy, and 2 WLW. All of them were listed at $800 +.  Crazy prices.

It's New York City, son!   :wacko:

10 hours ago, Richnimrod said:

!!! A-Dollar-Seventy-Five!!!???      ??? For any batch of Booker's???      Hell, man that's a STEAL!!!     Ya' shoulda jumped all over that!

I'd still pass. :)

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, Daveheelga said:

well that's why you were able to find them.

Almost missed this bottom shelf dweller. WSR 1.75 for $29. Passed because I have one open and I'm not crazy about it. 97d44e8c17e1daecd635535710aa2567.jpg

Debating between RRSB store pick, Noah's Mill or Pikesville rye currently....

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

• I like it 1

2 minutes ago, newmennium said:

Almost missed this bottom shelf dweller. WSR 1.75 for $29. Passed because I have one open and I'm not crazy about it. 97d44e8c17e1daecd635535710aa2567.jpg

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Right where it belongs.. bottom shelf

Right where it belongs.. bottom shelf

Maybe so, but that’s still an incredible price for a handle of WSR! The lowest price I’ve seen in several years in west TN is $34.99 plus tax!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, lcpfratn said:

Maybe so, but that’s still an incredible price for a handle of WSR! The lowest price I’ve seen in several years in west TN is $34.99 plus tax!

Yes it is a great price and I love all of the other Weller offerings,  that one just does nothing for me.. i wish theyd increase the proof or increase the age or both. So much potential. 

• I like it 1

Yes it is a great price and I love all of the other Weller offerings,  that one just does nothing for me.. i wish theyd increase the proof or increase the age or both. So much potential. 

That's why they make OWA and W12. I actually do believe the more recent bottles of WSR are getting a bit more age on them. The one I opened a few weeks ago was actually pretty good. Having said that, my main use for WSR is to make one of my favorite blends...Grandpa Weller's 4 Grain (WSR 60:40 OGD114). If you've never tried it, I'll bring you some this week.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• I like it 2

Two "bourbon dudes" bunkering up, clearing the shelf of TX Blended Whiskey for $34.99 while on the shelf below sits a half-dozen age stated bottles of Fighting Cock at $16.99. Still passed, but at least I know where to find 'em.

• I like it 2

On 4/20/2018 at 4:03 PM, FasterHorses said:

enhance

HHBIB 23$...How old is this bottle. Also thought BIB was KY only...this is in TN. 

Check the back label.  Maybe it says distilled at DSP 31?  Distilled at DSP 1, bottled at DSP 31 are the more modern or current ones.

11 hours ago, lcpfratn said:

Having said that, my main use for WSR is to make one of my favorite blends...Grandpa Weller's 4 Grain (WSR 60:40 OGD114).

This sounds good, gonna give this a go!

• I like it 1

Ummm... ER for $89? I told them there was probably some confusion somewhere, but they said nope. I may have momentarily caught a glimpse of our dystopian future through a disturbance in spacetime there.

• I like it 1

Ummm... ER for $89? I told them there was probably some confusion somewhere, but they said nope. I may have momentarily caught a glimpse of our dystopian future through a disturbance in spacetime there.

That’s just ridiculous. Is ER that hard to find in your area? The store picks have dried up in our area, but standard ER is still on the shelves in most stores for around $30.

1 hour ago, lcpfratn said:

That’s just ridiculous. Is ER that hard to find in your area? The store picks have dried up in our area, but standard ER is still on the shelves in most stores for around $30.

$27.99 OTD all day @ Wegman's in Boston.   :P

$89 for ER is criminal. I passed on the new Longbranch and Rare Breed today. Both great prices I just need to drink up some stock first and do not think they will run out anytime soon.  

• I like it 1

Passed on KO rye for $180 (!) & ECBP c917 (6 of 'em sitting on the shelf, $65, but I have way too many ECBP!). It was a small shop I had never been to with lotsa ecpensive wines. But found a W12 elsewhere at retail.

Eagle rare always seems plentiful in chicagoland. But it is called eagle RARE...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.