What Bourbon Are You Enjoying (summer 2018)

Mako254
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

15 minutes ago, Clueby said:

A healthy pour of Early Times BIB. This stuff punches WAY above its weight class.

I agree.  Well worth the $23/liter, considering OF100p is about that much (or a little more) for a 750ml.

5 hours ago, kcgumbohead said:

The couple next to me ordered a Bib And Tucker the gentleman actually asked for it, not as a pick off the menu. I wonder what his impressions were?

Vitamins.

On 8/21/2018 at 11:35 PM, flahute said:

Vitamins.

That would have been a step up compared to my impressions of it.

May not be the place to post because of that word "enjoying" in the title. Still, a while back I gave my first impression of Basil Hayden 2 X 2. Violated my rule about not jumping to conclusions until I have sampled at least a half bottle. Well, am now down to 1/4 left. Bottom line: I still don't like it.

3 hours ago, Flyfish said:

May not be the place to post because of that word "enjoying" in the title. Still, a while back I gave my first impression of Basil Hayden 2 X 2. Violated my rule about not jumping to conclusions until I have sampled at least a half bottle. Well, am now down to 1/4 left. Bottom line: I still don't like it.

Yet you soldier on and force it down!    Good for you taking one (many?) for the team, Flyfish!    I for one appreciate your efforts on our (my) behalf.

• I like it 2

I had such a bad day at work, I'm so glad that tomorrow is Friday! Plus I have all next week off. Score! I decided to get a big pour of one of my favorites. IMG_20180823_202725.jpeg

• I like it 1

Had a Bulleit at dinner last week. Never had it neat, only in cocktails and it was part of a bundle with a burger and beer happy hour special. It was fine as I expected it would be but nothing I would seek out for home consumption. The place had a nice selection and quite a few patrons were tasting around the menu which was nice to see. The couple next to me ordered a Bib And Tucker the gentleman actually asked for it, not as a pick off the menu. I wonder what his impressions were? We left before It arrived as the concert was starting soon.
I agree. It's an okay bourbon, I prefer BT for the same price. I actually bought this bourbon a few years ago for a house warming party and ended up drinking most of the bottle. To this day I haven't had a drop of it. Everytime I see it I remember how I felt the next day :/

Although I wouldn't mind trying the 10 years. Don't know if it's worth getting.

Had a pour of some old label WT Rye andIMG_1355.JPG an OKI TPS selection. Both fantastic with this cigar.

Kicking off 4 weeks of "staycation" (but I use that term VERY loosely as our second daughter is entering the world on Monday, and the MIL is already staying with us) with a little W12. Prost.

1 hour ago, dcbt said:

Kicking off 4 weeks of "staycation" (but I use that term VERY loosely as our second daughter is entering the world on Monday, and the MIL is already staying with us) with a little W12. Prost.

3 girls in the house can mean only one thing...

You'll be peeing outside from now on.

A BIG Conrates to you and Missus and of course Big Sis...

I see some folks drinking some knob creek, so I thought that sounded good. Been on a rye kick lately.

B244CE63-0CB5-4BAA-B73F-4577EB4AEC54.jpeg

A little plain old BT tonight after starting off with some tequila, which is not a normal pour for me.  The BT after the tequila is tasting particularly good for some reason.

2 hours ago, dcbt said:

Congrats dcbt! Best wishes to you and your family for a joyous Monday and healthy mom and baby.

The wife and I ate at a seafood joint in DC on the Anacostia River across the street from the 1st base entrance to Nats Park called The Salt Line Restaurant.   https://www.thesaltline.com/

They had quite the selection of bourbons including the full array of PVW - 10, 12, 15, 20, 23 yo.  Prices for a pour of Pappy ranged from $20 to $130. I had the 15yo for $50. It was my first Pappy and I've been wanting to scratch that itch for the longest time.  It was very good but I'm not certain it was worth $50.

IMG_0087.JPG

Edited by DCFan

6 hours ago, DCFan said:

The wife and I ate at a seafood joint in DC on the Anacostia River across the street from the 1st base entrance to Nats Park called The Salt Line Restaurant.   https://www.thesaltline.com/

They had quite the selection of bourbons including the full array of PVW - 10, 12, 15, 20, 23 yo.  Prices for a pour of Pappy ranged from $20 to $130. I had the 15yo for $50. It was my first Pappy and I've been wanting to scratch that itch for the longest time.  It was very good but I'm not certain it was worth $50.

IMG_0087.JPG

That $50 you have there is $110 here. I probably would try my first for $50, also...

On 8/21/2018 at 11:35 PM, flahute said:

Vitamins.

LMAO.

1 hour ago, DCFan said:

MM on the rocks getting ready for the Nats and Mets.

Grilling burgers in awhile so I was holding off pouring anything.  BUT, Nats @ Mets is a pitching duel.  Hence, OGD BIB (of COURSE!  There's a TV in front of me!) poured over some mostly melted cubes left over from a GatorAde I had earlier.  YUM!

9 hours ago, DCFan said:

IMG_0087.JPG

Those prices are way better than I would have expected in DC.  I likely would have tried the PVW15 as well.

• I like it 1

Spent all day outside in the 100 degree heat.  Just moved into new house and previous owners let the place go as soon as the contract was signed (they leased back for a month plus.)  But it's amazing what you can get done outside when your MIL is inside!  Cleaned the outdoor kitchen top to bottom, as well as the outdoor storage containers, moved flower pots around, etc. 

Then I collapsed in the pool that I've dubbed Barton Springs - because it doesn't look clean at all even when it is somewhat (needs replastering at some point as it has lots of iron stains, and also it it surrounded by a bunch of trees that discard junk into it), but if you think of it as a natural spring pool like Barton Springs in Austin, it doesn't feel quite so dirty.  And then on the other end, the previous owners were named Barton, and they were dirty and disgusting people (I spent 3 hours picking up dog crap EVERYWHERE on the property, including sidewalks, patios, pool decking, etc), so that's fitting also.

Grilling chicken later, but for now just sitting with some EC.  I usually grill with BT #2 so I see ETL in my future for that.

Prost.

57 minutes ago, dcbt said:

Spent all day outside in the 100 degree heat.  Just moved into new house and previous owners let the place go as soon as the contract was signed (they leased back for a month plus.)  But it's amazing what you can get done outside when your MIL is inside!  Cleaned the outdoor kitchen top to bottom, as well as the outdoor storage containers, moved flower pots around, etc. 

Then I collapsed in the pool that I've dubbed Barton Springs - because it doesn't look clean at all even when it is somewhat (needs replastering at some point as it has lots of iron stains, and also it it surrounded by a bunch of trees that discard junk into it), but if you think of it as a natural spring pool like Barton Springs in Austin, it doesn't feel quite so dirty.  And then on the other end, the previous owners were named Barton, and they were dirty and disgusting people (I spent 3 hours picking up dog crap EVERYWHERE on the property, including sidewalks, patios, pool decking, etc), so that's fitting also.

Grilling chicken later, but for now just sitting with some EC.  I usually grill with BT #2 so I see ETL in my future for that.

Prost.

You seem like a man who is antsy; but if anyone has a right, it is you my friend. Hang in there, the results are wonderful!!!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.