What Bourbon Did You Pass Up Today (Spring 2018)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Saw Blanton's in a store today for $80. No thanks. Said the same to a Bourye for $99.99. 

• I like it 1

My local cigar bar that I patronize did a Blanton’s barrel pick. They want $99.99 a bottle. No thanks. 

1792FP for $42.99.  Yes, I can say no.????

Edited by Paddy

Weller Special Reserve for $23.  I have an open bottle that never seems to call my name and too many other good bourbons in the bunker.  Had it been OWA, I wouldn't have hesitated...

I'm not a big fan, so I left it there. That's a darn good price for WRDO, though. The standard WR was the same price. 

20180504_124119.jpg

Passed on this decanter in Asheville, NC. 

733C1211-6CB0-4B10-8476-564B33E657D9.jpeg

9 hours ago, JCwhammie said:

I'm not a big fan, so I left it there. That's a darn good price for WRDO, though. The standard WR was the same price. 

20180504_124119.jpg

At that price, I would have bought all 4 of them. 

• I like it 1

Passed on RY 10 year for $59.99.

Nothing wrong with the price, just been there done that and don't necessarily care about doing it again.

I scored Blanton's for $59 last week, and I'm not sure it's even worth that. I'll give time to oxidize...

My local cigar bar that I patronize did a Blanton’s barrel pick. They want $99.99 a bottle. No thanks. 

1 hour ago, 0895 said:

Nothing wrong with the price, just been there done that and don't necessarily care about doing it again.

I passed on several friday, just sitting there on the shelf. Im debating whether to bite. I had several pours from a batch 1 bottle that was not impressive, but it is a SB...

2 hours ago, 0895 said:

I am with you on this. Bought two bottles last year. It’s good not great and with one bottle down I am not terribly interested in opening the other or obtaining a new one for the bunker. 

49 minutes ago, Achair34 said:

$65!?!?  No thanks!

42B3EBF7-6344-43CF-A441-CC6DFF90AF87.jpeg

You should have peeled the top price sticker off to see what the other price was. ????

I think I'd honestly take the pot still instead...????

Edited by 0895

7 minutes ago, 0895 said:

You should have peeled the top price sticker off to see what the other price was. ????

I think I'd honestly take the pot still instead...????

I did. It was a tag for weller 107 at the exact same price. 

• I like it 1

I love some ‘Turkey but not this much. 

Also FRsmbLE ‘17 for $359

Bookers Rye for $999

ECBP for $169

a full line of BTAC and PVW w/o a displayed price. 

C721DE7C-39DF-4D0D-8BE7-8701A3623FC1.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Mako254 said:

I love some ‘Turkey but not this much. 

Also FRsmbLE ‘17 for $359

Bookers Rye for $999

ECBP for $169

a full line of BTAC and PVW w/o a displayed price. 

C721DE7C-39DF-4D0D-8BE7-8701A3623FC1.jpeg

Interesting that the Master's Keep Decades is that expensive.  Our local stores have been offering it for $69-79 lately, although Total Wine is still charging $129.

On 5/6/2018 at 12:43 PM, Bob_Loblaw said:

I am with you on this. Bought two bottles last year. It’s good not great and with one bottle down I am not terribly interested in opening the other or obtaining a new one for the bunker. 

Count me in the non-fan group for RY10.  I have tried 2 different bottles from 2 different barrels and it doesn't agree with my palate.

Edited by NDN98

10 hours ago, NDN98 said:

Interesting that the Master's Keep Decades is that expensive.  Our local stores have been offering it for $69-79 lately, although Total Wine is still charging $129.

I’d be all over Decades at $80. 

• I like it 3

17 hours ago, Achair34 said:

I have an "internal rule" where I won't spend over $20 for WSR, $30 for OWA ($40 if its a store pick), and $50 for W12.  My last purchase of OWA was $25 I think and W12 was $20.

• I like it 1

Actually passed on some WSR tonight for $16.49. Also passed on ER10 for $30. Was tempted by Jefferson's Ocean wheated but $75 seems a tad high.

12 minutes ago, Clueby said:

Actually passed on some WSR tonight for $16.49. Also passed on ER10 for $30. 

“You’re killin’ me Smalls!”  ????

Biba! Joe

On 5/7/2018 at 8:18 PM, Achair34 said:

On 5/8/2018 at 2:02 PM, Clueby said:

I have an "internal rule" where I won't spend over $20 for WSR, $30 for OWA ($40 if its a store pick), and $50 for W12.  My last purchase of OWA was $25 I think and W12 was $20.

Things  are getting out of hand. I just saw Weller special reserve and Weller antique for $200 each!!!!!!

• I like it 1

19 minutes ago, Achair34 said:

Things  are getting out of hand. I just saw Weller special reserve and Weller antique for $200 each!!!!!!

There are BTAC and Van Winkle bottles I wouldn’t pay $200 for. Much less WSR

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.