What bourbon are you enjoying (Winter 2018)?

Mako254
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

January 14 I found out that I'm going to be a first time father. Today I received a call from our realtor that our offer was accepted on a house that my wife and i immediately fell in love with the first time we saw it. I'm celebrating a memorable month with a fantastic pour from the bottle a great friend gave me on my wedding day last April. 
20190131_174846.thumb.jpg.bdb222193533c3b86d89e19b7d6bb31a.jpg

Congratulations!

10 minutes ago, JCwhammie said:

January 14 I found out that I'm going to be a first time father. Today I received a call from our realtor that our offer was accepted on a house that my wife and i immediately fell in love with the first time we saw it. I'm celebrating a memorable month with a fantastic pour from the bottle a great friend gave me on my wedding day last April. 

20190131_174846.jpg

Congrats Whammie.  Over the spring/early summer I recommend finding as much quiet time as you can to enjoy your drams, eating out at you and the missus's favorite places, and sleeping a lot.  All rare commodities after you start your prison term . . . errr the magical time known as fatherhood. 

• I like it 4

57 minutes ago, bayouredd said:

A well deserved pour, my friend. Congrates to you, the Little One and the Missus!!!

Ditto! I’ll join you with a pour or two from a ps Blanton’s. :D

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, lcpfratn said:

Congratulations!

1 hour ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

Congrats Whammie.  Over the spring/early summer I recommend finding as much quiet time as you can to enjoy your drams, eating out at you and the missus's favorite places, and sleeping a lot.  All rare commodities after you start your prison term . . . errr the magical time known as fatherhood. 

30 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Ditto! I’ll join you with a pour or two from a ps Blanton’s. :D

Biba! Joe

Thanks, fellas!

20190131_174846.thumb.jpg.bdb222193533c3b86d89e19b7d6bb31a.jpg

Congrats so much to like in this post.
  • I like it 1

Ditto! I’ll join you with a pour or two from a ps Blanton’s. [emoji3]

Biba! Joe

Guess it’s another Blanton’s night.

IMG_6145.JPG
  • I like it 3

2 hours ago, JCwhammie said:

Congrats on all fronts!

• I like it 1

Starting the weekend with a gorgeous pour of Maker’s Cask Strength.  Tastes, are tastes.  We all are different.  I get it. But, if you’ve not tried this whiskey because you don’t care for the standard Maker’s, I would say that you’re doing yourself a disservice.  This is seriously good whiskey that is greater in total than just the proof bump over the standard.  

B21D4756-230B-4C96-B504-5D8119E2E0CE.jpeg

• I like it 5

14 minutes ago, smokinjoe said:

Starting the weekend with a gorgeous pour of Maker’s Cask Strength.  Tastes, are tastes.  We all are different.  I get it. But, if you’ve not tried this whiskey because you don’t care for the standard Maker’s, I would say that you’re doing yourself a disservice.  This is seriously good whiskey that is greater in total than just the proof bump over the standard.  

Agree 100%!

Found out today that my wife is pregnant with our first child, so we’re celebrating tonight. 2” prime cut ribeye seasoned with carne crosta, a Cuban cigar, and some fine bourbon. 

DC22562A-8734-49F5-9A8F-49BD01E600AA.jpeg

• I like it 13

1 hour ago, Statesboro Blues said:

Found out today that my wife is pregnant with our first child, so we’re celebrating tonight. 2” prime cut ribeye seasoned with carne crosta, a Cuban cigar, and some fine bourbon. 

Congratulations! And wow you sure went all out, enjoy!

Great news, great food, great smoke, great whiskey!  Congratulations, my man!

DC22562A-8734-49F5-9A8F-49BD01E600AA.thumb.jpeg.e348810517c7bc7916e4cd1114e008a8.jpeg

That’s the way to celebrate, congrats.

Congrates on the saga of Papahood, to the Missus for Motherhood, to the Little One that will teach you more about love than you can possibly understand, yet, for the Cuban, for the beautiful steaks & the quartet of unicorns... :wub:

My Heartiest Congratulations to you, your bride,  and all your family!    Please accept my very best wishes for a trouble-free gestation, birth and hospital stay (assuming the birth will be in a hospital).   ...And further for a bright future for the child and all the family.

I’m thoroughly enjoying Seelbach’s New Riff SiB pick. If I were given this blind I would swear it was a 4 Roses OBSQ or V pick. I would drink this over many higher priced and more mature popular expressions from major distilleries. 

• I like it 1

6 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

B21D4756-230B-4C96-B504-5D8119E2E0CE.jpeg

What is that green color in the background behind the bottle and glass? This is January and I do not recognize this color. The only colors available this time of year are white, gray, and brown! 

Speaking of brown. Tonight's pours consisted of a Loch & K(e)y selection of Blanton's that may be, the best barrel of Blanton's I have ever tasted. Followed by some ECBP A118. 

• I like it 1

Last Friday we nearly lost our 6 year old English cocker (Wembley) to IMHA (her body is attacking its red blood cells). One night she was wagging her tail in our kitchen and the next night I was rushing her nearly-lifeless body to the vet. A blood transfusion, a cocktail of various meds, a weekend in emergency care and a sizable invoice later, she returned home with a 50% chance of survival. For now, she’s acting like her normal self again. I’ll take what I can get.

Tonight it’s a single pour of W12 as I reflect on the past week.

DB84DE8A-8970-4045-BE67-821354909195.jpeg

• I like it 6

10 minutes ago, DeepCover said:

Last Friday we nearly lost our 6 year old English cocker (Wembley) to IMHA (her body is attacking its red blood cells). One night she was wagging her tail in our kitchen and the next night I was rushing her nearly-lifeless body to the vet. A blood transfusion, a cocktail of various meds, a weekend in emergency care and a sizable invoice later, she returned home with a 50% chance of survival. For now, she’s acting like her normal self again. I’ll take what I can get.

Tonight it’s a single pour of W12 as I reflect on the past week.

DB84DE8A-8970-4045-BE67-821354909195.jpeg

What a cutie! Best of luck from a fellow cocker owner. 

• I like it 1

Thanks to all for the kind words and well wishes.  My palate may have been off from the steak and the Cuban, but the CEHT won the night for me, followed by the old fitz, PVW23, and ETL. We also cracked an Old Ezra 7 and I must say, it surprised me. It was a great night. 

• I like it 4

Onto WT Revival. This one has depth, only great distillate, years and a Master at his Art. 

Cheers

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.