What bourbon are you enjoying (Winter 2018)?

Mako254
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

On 1/26/2019 at 6:56 PM, HoustonNit said:

Very cool lineup.

21 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Very Jealous 

Those bottles are all a friend's. He's incredibly generous with his stash. He knows I'm a big turkey fan, so these are what we started with (except the 13yr). Then we had WLW, EHTBP, Saz 18 (non-tanked), and Bookers 30th. It was a great time. 

• I like it 1

Three different pours on this fine Sunday evening. Started with some 10yr OESK. That was followed by a very healthy pour of ECBP A118. After the kids were in bed it was time for a Loch & K(e)y Makers 46 selection. All three were a nice way to end the weekend and prepare for a busy week at work and home with the wife on the road for a few days leaving me with the kids. Personally, I can't wait for it to be the 3 of us and the dog!!

Cracked open a fresh ET BIB tonight. First sip was a little rough around the edges but it (or my palate) has smoothed out.

20190127_203836-784x1613.jpg

• I like it 1

AAA 10yr in the glass. I was ready to go to bed, but when I saw this weather forecast for the next few days decided another drink was a good idea. -16 for a high temp on Wednesday?????

web_7_Day_Forecast.jpg

• I like it 2

7 hours ago, Vosgar said:

AAA 10yr in the glass. I was ready to go to bed, but when I saw this weather forecast for the next few days decided another drink was a good idea. -16 for a high temp on Wednesday?????

web_7_Day_Forecast.jpg

WHOA!!!!    I thought we were looking cold for Wednesday, with a predicted high of -2.     Minus 16?    For a daily high?   That's NUTZ!!!!!

• I like it 1

10 hours ago, Vosgar said:

web_7_Day_Forecast.jpg

That's cold!

web_7_Day_Forecast.jpg

There’s a 67 degree swing between the Wednesday low and weekend high, that’s crazy. People are going to be outside with shorts when it’s in the high 30s after after suffering through -20s weather.

14 minutes ago, beasled said:

Had a few SAOS over the years but this just might be the best one yet. 

Screenshot_20190128-192116_Photos.jpg

Recent pick up or from the stash?  These seem to pop up far more in posts from your side of the Atlantic.

2 minutes ago, kevinbrink said:

Recent pick up or from the stash?  These seem to pop up far more in posts from your side of the Atlantic.

This is from the stash, managed to tuck away quite a few over time. There was quite a widely distributed bottle of barrel 811 from the same year (also 11 year), and it was excellent. This is just terrific too. Uber sweet, very oaky without being bitter and a thick, spicy finish with a touch of mint. Delish!

• I like it 2

1 minute ago, beasled said:

This is from the stash, managed to tuck away quite a few over time. There was quite a widely distributed bottle of barrel 811 from the same year (also 11 year), and it was excellent. This is just terrific too. Uber sweet, very oaky without being bitter and a thick, spicy finish with a touch of mint. Delish!

I did a little organization of the bunker over the weekend and was sad to realize I am down to my last three which makes me glad I picked up that bottle from Astor when I did.

12 minutes ago, kevinbrink said:

I did a little organization of the bunker over the weekend and was sad to realize I am down to my last three which makes me glad I picked up that bottle from Astor when I did.

I remember! I've committed to drinking from the bunker more this year so this was one of those. Plenty of good stuff to get through, not lamenting the lack of availability any more :)

• I like it 1

In Memphis a few days for work. After a late lunch peeked into a small downtown store on the way back to the hotel and grabbed a 375. For you date coders this is an LL/GJ and man is it good.

IMG_20190128_165514.thumb.jpg.292699adb2163afebb9872559b95df83.jpg

• I like it 1

No work tomorrow because of "possible winter weather." Having a pour of WT101. Never disappoints. 

Edited by Spade
  • I like it 1

Enjoying one of the best ER store picks I’ve ever tried. 

Cherries and velvety oak layered with a kiss of caramel and vanilla. 

Fills the air with a very pleasant aroma. 

More episodes of “The Office” on the TV tonight, while snuggling with the cat on the couch.

DC5D8F22-BE8D-4133-AABA-9A8E2B9A057C.jpeg

• I like it 3

Some 2012 WSR PS tonight. I opened this bottle last month and thought something was off, but couldn't pinpoint what it was other than it was a little harsh and the usual sweetness wasn't there. Wanting another opinion, got a sample to our resident Weller Whore for a professional analysis. Joe agreed it was off, but then last week he texted he had just finished the last of the sample and that it was better. Giving it another shot, I'll be damned but he was right. The BT wheater sweetness was finally there, but it still had a little more bite, which I happened to really like. This is my third pour since Joe's text and each time it's been working very nicely for me. 

In keeping with my resolution to work down the bunker by moving clunkers to the front, I did some cleaning in the basement today.  Was putting some paint cans under my workbench but had to move some stuff out first.  In addition to finding two boxed Blanton's grenades (e.g., 375ml bottles) I bought last year on sale, I found two RRSiB 112.8 375s I bought two years ago on sale.  I'm celebrating tonight (while watching "How the Universe Works") with a hefty pour of VOB BIB "6" which was already open.  None of those are clunkers; I'll get to the clunkers any day now.  I promise.

• I like it 3

Very nice, I think this one is available locally. Either way, I think this will be my sub for OF Sig, that I definitely have to buy on-line.

v4lBRpR.jpg

• I like it 2

Got this bottle this past Christmas but just noticed it was bottled in December of 2017. Sat somewhere for a year. Glad I got one before the bottle type went away. Had a few in the past but never thought to keep the bottle.

Seems much woodier than regular WT101.

20190128_214409-784x1613.jpg

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, Harry in WashDC said:

In keeping with my resolution to work down the bunker by moving clunkers to the front, I did some cleaning in the basement today.  Was putting some paint cans under my workbench but had to move some stuff out first.  In addition to finding two boxed Blanton's grenades (e.g., 375ml bottles) I bought last year on sale, I found two RRSiB 112.8 375s I bought two years ago on sale.  I'm celebrating tonight (while watching "How the Universe Works") with a hefty pour of VOB BIB "6" which was already open.  None of those are clunkers; I'll get to the clunkers any day now.  I promise.

Uh, WT RB 112.8, not RRSiB.  Duh!

Spent the weekend in Louisville (two basketball games and a friends birthday dinner).  Saturday afternoon ballgame, then checked into the Bourbon Inn B & B.  Dinner at Porcini's where I had a pour of ER.  Buddy of mine ordered a pour of PVW 12 Lot B, which he graciously allowed me to sample.  Waiter checked and said we could get a Pappy flight (12, 15 & 20 y.o.) for $55.  Wanted to do it but had to pass this time.  Returned to the B & B where you could do your own pour in their 2nd floor bar area on the honor system.  $6 for a copious pour of WTRB 108 proof.  Sunday afternoon game and then last night at home enjoyed some CEHT SmB.

• I like it 1

Spent the weekend in Louisville (two basketball games and a friends birthday dinner).  Saturday afternoon ballgame, then checked into the Bourbon Inn B & B.  Dinner at Porcini's where I had a pour of ER.  Buddy of mine ordered a pour of PVW 12 Lot B, which he graciously allowed me to sample.  Waiter checked and said we could get a Pappy flight (12, 15 & 20 y.o.) for $55.  Wanted to do it but had to pass this time.  Returned to the B & B where you could do your own pour in their 2nd floor bar area on the honor system.  $6 for a copious pour of WTRB 108 proof.  Sunday afternoon game and then last night at home enjoyed some CEHT SmB.

Cards that Pappy flight seems like a steal.

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.