Empty bottle(s) support group ~ 2019

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

7 hours ago, fosmith said:

IIRC it was batch 44-18 (I know it was an 18) but can't be sure as the bottle has gone to the recycling.  This was my first bottle of PKXO. 

I've heard the criticisms of those early batches but have never tried them.  I've tried everything from batch #7 on and they've all been great and, at MSRP, a great value as well.  Just wish it were on the shelf more often.  Comes and goes in a flash here in the Bay Area.  

Yeah we seem to be blessed by fairly regular access to Stagg Jr., I would recommend if you ever see a pre 2014ish batch of PKXO that you should give it a go.

Down goes Turkey, Down goes Turkey!!! Hollywood scores late round KO! I’ll have to pick up another “sparring partner” this weekend.. 

5DC38702-F39C-40EC-B9E6-0099D13E08BC.jpeg

• I like it 7

Bid farewell to my bottle OWA PS from this spring (think there are a couple more from this barrel left down there somewhere).   

The Old Ezra BP followed up next.  This is one I might replace as I do love all the different variations of (what I believe is?) HH juice.  Haven't seen it up heya, so will have to go fishing for it in the Nutmeg State.  Who's got two thumbs and expensed trips to Princeton scheduled?  THIS GUY!!  

• I like it 2

Good thing I have like, 5 backups to this store pick. Gaspar's WTKS '17 is my favorite whiskey, hands down. It's straight Kentucky nectar.

But today being national rum day, I'll be on Doorly's shortly. IMG_20190816_174046356.jpg

• I like it 3

On 8/14/2019 at 7:55 PM, 0895 said:

OESK finale!

I feel your pain, I just finished an OESK myself last week.   Thankfully they still make more of this nectar of the gods!

• I like it 1

6 hours ago, jwperry said:

Good thing I have like, 5 backups to this store pick. Gaspar's WTKS '17 is my favorite whiskey, hands down. It's straight Kentucky nectar.

But today being national rum day, I'll be on Doorly's shortly. IMG_20190816_174046356.jpg

I feel 'ya brother. I have enjoyed many varied whiskies. But near the top of my fave list is a WTKS PS, that I picked up while in Kentucky. 

It also was bottled in 2017. (Shhh, we don't want to start a Tater feeding frenzy for '17 WTKS ? )

Cheers

• I like it 1

6 hours ago, DaveD said:

It's been a good summer so far! 

"Atta boy Luther!"  ?

Biba! Joe

Did anyone else ever have a bottle you thought you had recently bought and went to renew your acquaintance only to find you had been more familiar with it than you expected? Well I did that yesterday with a bottle of 4RSmB that I expected to have dust on its shoulders. After determining that I needed better inventory management skills, I poured the remainder out into my glass and decided I needed to revisit the LS, if only to prove my optimism, or suspicion, that they'll make more.

• I like it 1

8 hours ago, Postal Grunt said:

Did anyone else ever have a bottle you thought you had recently bought and went to renew your acquaintance only to find you had been more familiar with it than you expected? Well I did that yesterday with a bottle of 4RSmB that I expected to have dust on its shoulders. After determining that I needed better inventory management skills, I poured the remainder out into my glass and decided I needed to revisit the LS, if only to prove my optimism, or suspicion, that they'll make more.

Nah, I’ve never done that before.;)

Biba! Joe

I'm a big fan of Tyrone F and CNF (ok, all the warehouses are good to fantastic). I sure do hope these PS RR SiB will stay at the current age and price for the foreseeable future. ??

20190821_201250.jpg

• I like it 1

Finished off a 1.75 liter Eagle Rare last night.  Really like this.  Nice cherry and oak on the nose.  Tastes like a toned down Stagg Jr.  Picked up a replacement today...

dead eagle.jpg

• I like it 1

One bottle, although  good, has been open around a year, the other about 3 weeks. Which one do you think I enjoyed the most? 

44BCA18C-7FD1-4080-88F1-3E710F690D5F.thumb.jpeg.913bf954333b343b56b450a2fb2227e1.jpeg

• I like it 1

12 hours ago, LCWoody said:

One bottle, although  good, has been open around a year, the other about 3 weeks. Which one do you think I enjoyed the most?

I'd guess the GD BiB.  Never had the Woodford BP but I really like the Dickel especially at $36...

• I like it 1

Found the bottom of Little Book Chapter 1 today. After the news of Luck's retirement from my Colts tonight, I am fairly certain there will be more bottles to fall tomorrow!

• I like it 1

Found the bottom of Little Book Chapter 1 today. After the news of Luck's retirement from my Colts tonight, I am fairly certain there will be more bottles to fall tomorrow!

I’m on a poker site a guy posted a Colts 20 to 1 Super Bowl ticket that he has $100 on.

You never know they could have a sixth round pick on the bench from Michigan who barely started his last two years of college.
  • I like it 1

After a 4RSmB hit the recycling bin  on Tuesday, a KCSP and a MM have been added. I'm clearing out shelf space just in case I have some luck in hunting down a few unicorns in the next couple of months. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

• I like it 3

Another OWA hit the empty pile tonight. 

Same here. I hope yours was better than my last one. This was basically a hot mess. None of that cherry coke I normally get. This was my most recent bottle from last December. Hope it’s not a sign of the the new OWA.

IMG_7865.jpg

17 minutes ago, HoustonNit said:

Same here. I hope yours was better than my last one. This was basically a hot mess. None of that cherry coke I normally get. This was my most recent bottle from last December. Hope it’s not a sign of the the new OWA.

IMG_7865.jpg

The last few I've had have been excellent. I did a SBS with a 2013 bottle recently and the new one was definitely hotter but still had that same profile. The nose on the newer bottles was better.

• I like it 1

21 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

IMG_7865.jpg

@HoustonNit, I love that expression and had a good laugh at the phrase "a hot mess." I can think of a number of bourbons that could certainly be described by that very apt phrase. Mind if I steal that expression? ?

Sorry to hear that your Weller turned out that way, but it looks like a delicious Eagle Rare was right behind to save the day! 

Cheers,

Nancy

Edited by WhiskeyBlender

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.