What bourbon are you enjoying (Winter 2018)?

Mako254
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Last Friday we nearly lost our 6 year old English cocker (Wembley) to IMHA (her body is attacking its red blood cells). One night she was wagging her tail in our kitchen and the next night I was rushing her nearly-lifeless body to the vet. A blood transfusion, a cocktail of various meds, a weekend in emergency care and a sizable invoice later, she returned home with a 50% chance of survival. For now, she’s acting like her normal self again. I’ll take what I can get.

Tonight it’s a single pour of W12 as I reflect on the past week.
DB84DE8A-8970-4045-BE67-821354909195.thumb.jpeg.2786f613e3ae171e296e39bca7ced0fb.jpeg

Beautiful dog! I hope she continues to recover completely from her illness. Dogs become part of the family, so I can understand the tough week you and she have had.
  • I like it 3

Found out today that my wife is pregnant with our first child, so we’re celebrating tonight. 2” prime cut ribeye seasoned with carne crosta, a Cuban cigar, and some fine bourbon. 
DC22562A-8734-49F5-9A8F-49BD01E600AA.thumb.jpeg.e348810517c7bc7916e4cd1114e008a8.jpeg

Congratulations...looks like you had a grand celebration!

Enjoying this one tonight. Did someone mention this has more rye than the OS 10 yr., and/or OS 10 yr. single barrel?
a9vzyo0.jpg
7VKO5KM.jpg

I have been looking for a 6/23/16 bottle of anything since ( approx ) 6/23/16...6/21/16 is the closest I’ve ever seen. Hope that bottle treated you well
  • I like it 1

Last Friday we nearly lost our 6 year old English cocker (Wembley) to IMHA (her body is attacking its red blood cells). One night she was wagging her tail in our kitchen and the next night I was rushing her nearly-lifeless body to the vet. A blood transfusion, a cocktail of various meds, a weekend in emergency care and a sizable invoice later, she returned home with a 50% chance of survival. For now, she’s acting like her normal self again. I’ll take what I can get.

DB84DE8A-8970-4045-BE67-821354909195.thumb.jpeg.2786f613e3ae171e296e39bca7ced0fb.jpeg

Really sorry to hear this. I really hope she pulls through, must be tough for the family.
  • I like it 2

Had 2 pours from the 1792  bonded PS and moving on to another store pick to finish off the night, this one Kentucky Spirit

• I like it 1

On 1/31/2019 at 11:52 PM, JCwhammie said:

January 14 I found out that I'm going to be a first time father. Today I received a call from our realtor that our offer was accepted on a house that my wife and i immediately fell in love with the first time we saw it. I'm celebrating a memorable month with a fantastic pour from the bottle a great friend gave me on my wedding day last April. 

20190131_174846.jpg

Congratulations sir! A fine pour to raise on such an occasion. 

8 hours ago, DeepCover said:

DB84DE8A-8970-4045-BE67-821354909195.jpeg

Awww, tough break!   I hope she recovers and enjoys many more loved and loving years with your family, DeepCover.    All Cockers a so pretty; but your Wembley is even cuter than most.   What a doll!

Hang in there with her.   I'll say a prayer for her recovery.

• I like it 1

21 hours ago, anthony. g. said:

nice healthy pour of joes 3 weller blend.

dam its a nice drop.

Not that it matters, but Joe approves!  ^_^

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

52 minutes ago, DeepCover said:

@Bambam, @Richnimrod, @HoustonNit, @lcpfratn

Guys, thanks for the kind remarks, thoughts and prayers. We’re staying positive and I’m grateful that Wembley has been responding to the medication she’s on. Cheers!

My thoughts are with y’all too. I hope Wembley comes through this okay.  Please, please keep us informed as to how she’s doing.

Joe

33 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

My thoughts are with y’all too. I hope Wembley comes through this okay.  Please, please keep us informed as to how she’s doing.

Joe

Thank you kindly. Will do.

IMG_2078.thumb.jpg.ac5ceb8c6067d8803830ff96ee86de18.jpg

A Padron with some 2014 LE Single Barrel Four Roses. I don’t hit this bottle much but when I do I’m always left thinking “Oh damn!”

• I like it 2

Stagg Jr. batch 11. My second pour from the bottle, and I am hoping it is better than the first. After this the bottle will be untouched for a couple of months to see how it changes compared to the previous batches. 

47 minutes ago, Radioyada said:

Stagg Jr. batch 11. My second pour from the bottle, and I am hoping it is better than the first. After this the bottle will be untouched for a couple of months to see how it changes compared to the previous batches. 

I’m surprised how often I’m surprised by a bottle that was underwhelming at first but turns into something great with some air time. 

Having a good pour of Weller 12y and cooking some good ok pork steaks. It’s a  Beautiful night...

35C376A2-49DC-4E3A-B993-EA008002ACB2.thumb.jpeg.4aecafffb39dcdc54d644f383831f8e4.jpeg

• I like it 3

Really enjoyed this tonight lives up to all the great reviews imo

DE391531-595F-4E35-B666-CA5DAF71752B.jpeg

Edited by Cornfed12
  • I like it 3

Finishing up with a nightcap of Buffalo Trace and a Gurkha.  

53EDC06A-FA70-4785-A2F4-80192B3A60EA.jpeg

• I like it 1

38 minutes ago, Cornfed12 said:

Really enjoyed this tonight lives up to all the great reviews imo

DE391531-595F-4E35-B666-CA5DAF71752B.jpeg

This is how I kicked off my bourbon journey this evening. Pretty sure my bottle will turn up empty tomorrow as I prep for the big game. After a small GTS pour, it was on to some Loch & K(e)y selections of a 14yr old KCSB and WT Russell's Reserve SB. After all of that, I still felt the need for a night cap and went to some RY10yr SB. Needless to say, my taste buds are going to bed happy as hell and looking forward to tomorrow's selections.

• I like it 1

When you spread the Lawrenceburg gospel and send samples, it comes back to you two fold. Thanks to @CUfan99 for the porch service!

tasty obsq, not a recipe I am super familiar. 

PS, congratulations to the fathers to be. Buckle up! Being a father is the most rewarding and important thing in my life. Cheers fellows!

1E7C5629-E26C-4B26-B146-86ADC472D770.jpeg

Edited by Mako254

On to RRSiB PS, opened recently. It is RRSiB so you know it will be good. 

Warehouse "D."

Cheers

Edited by Wedelstaedt
Added warehouse letter

What a day on the bourbon journey. Two bottles saw the end of the line and another NFL season in the books. Kicked off the day with the last of some 2018 GTS that was gone well before kickoff. After that, I moved onto some FRPS OESK which was very good this evening. With the second half still to play, I polished off a bottle of Blanton's from the Loch & K(e)y Society. Wanting a night cap, I had a little more L & K goodness in a 14yr old KCSB. Overall, it was a great day of bourbon and football. Too bad there is no more football of the next 6 months!

• I like it 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.