What Bourbon did you purchase today (summer 2018)

mfly86
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

11 hours ago, Cranecreek said:

Yes, Well I don't know what to tell you.  It would certainly become quite a mundane hobby if we all had the same tastes and preferences.

confirmed truth

On 7/2/2018 at 2:53 PM, Barrel Aged Buckeye said:

Would love to try this sadly its to far out of my price range. 

52 minutes ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

Release #10. 

20180725_160545.jpg

Looks like we've hit a new low...in proof. Can't wait to see it.

20180730_142041.thumb.jpg.868c6fd163d86777f19b0c6eee69d727.jpg I came across an old diamond label OF at $29.99 making it less than $14 a bottle after taxes and just couldn't pass it up for a daily drinker. I kept an old 750 bottle to decant it into for such an occasion.

• I like it 3

4 hours ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

Release #10. 

20180725_160545.jpg

Guess I'll be standing in line at my local Liquor Barn in a few weeks in hopes of grabbing one of these.

5 hours ago, FacePlant said:

Looks like we've hit a new low...in proof. Can't wait to see it.

It's very good.  More like batch 8 than batch 9.  Lots of caramel, toast and brown sugar on the nose with sweet chocolate and caramel on the palate then a nice, grippy finish. 

• I like it 1

Actually this was my purchases a couple of weeks ago while on vacation in DC . The FRSiB is  OESF 11y 3 m.  Murray Hill’s are batch 1 and 9 only because I enjoyed batch 6 so much.  Turns out we like batch 9 even better. Triple Deuce was a whim just cause I’m into classic cars. Coopers Craft and  Hennessy Pure White were purchased by a friend while on a cruise and not readily available in the States.    I’m giving the HPW to a friend that loves Cognac.  Unfortunately, I open the CC and quickly learned how poorly it tastes.  It will be araound for quite awhile to use as a mixer for guests that are so inclined. May even use in sautéing mushrooms.   

3A76DEFE-74E4-4709-ACD0-5FC2BEFF6483.jpeg

Wow. You folks have some deep pockets. Or are your credit cards taking the hit?

44 minutes ago, mrpipster said:

Wow. You folks have some deep pockets. Or are your credit cards taking the hit?

There's a difference (tee hee)????

• I like it 3

Actually this was my purchases a couple of weeks ago while on vacation in DC . The FRSiB is  OESF 11y 3 m.  Murray Hill’s are batch 1 and 9 only because I enjoyed batch 6 so much.  Turns out we like batch 9 even better. Triple Deuce was a whim just cause I’m into classic cars. Coopers Craft and  Hennessy Pure White were purchased by a friend while on a cruise and not readily available in the States.    I’m giving the HPW to a friend that loves Cognac.  Unfortunately, I open the CC and quickly learned how poorly it tastes.  It will be araound for quite awhile to use as a mixer for guests that are so inclined. May even use in sautéing mushrooms.   
3A76DEFE-74E4-4709-ACD0-5FC2BEFF6483.thumb.jpeg.f5fdea8a573c2ae70629117f69ff73cf.jpeg

The Coopers Craft is just average bourbon as you found out. It’s all over Tennessee priced in the mid to upper $20 range. It should probably be priced below $20. It’s not horrible, but not worth the introductory asking price when it came out a couple of years ago. I’d venture to guess that many stores are still sitting on a lot of the inventory that they bought two years ago.

I bought one bottle of Coopers' Craft and soon thereafter put it on my list to never replace.

• I like it 1

20 minutes ago, Thig said:

I bought one bottle of Coopers' Craft and soon thereafter put it on my list to never replace.

Ouch. :ph34r:

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

26 minutes ago, Thig said:

Yeah, ditto.  Not sub par, like so much of the craft bourbons, but hardly notable and def not memorable for the price.

• I like it 1

Barrell Bourbon batch 14, Willett 4yo rye, Bookers 2018-2 and KCryeKS.  My first Barrell so looking forward to that.  Have yet to try the Wrye4 or the Booker's 18-02 either.  The Williett is 126+ proof compared to the 3yr at under 110 so should be interesting.  And a backup of the KCryeCS for the bunker.  A good haul for a Tuesday.  :P

7 30 18.jpg

20 minutes ago, fosmith said:

Barrell Bourbon batch 14, Willett 4yo rye, Bookers 2018-2 and KCryeKS.  My first Barrell so looking forward to that.  Have yet to try the Wrye4 or the Booker's 18-02 either.  The Williett is 126+ proof compared to the 3yr at under 110 so should be interesting.  And a backup of the KCryeCS for the bunker.  A good haul for a Tuesday.  :P

Nice haul. I've been looking for a 4 year Willett. My 3 year is 112.6. I had a bottle of Barrell batch 14 and really enjoyed it. Tons of vanilla. I just thought it was priced about $25 too high at $75. I have a bottle of the KC CS rye as well but the jury is still out. It's a bit more bourbon like to me. That's not necessarily a bad thing but I like my rye to taste like rye.

A good buddy unfortuneatly lost his grandpa recently.  While going through the residence he acquired this. 

20180729_104009.jpg

20180729_104018.jpg

• I like it 11

18 hours ago, Jfletchgu said:

20180730_142041.thumb.jpg.868c6fd163d86777f19b0c6eee69d727.jpg I came across an old diamond label OF at $29.99 making it less than $14 a bottle after taxes and just couldn't pass it up for a daily drinker. I kept an old 750 bottle to decant it into for such an occasion.

Cool find. Never seen that one before.

The Bib and Tucker... a friend says it's good stuff. Reviews are mixed at best. Found it for $34 so I'll decide for myself.

This picture is what happens when you get a week off after working almost every day for 2 months and then go spirit shopping! 

0730181743-1(1).jpg

My sister brought me a bottle of Pure Kentucky from her recent trip to Kentucky.  My first KBD bourbon.  Looking forward to opening it later this week.

I'm weak...I picked up the new WTMK Revival and another bottle of Blood Oath Pact #4 (I really like the stuff). I'm looking forward to trying the Revival, but it won't be tonight.

I also took a gamble on a bottle of a new release, Blue Note Bourbon, from a new NDP in Memphis (Big River Distillery). Blue Note is a small batch (5 barrels) bourbon, aged 9 years, bottled at 93 proof, NCF and is certainly from Dickel. I opened it and tried it in the store, and it's actually pretty good stuff. It was priced somewhat inline with 9yo Dickel Hand Selected Barrel small batch too, so I didn't feel like I was overpaying for something that I could almost buy in a Dickel bottle.

15 hours ago, skidfive said:

A good buddy unfortuneatly lost his grandpa recently.  While going through the residence he acquired this. 

20180729_104009.jpg

20180729_104018.jpg

Wow, that would be made by Nation Distillers long before Beam bought the brand.  I expect it to be very different from the modern version - in a good way.

Long time lurker, first time poster.  Went on a little business trip to California, and I have a couple spots I like to check.  Found a nice Blantons ($62) and Michter's Straight from the Barrel ($80).  Also a Buffalo Trace and a Stagg Jr. ($55) for a buddy.

20180801_053245759_iOS.jpg

• I like it 2

The past week+ has been pretty good to me for bourbon surfin' (not so good on the budget though).  Add these to the slightly dusties from a few weeks ago and things have been real good.

The JBDC & OFor sib ps were impulse buys - $17 & $34 respectively was too hard to resist.

I said back in the Spring Pass thread that I'd grab a bottle of Redemption Wheated if it ever showed up on a shelf (probably only after Porky grew wings).  Well the rotund one apparently shed enough pounds and took flight, 'cause I actually found it in a couple locals.

I'm enjoying it and the 1792SW.

20180801_193538.jpg

Edited by PowderKeg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.