What Beer are you Drinking (2019)

LCWoody
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Doing a sbs of BC Wheatwine 2018 vs 2019. The 19 is on the left. I started with the 18. It's a lot darker and less effervescent. Barely any head. Could have been from its age? It was aged cold in a fridge in the basement. Heavy, syrupy with notes of toffee, honey, and bourbon. The 19 is lighter and WAY more effervescent. More vanilla notes and a lot more of a boozy bourbon influence.  They are similar but different if that makes sense. The 18 runs more towards a stout consistency. I like them both but leaning towards the 19....even if it WAS aged in Larceny barrels. Ha!

20200424_173317.jpg

On 4/25/2020 at 12:53 PM, smokinjoe said:

Well, I’ve managed to accomplish absolutely nothing so far, and it’s after Noon already.  Time to reward myself with a beer!  ?

B006CB52-2DC4-4500-A210-CFF9FD3F8422.jpeg

Achieving nothing takes some serious effort and dedication. I’ve been at it for about 48 hours now and I am exhausted!

• I like it 1

Whenever I get into these NE style Double IPAs, I just love them and then halfway through the glass, I'm done.  They are so thick and rich.   But more is definitely more, here.  

IMG_4530.thumb.jpg.0246e151ed794f9b1ba5b70d29a241ab.jpg

Edited by scratchline

Cellar diving tonight. This is pretty nice. I think I have a '14 BC coffee S i need to drink soon. 

20200507_181402.jpg

• I like it 2

• 2 weeks later...

As of this weekend my wife and I are loosening our low carb diet so I decided to celebrate with a couple beers. I still have some Christmas ales left from the holidays and with their high abv’s they still taste OK. Ninkasi Sleigh’r is probably my favorite Christmas ale now and boy did it taste great after a 4 1/2 month layoff from beer. 
Also downed a Total Domination IPA. It was a hit day of yard work so I was thirsty. 

FA712418-160D-49C1-8C3D-FEB78CFE504F.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

I do like an ice cold Corona with a lime on a warm Sunny day.

7157406D-9B43-4D98-88CC-C2F8A66301C8.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Enjoying some bourbon barrel aged beer while watching the Blues win the cup again. Today was the 1 year anniversary.   Never gets old.

20200612_195101.jpg

20200612_203152.jpg

I am a craft beer junkie. We are fortunate to have many very good breweries in the Dayton, Cincinnati, and Columbus areas. However, Amy and I have joined WW to get some guidance shedding many unwanted pounds. This has been my beer of choice. 

P.S. I can't believe that I bought Light Beer. ?

20200614_190839.jpg

• I like it 1

5 hours ago, Phil T said:

I am a craft beer junkie. We are fortunate to have many very good breweries in the Dayton, Cincinnati, and Columbus areas. However, Amy and I have joined WW to get some guidance shedding many unwanted pounds. This has been my beer of choice. 

P.S. I can't believe that I bought Light Beer. ?

20200614_190839.jpg

You do what you have to do.

My wife and I started the keto diet in January of last year. This meant I had to give up cocktails and beer. It was well worth it. By Thanksgiving I had lost 40 lbs. We relaxed over the holidays so I was able to enjoy beer again. Went back on keto this January to lose the holiday weight. Now in maintenance mode which allows beer and other carbs on the weekend. So happy to have beer back in my life.

There’s just somethin’ ‘Merican and happy about sitting down in a lawn chair drinking a PBR out of the can, after cutting the grass after work on a warm Summer day.  ?

5A4AADD8-7156-47D0-8A79-36D712760031.jpeg

• I like it 2

10 minutes ago, smokinjoe said:

There’s just somethin’ ‘Merican and happy about sitting down in a lawn chair drinking a PBR out of the can, after cutting the grass after work on a warm Summer day.  ?

I may have mentioned this before, but when I see a PBR it brings me back to the mid to late 70's. A bunch of us would hit the beer tents at various town festivals in southern WI. where it was always 3- 7oz. shorty's of PBR for a buck. Fun times!

Picked up Bell's Two Hearted Ale and Lagunitas Little Sumpin' Sumpin' for the weekend!  It's gonna be hot out there.  Happy Father's Day to all the dads.

I'd been looking for the Lagunitas sumpin' for about a month - not a real deliberate search cuz of the virus and all, but I was looking for bottles.  Found the cans yesterday.  Probably overlooked'em a couple times.  I had no idea Lagunitas was doing the can thing now.  Cans work so much better for me when goofin' around outside, grillin', etc.  Looks like the days of bottle snobbery are over.  

21 hours ago, Vosgar said:

I may have mentioned this before, but when I see a PBR it brings me back to the mid to late 70's. A bunch of us would hit the beer tents at various town festivals in southern WI. where it was always 3- 7oz. shorty's of PBR for a buck. Fun times!

Quarter beers at “The Chug” in college!  Muncie, IN at its finest!  ?

1 hour ago, smokinjoe said:

“BALL-U!”  ?

Biba! 

2 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

We used to have a bar in town that had quarter beers on Wednesdays, but it was Olympia ?. Didn't care for the beer or the hangover the next morning, but did that stop me from going every week? Of course not. Young and dumb.....

1 hour ago, fishnbowljoe said:

“BALL-U!”  ?

Biba! 

The T Shirts were classic!  ?

• I like it 1

Well ain’t this a zippy thirst quencher after cutting, trimming, and edging the yard!

5F8D1603-CBAF-4594-A9E0-F80E881FE11C.jpeg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.