What Bourbon did you purchase today (Fall 2018)

kevinbrink
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

On 11/9/2018 at 6:32 PM, foppa78 said:

Excited to have my first bottles of Weller 12. Would you first open the 750 or the 1L? Does it matter?

F1fxLcU.jpg

I had the same delemma earlier this year, and went with the larger one which was gone pretty quickly. You gonna want to keep drinking it, go with the big one. Whichever you choose, I hope you enjoy as much as I did. (I still have my 750) 

• I like it 4

9 minutes ago, bill_B said:

Just these two turds

45872627_10205425038822206_4478908350012063744_n.jpg

Cool. Lottery? First ive seen of the new EC18 label. 

• I like it 1

12 minutes ago, FasterHorses said:

Cool. Lottery? First ive seen of the new EC18 label. 

Nah. These were just on the shelf at retail

The BT store pick I sampled with the LS came in today, so I got one.  I'll break into it tonight and compare to a standard BT and a different pick I have open.  

• I like it 2

Update:  Got into the cabinet to find I had two of the same store picks to compare the new one to, not a pick and a standard BT.  Oh well.

Both picks had good flavor, but the recent one I helped choose was a more "full palate experience".  The older pick, a bottle that has been open for several months, was drier, shorter finish, with back of tongue burn.  The new one was noticed on the front, middle, and back of the tongue, and had a longer finish.  I wouldnt describe it as chewy, but relatively, it wasnt as thin. 

Thinking back, this BT pick was much more difficult than the 3 KC picks I'd been able to sample.  Tasting it brings back the reason it was chosen.  It was the full palate flavor that differentiated it from the other samples.  I'm not one to recite all the flavors I can taste because...  well, I can't...  not that talented.  But I can certainly tell which I like.  Answer:  both were money well spent, but the more recent was a tad better.

• I like it 2

Picked up a new bottle of EC18 today. Looking forward to opening this one, but it might be a little while. I have too many open EC bottles right now. It is good to have backups!

• I like it 1

14 hours ago, JTaylor said:

Had to grab one (one per customer) of these...

C0A2A9C9-0C9C-41E2-B0E0-EB54F0111394.jpeg

Still searching...  Not one liquor store in KY had it I went to & I think I hit at least 8 while I was there lol. 

One of my guys in Mississippi says he’s getting it this month.  

After visiting a friend who is afflicted with ALS and will never get to taste any more whiskey or slivovitz, he's Serbian-American, I stopped by a new location of a favorite LS. I got to talking with someone who works there that turned out to be the big kahuna of the store and told him I was looking for unicorns. He asked what in particular and I mentioned ETL. To keep this short, he said he'd go out back and get me a bottle which he did. Well, that brightened up my day to say the least.

When I got home, I poured out my usual three ounces worth and an extra sip for Ray . It tasted much better than I remembered.  I suggest that you do the same when a friend or family member is confronted by this most cruel of diseases.

• I like it 7

Picked up an ECBP B518. Pretty much decided my LE hunting is over. I’m going to focus on ECBP, PS 4R SiBs and some CS ryes for my top shelf drinking. 

• I like it 3

Ashamed to say I shelf-cleared:  Baker's, all two of them.B)  EDIT - in a store owned and managed by Montgomery County MD.

Edited by Harry in WashDC
  • I like it 1

2 minutes ago, Harry in WashDC said:

Ashamed to say I shelf-cleared:  Baker's, all two of them.B)  EDIT - in a store owned and managed by Montgomery County MD.

Happy to hear this. I’ll be picking some up tomorrow. 

14 hours ago, CUfan99 said:

Picked up an ECBP B518. Pretty much decided my LE hunting is over. I’m going to focus on ECBP, PS 4R SiBs and some CS ryes for my top shelf drinking. 

My man!

2 hours ago, FacePlant said:

I'd hang on to that one. The rest of them are always warehouse H. :) 

Here I thought that was just a very poorly written H...nice find!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.