What Bourbon did you purchase today (Fall 2018)

kevinbrink
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Got an Old Ezra 117 from a neighboring state.  Looking forward to opening this one given the comments of others...

First group wasn’t a purchase but the Christmas gifts from the in-laws. Pretty basic stuff but the Aunt in law did buy the Bacardi in Puerto Rico and had my name engraved on it.
56462001664__64913F95-28DA-4551-AEB1-F573DE9FB4E5.jpg

This group was my Black Friday purchases. The ER is $9 cheaper here in MI than I can get it at home. Took the opportunity to stock up.
IMG_4278.jpg

I love Wisconsin...OE101 and HWRR. The RR is 2015 and the last year untill they changed the label. My guess it's the last year they used 6 year MGP and 16 year Barton. Bonus that the OE was $16 and the RR was $50. Probably one of my last "Bunker" stockpiles. I don't see myself buying much bourbon/Rye going forward with the current price hikes and hysteria. 

IMG_20181123_172950.jpg

• I like it 1

Bought my first ever seen OE101 while visiting in Central IL.  Still waiting for the barrel proof to show up.

Bought my first OF 1910 at the Lex TW on my way through KY to VA, ended up opening it and sharing with the family after the turkey - OMG!!!!  That's one fantastic bourbon!!!  

Bought my first ever seen OE101 while visiting in Central IL.  Still waiting for the barrel proof to show up.

Where in the world did you find that in my neighborhood? I’m from Springfield and don’t typically see it.

23 minutes ago, BMartin42 said:

Where in the world did you find that in my neighborhood? I’m from Springfield and don’t typically see it.

I grew up in Springfield.  Went to Chatham schools.  

Friar Tucks had it, and a WT KS.  Grabbed the last of each.  WT is going to my dad's duck camp in Havana.

Really dont like shopping at Friar Tucks, as all the allocated stuff is secondary pricing.  Rather not give them my money.  The Binnys is a nice store, rather spend my money there, which I did in the rum aisle...

Edited by gurgalunas
  • I like it 1

I’ve been reading the very positive reviews of JDBP here for a year or more but never pulled the trigger. Stopped in a store with a private barrel after dinner and had a taste. Wow. Really enjoyed it. Bought one for myself and one for my dad for Christmas as he’s a Jack drinker. $70 per bottle. 

77EA50A3-5B77-4DC7-B7D9-E73BDC1C802A.jpeg

• I like it 2

I grew up in Springfield.  Went to Chatham schools.  

Friar Tucks had it, and a WT KS.  Grabbed the last of each.  WT is going to my dad's duck camp in Havana.

Really dont like shopping at Friar Tucks, as all the allocated stuff is secondary pricing.  Rather not give them my money.  The Binnys is a nice store, rather spend my money there, which I did in the rum aisle...

That’d be why I hadn’t seen it. Quit going to those price gouging bleeps at Friar as soon as Binny’s opened. To the point of forgetting about them. There’s a liquor store in Chatham that usually has good selection including almost always having Stagg Jr for 49.99 if you’re still in the area.
  • I like it 1

EW BiB.  For $30 bucks for 1.75L, this is wonderful.  Another great find from the "bottom shelf".

• I like it 2

20 hours ago, gurgalunas said:

Just curious, if you don't mind my asking, what was the price in your area? I saw it for $25.99 @ one of the larger Indy area chains.  Last time I had seen it the price was in the low $20s. Before that around $18.

I thought I saw where someone found it for $16, I believe in Wisconsin. Prices vary so much state to state.

4 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

Just curious, if you don't mind my asking, what was the price in your area? I saw it for $25.99 @ one of the larger Indy area chains.  Last time I had seen it the price was in the low $20s. Before that around $18.

I thought I saw where someone found it for $16, I believe in Wisconsin. Prices vary so much state to state.

The $25 price range is right.  Dont recall exactly, though.

11 hours ago, BMartin42 said:

That’d be why I hadn’t seen it. Quit going to those price gouging bleeps at Friar as soon as Binny’s opened. To the point of forgetting about them. There’s a liquor store in Chatham that usually has good selection including almost always having Stagg Jr for 49.99 if you’re still in the area.

Yeah, me too.  I dont shop those kind of places normally.  A buddy asked me to check for Old Fitz BiB while in town, nothing at Binny's, so went to Friar's on the way to the movie theater across the street.   If you happen across any, I'd appreciate a heads up (if you're not buying it yourself).  My dad can pick it up and get it to KC.  I'm not holding my breath, expect it's all gone...

8 minutes ago, gurgalunas said:

The $25 price range is right.  Dont recall exactly, though.

Yeah, me too.  I dont shop those kind of places normally.  A buddy asked me to check for Old Fitz BiB while in town, nothing at Binny's, so went to Friar's on the way to the movie theater across the street.   If you happen across any, I'd appreciate a heads up (if you're not buying it yourself).  My dad can pick it up and get it to KC.  I'm not holding my breath, expect it's all gone...

Thanks.  That helps me calibrate the price.  I might pick one up for old times sake, especially if it is being discontinued for OEBP.  I opted for WT101 for $21.99 and it is excellent compared to recent bottles.

Similar to you, I shop stores I know may be on the high side, especially if close by.  You never know what you might find even if it is slightly higher.  We have a store like that in Indy where the price is typically $5 higher on everyday bottles but occasionally you find a bargain or a unique bottle.  I know of a similar place in Louisville.

5 hours ago, FasterHorses said:

enhance

PS Hancock's x2 and some other cool looking bottle (finally)

Pappy 20 was my first neat pour of bourbon I ever had. I’ve been chasing it ever since. 

• I like it 1

10 hours ago, PhantomLamb said:

EW BiB.  For $30 bucks for 1.75L, this is wonderful.  Another great find from the "bottom shelf".

10 hours ago, PhantomLamb said:

This should not be on the bottom shelf.

• I like it 1

23 minutes ago, DeepCover said:

Pappy 20 was my first neat pour of bourbon I ever had. I’ve been chasing it ever since. 

Its my first VW. Will be holding for the right occasion. Good friend finally got to go with me and it was his number that got called. I ended up with this because hes that great of a guy!

17 minutes ago, FasterHorses said:

Its my first VW. Will be holding for the right occasion. Good friend finally got to go with me and it was his number that got called. I ended up with this because hes that great of a guy!

Well done. Hopefully your buddy got a consolation bottle of some sort for his effort. A good friend of mine got a Pappy 20 and an ORVW yesterday for a grand total of $248. I’m jealous as hell. The 15 and 20 are 2 of the best bourbons I’ve ever had.

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.