Empty bottle(s) support group ~ 2019

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

^^^^ I feel your pain.  I really enjoyed my Elliott's Select. 

Cheers

• I like it 3

The end of a fantastic bottle. Really going to miss seeing this one in the cabinet. 

E9074296-CFB1-4E2C-8843-BE134D51D0E7.jpeg

• I like it 6

You always hear about a bourbon that is a chocolate bomb but I have to say this is the first bottle I have come across that I can label as a chocolate bomb. 

8220E66B-B283-4497-BAC4-4DCED97BF0BE.thumb.jpeg.7682c06b0351d6f52d66ffcaf846c158.jpeg

But... it’s gone. I think I have another somewhere.....

• I like it 2

8 minutes ago, LCWoody said:

You always hear about a bourbon that is a chocolate bomb but I have to say this is the first bottle I have come across that I can label as a chocolate bomb. 

8220E66B-B283-4497-BAC4-4DCED97BF0BE.thumb.jpeg.7682c06b0351d6f52d66ffcaf846c158.jpeg

But... it’s gone. I think I have another somewhere.....

Which barrel #?

I had an Old Forester day today as I cleared out almost empty bottles of Rye and the 1897 BiB.. It wasn't painful and it made room for new purchases.

• I like it 1

On ‎7‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 4:13 PM, Radioyada said:

The end of a fantastic bottle. Really going to miss seeing this one in the cabinet. 

E9074296-CFB1-4E2C-8843-BE134D51D0E7.jpeg

Sure wish I could prove you right on that statement. (on my bucket list)

• I like it 1

Finished off a W.B. Saffell last night.  I really enjoyed this one.  It defines Turkey Town.  It was a little steep on the price, but I will pony up for another. 

Cheers

• I like it 1

Whether I've posted about it or not, I've been busy. As always, drank a few and shared a few. There's a chance that I may have posted about a couple of these before. After all, I am President of the CRS Club. :blink: These will go down in the basement to join around 25-30 of their brethren.

FWIW, I'm saving empties for a project down the road. Vosgar and Galvin0791 have also contributed empties to the cause.

Biba! Joe

jempt1.jpeg

jempt2.jpeg

• I like it 3

Taps gently playing as a Four Roses OBSQ goes to the big distillery in the sky. Godspeed my friend.

Wasn't my favorite batch of ECBP (C918) but the worst ECBP ever is still some pretty fine bourbon.

PhotoPictureResizer_190721_203736674_crop_784x1161.jpg

• I like it 3

Read a bunch of social media posts about this today so pulled mine out of the cabinet. Didn't realize I was down to the final pour. I think there is one left in the bunker.

Ps...is it bad form to have 2 bottle kill postings back to back? Asking for a friend.

PhotoPictureResizer_190724_211226965_crop_784x1098.jpg

• I like it 7

14 hours ago, Clueby said:

Read a bunch of social media posts about this today so pulled mine out of the cabinet. Didn't realize I was down to the final pour. I think there is one left in the bunker.

Ps...is it bad form to have 2 bottle kill postings back to back? Asking for a friend.

PhotoPictureResizer_190724_211226965_crop_784x1098.jpg

Why would it be bad form?  Keep emptying them sir.

PhotoPictureResizer_190724_211226965_crop_784x1098.thumb.jpg.6c26cfaab3922c3eabb30141283d59b4.jpg

Just means you are drinking the bottles evenly. Kudos to your organization skills.
  • I like it 1

Finished off this DN Reserve. Decent bottle for 29 bucks, also makes a hell of a cocktail.

IMG_1863.jpg

On 7/28/2019 at 6:48 PM, Kepler said:

Some of my recent projects completed

20190728_180525.jpg

Wait, is that Woodford half full?

2 hours ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

Wait, is that Woodford half full?

No that's just the label sticker and the black rubber mat underneath it playing tricks. 

I'm glad the DO is not still half full.  Won't be replacing it.  I bought it to compare to the OF1910 and I didn't care for either of them much to be honest.  Trouble is, I bought a couple spares of the 1910 for some reason (hype?).  Actually it's pretty tasty stuff but only if I'm in the mood for a finished whiskey.  I can only take so much of that kind of stuff.  I like it mostly as a mid-week pour,... when I want a short pour of something low proof when I have to get up early the next day for work.

Edited by Kepler

1 hour ago, Kepler said:

No that's just the label sticker and the black rubber mat underneath it playing tricks. 

I'm glad the DO is not still half full.  Won't be replacing it.  I bought it to compare to the OF1910 and I didn't care for either of them much to be honest.

Thats funny. 

I did the same thing (compared WRDO & 1910) because the product descriptions read almost identical.   I was sure BF was selling the same whiskey in both. 

I liked the WRDO better. 

And, they are different. 

:)

This one won't be missed.  It wasn't bad.  It just wasn't in my wheelhouse.  My second bottle too so I did give it a chance...

4R SiB gone.jpg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.