What Bourbon did you purchase today (Fall 2018)

kevinbrink
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Picked up a MWND, a Little Book 2, and 2x Four Roses limited. All on the shelf at MSRP, at a random store I had never been to before. Works for me

• I like it 2

Wife gave me a willett 4 y/o rye for my bday. She gets an A for effort. She overpaid a little but glad she didnt go for the $185 Lone Whisker or the Jeffersons PS they were pushing on her. 

• I like it 3

19 hours ago, PaulO said:

Picked up some JTS Brown since I just happened to be way on the other side of town, near the place that usually has it.  This latest batch reminds me a lot of the improved EW BIB - nice.

Agree. And you won't get a better bourbon for the money. You talking JTSBIB, right? I think they make a lower proof too.

Edited by cdcdguy

picked up yet but another 14yr KCSB, an OE7 BP, & an ET BIB. thought ET BIB was KY only, but i guess not.

Nothing earth shattering, but hard to resist $23 for a 750 + 2 rocks glasses for the boxed holiday MM.  I prefer MMCS, but regular MM isn't on the meh list, and I recently finished off a bottle, so....

Also picked up my first bottle of OF Statesman - was ignoring this for a long time as I figured it was a movie tie-in gimmick with a short shelf life, however after having (and asking more ??? about its longevity) at the OF Distillery Tour tasting awhile back, I put it on the buy sometime list - looking forward to cracking it shortly...

MM Holidays 2018.jpg

6 hours ago, Whiskeythink.com said:

thought ET BIB was KY only, but i guess not.

It was only in a few states for about the first year and a half when it first came out. Now it’s all over they place (relatively speaking).

Edited by Jfletchgu

2 minutes ago, Jfletchgu said:

It was for about the first year and a half when it first came out. Now it’s all over they place (relatively speaking).

Not KY only but not everywhere. ETBIB not seen in Indiana. Saw none in SC. Even in KY, only a few bottles on shelf and not at every store.

7 hours ago, PowderKeg said:

Also picked up my first bottle of OF Statesman - was ignoring this for a long time as I figured it was a movie tie-in gimmick with a short shelf life, however after having (and asking more ??? about its longevity) at the OF Distillery Tour tasting awhile back, I put it on the buy sometime list - looking forward to cracking it shortly...

If you generally like the OF profile you are going to really like this one.

How much is Peg Leg Porker?

Good eye, I actually missed it as it wasn’t on my radar, so not even sure.

On 11/17/2018 at 5:53 PM, cdcdguy said:

Agree. And you won't get a better bourbon for the money. You talking JTSBIB, right? I think they make a lower proof too.

Yes, the bottled in bond version it is.  Funny thing, this store adds several dollars or more to the MSRP of most of their bourbon (a boom tax?).  JTS flies under the radar with the same old price of yester-year.

Yes, the bottled in bond version it is.  Funny thing, this store adds several dollars or more to the MSRP of most of their bourbon (a boom tax?).  JTS flies under the radar with the same old price of yester-year.

This is an interesting observation JTS Brown 80 proof along with JW Dant 80 proof can be found in Houston without too much trouble but I’ve never seen the BIB of JTS here and haven’t seen the JW Dant BIB in over a year. I’m on vacation in Western NY and have seen JW Dant BIB at a few places for a good price. I’ll likely pick one up.
  • I like it 2

23 minutes ago, PaulO said:

“BoomTax”!!  Heehee! Love it!  :D

If you like HH bourbons, try any of the bonded versions.  The 80 proof stuff, I'd pass.

Agree 100%, it’s interesting here I’ve seen 1.75 handles of WSR in Western NY for for $200, which is crazy at the same place selling liter bottles of JW Dant BIB for $20. I think most bourbon folks in Texas would grab a $20 liter of JW Dant over a handle of WSR at Texas prices of $30 or so a bottle.
  • I like it 2

14 hours ago, PaulO said:

JTSBIB is cheap here. 11 or 12 bucks. It's fairly available but not everywhere. EWBIB runs 13 to 14 range. Mellow Corn about the same but less available. 

I’ve never seen a bottle of regular Old Fitzgerald let alone taste it. Somehow this is the first encounter I have with it. I really want to open it and try it but I think it will need to be special occasion. Maybe if Notre Dame beats USC this weekend and ends the season undefeated that will be my celebration drink. 

A22F4897-35C9-4F7A-863E-4B7E4CD674DE.jpeg

• I like it 2

With 122 bottles in the house I've been trying to be a little more selective.  At Kroger W & S the manager kept telling me how good the 13.5 y.o. KC SiB PS was.  I finally broke down and picked one up.  If it's like any of the other PS KC bottles I've gotten.  It will probably be stellar.

• I like it 3

I’ve never seen a bottle of regular Old Fitzgerald let alone taste it. Somehow this is the first encounter I have with it. I really want to open it and try it but I think it will need to be special occasion. Maybe if Notre Dame beats USC this weekend and ends the season undefeated that will be my celebration drink. 
A22F4897-35C9-4F7A-863E-4B7E4CD674DE.thumb.jpeg.bdc58cd05ead23d366611be233c4df84.jpeg

It’s pretty good stuff in my opinion. Probably not worth the high cost, but what is these days.

A quick trip to the bourbon mecca yielded good results. Only one HHBIB is mine the others are for bourbon buddies at work. Also came across a little dusty FC 6 year.

20181119_191537.jpg

• I like it 4

For the first time in four years, I found ECBP (batch B518) at near retail for $55 a bottle here in middle Georgia - virtually unheard of.  Most places have it at $79 and above, and one place has it at $149!  There were three on the shelf, so I bought two and left a third for another lucky bourbon lover. Wife said they are my "Christmas Present" and I'm content with that!

Edited by starhopper
  • I like it 2

Lucked out and got a PS W107, 10YR WTKSPS 1792FP, old label OE 7YR101, a funky PS RRSB and some older batched HWRR- all at the same store.  Done buying for the year- unless, of course, something irresistible presents itself.

Grabbed a WTRB because I always take one to my in-laws for Thanksgiving. Also a Baby Saz just because I can never resist bunkering one when I see them.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.