What Bourbon did you purchase today (Fall 2018)

kevinbrink
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

2 minutes ago, DCFan said:

Bought a bottle of Evan Williams Egg Nog. $9 OTD.  Ho ho ho.

My brothers and I lovingly refer to it as EV-Nog

• I like it 1

1 minute ago, kevinbrink said:

My brothers and I lovingly refer to it as EV-Nog

Hey, eggs are good for us now. Right? :)

• I like it 1

“East is east, and west is west, and never the twain shall meet.”

My wife likes egg nog, but dislikes bourbon. I love bourbon, but can’t stand egg nog. What’s a mother to do?

FWIW, we were out grocery shopping a week or so ago. When we hit the liquor department, I graciously offered to buy my wife a bottle of EW Egg Nog. She didn’t even bother to answer me. All I got was “the look”.  :ph34r:

Biba! Joe

• I like it 2

5 hours ago, DCFan said:

Hey, eggs are good for us now. Right? :)

Just a quick question... Are any actual chicken eggs damaged in any way in the production of this stuff? :o

20 minutes ago, Richnimrod said:

Just a quick question... Are any actual chicken eggs damaged in any way in the production of this stuff? :o

If by chance they are I’ve heard bourbon has medicinal benefits. I read it on the internet somewhere. :)

Finally stumbled in a BTAC. At $135 I had to pull the trigger. Also got a nice cup in the mail from High West.
IMG_2657.jpg
IMG_2658.jpg

• I like it 9

Finally stumbled in a BTAC. At $135 I had to pull the trigger. Also got a nice cup in the mail from High West.
IMG_2657.thumb.jpg.6030d08f0e5215ce46c3936ffe070b2e.jpg
IMG_2658.thumb.jpg.f7f3b03116e9f1935cfe266495b5dabe.jpg

Nice score...congratulations!

12 hours ago, Golferpimp1 said:

IMG_2657.jpg
IMG_2658.jpg

Great score, I was just in Tulsa for my son's soccer team.  Maybe I should have looked around?  Oh well.  Congrats!

Picked up barrel finished Parker’s for $90. Place had a great selection, four different 4R barrrels, Old Ezra Barrel proof, RYSB for $60, ECBP for $57. Wish we had this type of selection in Houston. Place down the street, had $200 WSR, $330 for OWA, $380 for GTS so I’m glad for cheap Texas Weller.

• I like it 2

3 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

Picked up barrel finished Parker’s for $90. Place had a great selection, four different 4R barrrels, Old Ezra Barrel proof, RYSB for $60, ECBP for $57. Wish we had this type of selection in Houston. Place down the street, had $200 WSR, $330 for OWA, $380 for GTS so I’m glad for cheap Texas Weller.

200 for WSR? yikes. i saw 10 bottles just sitting on the shelf yesterday...

Grabbed a bottle of Old Ezra 7yr Barrel Strength today. Excited to crack that open tomorrow base on the reviews I've read.

16 hours ago, Golferpimp1 said:

IMG_2657.jpg
IMG_2658.jpg

No BTAC, but I got my cup from HW too, awesome!

14 minutes ago, JCwhammie said:

These prices are pretty amazing, so I grabbed 2 ECBP and 1 OE101. 

20181121_121027.jpg

20181121_121216.jpg

Wow...

• I like it 1

These prices are pretty amazing, so I grabbed 2 ECBP and 1 OE101. 
20181121_121027.thumb.jpg.25ee5219c147c2977c3f571bbde99418.jpg
20181121_121216.thumb.jpg.afe9a5c41da4b66c7cf47c1e450dd53c.jpg

Passed on ECBP at 99.99 locally. That would almost be worth a road trip.

Hello fellow SBers, and Happy Thanksgiving (weekend) to you! I post today with a tale which shows that despite all of the cynicism, gouging, flipping, hype, and other nonsense going on in the bourbon community at large, there are still beacons of goodness, ethical retailing, and camaraderie to be found. 

Today i I visited my favorite LS to pick up a bottle of wine and some Russell’s Reserve 10yr to bring to dinner tomorrow. I had glimpsed the manager/owner in the back, with whom I’m quite friendly and regularly talk whiskey, but he looked busy so I went about my shopping without bothering him. As I was checking out, one of the employees tapped me on the shoulder and said “we had this in the back, you interested?” I look down to see he has a VW Lot B 12yr in hand!

To be frank, I was actually a bit hesitant. Though I enjoy it, it’s not my favorite bottle (I’ve had 2 before) and I wasn’t sure what the price would be. But lo and behold, even better than the surprise of being offered the bottle, he rung it up for $99. Now, the previous two I’ve had were also from this store, and I think I paid $120 and $125 on those occasions. So, not only did he offer me the bottle, he gave me a discount. I’m not one to look a gift horse in the mouth, and I know I’m not going to find a fairer price than that, so I gladly paid and thanked him sincerely.

As I left I saw the manager still in back. He made sure to catch my eye and give me a thumbs up. Suffice it to say, I will remain a loyal and frequent customer as long as he’s around.

4DF82331-22AB-4F2B-8663-54D2A3C8B705.jpeg

• I like it 11

Finally found an Old Ezra 7 Barrel Strength and happened to ask if they had any Weller 12 and he said he did, if I didn’t mind a 1.75 L. For $44 with tax, I didn’t mind at all.
IMG_0164.jpg

• I like it 8

1 minute ago, NDN98 said:

Finally found an Old Ezra 7 Barrel Strength and happened to ask if they had any Weller 12 and he said he did, if I didn’t mind a 1.75 L. For $44 with tax, I didn’t mind at all.
IMG_0164.jpg

Damn, I thought I did well at $50 for the Weller 12.... 

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, KyleCBreese said:

A 14.5 year KCSB

Four Roses 130th

Westland Garryana 2018

Still hoping to find a FR 130th but not particularly optimistic at this point. 

• I like it 1

Parker’s @119.99 and an old forester 1910 @51.99...not the best prices but both bottles represent something new and different to pour on turkey day

• I like it 2

13 hours ago, Backdoctor said:

Damn, I thought I did well at $50 for the Weller 12.... 

Yeah, I thought that was a heck of a deal, considering the 750s run anywhere from $25-35 at most stores around here and $100+ at some stores that like to gouge customers with secondary prices.

10 hours ago, grantsi said:

Parker’s @119.99 and an old forester 1910 @51.99...not the best prices but both bottles represent something new and different to pour on turkey day

I tried the 1910 at a bar the other day and really liked it.  Enjoy your Thanksgiving and your Thanksgiving pours!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.