What Bourbon Are You Enjoying (summer 2018)

Mako254
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Based on your comments, next time I see the BIB I will pick one up! I did not like very old Barton, but never tried the BIB.

Picked up a bottle of Old Forrester 1920 Prohibition style and had my first pour of it tonight. It was very good. Is this a one time release or will this 1920 Prohibition be around for a while?

7 hours ago, foppa78 said:

Picked up a bottle of Old Forrester 1920 Prohibition style and had my first pour of it tonight. It was very good. Is this a one time release or will this 1920 Prohibition be around for a while?

Good bourbon.  It has been around for a couple of years and is not a one time releases.  It is part of Old Forester's Whiskey Row series, which includes the 1870 and 1897.  The 1920 is the best of the series, in my opinion.

• I like it 1

7 hours ago, NDN98 said:

Good bourbon.  It has been around for a couple of years and is not a one time releases.  It is part of Old Forester's Whiskey Row series, which includes the 1870 and 1897.  The 1920 is the best of the series, in my opinion.

Good to know. Thank you

I’ve pretty much given up on finding some Weller 12 (it’s been well over 2 years now) to go along with the OWA I’ve been hanging onto for the SB blend I fell in love with. Decided to see how I could use my OWA in a different way.

So, I went back to a vatting recipe I copied and pasted that included OWA, FRYL and WTRB...and mixed up a small batch in an empty RHF bottle and let it set for a few days.

Very nice! Smooth and rich with a lot going on in terms of flavor. Kudos to the blender...just copied the recipe, so don’t know who to thank.

0D5C947E-D4A1-440C-96B9-558F57104446.jpeg

• I like it 1

Decided to have a pour of W12 tonight...always hits the spot even though I don’t drink it that often.

• I like it 3

On 9/4/2018 at 10:00 PM, 0895 said:

Oak, rye spice, burn, and a delicate kiss of mint at the end. 

Religion in a bottle!

Can I get an “Amen” from the cult?

:)

A42C1B5E-2975-421D-B481-DA1A4F729572.jpeg

Amen brutha, as for me I love the Fs both B and E. On topic, the current WTRB 116 continues to impress. From the first pour to nearing the last of the bottle.I like it both neat and with a bit of water, I always come away from a pour of this completely satisfied, a fantastic bourbon.

• I like it 1

I've been extremely busy lately. Today's the first time in quite a while that I've had nothing going on when I got home from work. So I figured an impromptu, old bottle/label pour or two of "Joe's Weller Blend"  was in order.  :P Ahhhhhhhhh. That's the ticket. ^_^

Biba! Joe

wb1.jpeg

• I like it 1

WSR except like an idiot I accidentally dropped a spicy pickle chip in it while trying to prepare dinner. It's not half bad, but not dying to do it again.

IMG_20180906_212949.jpg

• I like it 1

12 hours ago, Kane said:

WSR except like an idiot I accidentally dropped a spicy pickle chip in it while trying to prepare dinner. It's not half bad, but not dying to do it again.

IMG_20180906_212949.jpg

At first, I thought it was on purpose.  New cocktail idea?

• I like it 1

12 hours ago, Kane said:

IMG_20180906_212949.jpg

Who needs Bulleitt Rye when you can just drop a pickle disk in a 90 proofer you already have on your shelf?

• I like it 3

21 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

I've been extremely busy lately. Today's the first time in quite a while that I've had nothing going on when I got home from work. So I figured an impromptu, old bottle/label pour or two of "Joe's Weller Blend"  was in order.  :P Ahhhhhhhhh. That's the ticket. ^_^

Biba! Joe

wb1.jpeg

Hmmm- is that a James Bond or PeeWee Herman bobblehead?

5 hours ago, PhantomLamb said:

At first, I thought it was on purpose.  New cocktail idea?

Though I only very rarely am in the mood... when I make a martini, I'll occasionally put in about a half-teaspoon on dill pickle juice (Claussen's). 

...And, my Bloody Marys nearly always have a full teaspoon of dill pickle juice in 'em, or even a little more, especially if it's a 'tall' one.

To each his/her own, of course; but, for me it adds a little extra dimension.     Of course I'm widely regarded as strange, as well as being apparently persistently salt-deficient.

• I like it 1

51 minutes ago, Richnimrod said:

Though I only very rarely am in the mood... when I make a martini, I'll occasionally put in about a half-teaspoon on dill pickle juice (Claussen's). 

...And, my Bloody Marys nearly always have a full teaspoon of dill pickle juice in 'em, or even a little more, especially if it's a 'tall' one.

To each his/her own, of course; but, for me it adds a little extra dimension.     Of course I'm widely regarded as strange, as well as being apparently persistently salt-deficient.

Love me some bloody marys but never thought about adding pickle juice.  there is always a jar of those in the fridge so I'll give it a try in the morning.

FWIW I only use bourbon in my bloody marys with OGD114 being preferred offering

9 hours ago, Masset1982 said:

Watching soccer with some Stagg from 2014, cheers! 

Will. 

6 hours ago, beasled said:

Wild Turkey 8 101. Tasty.

Our friends across the pond, they know how to do up right, don't they?  Nice choices guys.

• I like it 1

14 hours ago, JCwhammie said:

Who needs Bulleitt Rye when you can just drop a pickle disk in a 90 proofer you already have on your shelf?

Dill-ly dill-ly!!  

• I like it 1

3 hours ago, Kepler said:

Our friends across the pond, they know how to do up right, don't they?  Nice choices guys.

We do ok!

• I like it 2

Last night I enjoyed pours from two bottles with, profiles  that are 180 degrees apart. 

ECBP 139.4 & RY10.

For me, this RY10 has it all.  Excellent viscosity (especially @ 100 proof), balance that wheated bourbons usually don't achieve and a myriad of flavor notes to look for & enjoy. 

As for the ECBP, you better have your big Bourbon pants on when you pour from this bottle.  Every time I pour from this bottle, I find a new reason to enjoy the pour & be impressed. 

It is a huge Bourbon and deserves all of the accolades. 

• I like it 4

1 hour ago, IROQUOIS said:

My favorite so far from 2018 is ECBP 130.6 proof  Batch #A118.

I haven't tried any of the 2018 ECBP batches. But, I have heard the A118 is a keeper. 

Cheers

48 minutes ago, Wedelstaedt said:

I haven't tried any of the 2018 ECBP batches. But, I have heard the A118 is a keeper. 

Cheers

I managed to get 2 bottles so far, but I won't be keeping them....going to drink them:)

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.