What Bourbon are you enjoying? (Fall 2018)

kcgumbohead
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

WOW!!!

My infinity bottle just went finite...

I started with a Calumet 12yr. It was nice but didn't hold my attention for a second pour. I decided to try my infinity bottle which I had only touched for cooking. It is too good of a blend to add anything to. I am on my 3rd small pour.

P.S. Of course I will never be able to duplicate it. Nobody with my memory could!!!

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, kevinbrink said:

Turkey Day Eve is upon us

y4mkqEXKbugNmI_p-qyFiCB1WVZ_yO45V49HpXmg

Nice there Kevin.  That barrel/bottle is on my bar for T-giving tomorrow, along with WTRB.  I had a pour of that WTKS the other night—that’s a nice rickhouse D barrel.  Tonight, I had a pour of their RRSB rickhouse B store select.  That’s a nice barrel as well. Cheers.

• I like it 2

Happy Thanksgiving to all. 

I am enjoying a pour of WTKS, while my pecan pie finishes in the oven. 

Cheers

Three years ago, my company, in its infinite wisdom, decided it was necessary for us to work the day after Thanksgiving. So last night while my wife was in kitchen diligently making her mini chocolate and vanilla cheese cakes, ( a Thanksgiving tradition) I was having a meeting with some of the guys. It was nice touching base with Bill, Al, Ed, Elmer and George Jr. ;) 

While the pours I have today won’t be as numerous, I know that Mike and I will have at least a couple or three really good uns.  :P

Biba! Joe

boys.jpeg

• I like it 2

AAA10yr last night while waiting for my sister and BIL to get here from MN. Apparently the traffic on I-90 in WI was horrendous in places as my sister sent me a text saying her hubby needed something barrel strength when he got to my house. Being the nice guy I am :P I had a pour of 2017 GTS on the counter for him when he arrived. He needed 2 pours to settle down :D

• I like it 3

2 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

While the pours I have today won’t be as numerous, I know that Mike and I will have at least a couple or three really good uns.  :P

Man, I sure hope so. The sooner ya get here, the sooner we find out!

:D

6 hours ago, Wedelstaedt said:

Happy Thanksgiving to all. 

I am enjoying a pour of WTKS, while my pecan pie finishes in the oven. 

Cheers

Bourbon pecan pie I presume?

2 hours ago, Vosgar said:

AAA10yr last night while waiting for my sister and BIL to get here from MN. Apparently the traffic on I-90 in WI was horrendous in places as my sister sent me a text saying her hubby needed something barrel strength when he got to my house. Being the nice guy I am :P I had a pour of 2017 GTS on the counter for him when he arrived. He needed 2 pours to settle down :D

Hey!    We've all been there, right?     Traffic issues when we need or want to be someplace can be so stressful! 

A strong pour of some full-flavored, fully satisfying Bourbon (such as GTS!) is the best remedy for so many of us, I bet. 

And, having it ready and waiting is soooo thoughtful of you, my friend; but, not all that surprising. 

You, sir are a true-blooded BOTY and richly deserve the title!

3 hours ago, CUfan99 said:

Bourbon pecan pie I presume?

No, this pie is sans Bourbon. 

I prefer my Bourbon in a glass. 

;-))

Happy Thanksgiving 

I decided to switch it up for Thanksgiving and give this Tennessee Whiskey Sipping Creme a try...Amazing. I drank most the glass before thinking about snapping a pic. Man it was good!

20181122_153510.jpg

• I like it 1

Had a few pours with the family I'd say nothing fancy but WT101 and OGD BIB are plenty fancy enough. Came home and realized that there was no better day to open this one than actual TURKEY DAY. Gobble Gobble SB'ers hope everyone who celebrated enjoyed the holiday or at the very least came out unscathed.

y4mtWzJM_s0TUlRnMx246r5BSINSQaAbDepXHDur

6 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

Little Turkey while cooking the turkey, nice 17 degree day.

IMG_5723.JPG
IMG_5724.JPG

Anything with two chimneys has me intrigued. . .  Good stuff must be going on there.

Edited by Bob_Loblaw
  • I like it 1

Thanks to Uncle Joe, @fishnbowljoe, this was one of the highlights tonight! So grateful for being turned on to this whole Bourbon thing. This was a fantastic pour!!

20181122_151825.jpg

• I like it 4

^^^^^^ Yeah, the ol' boy's very generous in sharing his good stuff! ^^^^^^

22 hours ago, Kane said:

You know you're in good hands when they comp you this.

IMG_20181122_001841.jpg

Comp’d?! Wow! How is it?

I had the chance to buy some last night but it was marked $180 and I couldn’t do it for that price even though I really wanted to try it.

I guess Thanksgiving is a special enough time to enjoy the last pour of the pre-fire DSP 31 distilled Dant I was saving.  It is as good as I remember.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.