What Beer are you Drinking (2019)

LCWoody
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Budweiser in this years Holiday Bud Stein.  A tradition my brother started by gifting me a stein 37 years ago, and now Mrssmokinjoe keeps going these last couple of years.  

99404E4D-F4C0-4FC6-9BEE-F811687CB806.jpeg

• I like it 2

Sitting at Nick's in Galveston. Chopping on some Gulf oysters and drinking Shiner Bock. The weather is warm, but it is misty and foggy. Still beats the hell out of OH.

Prost! Phil 

20191227_115929.jpg

20191227_114803.jpg

Edited by Phil T
  • I like it 4

Nice way to start the New Year.

IMG_3997.thumb.jpg.5dd4e73de360e74f9a362016c1c7f183.jpg

Easing into the bowl games.

Wishing everyone the best year every!

-Mike

• 3 weeks later...

Had the Bourbon County Mon Cheri Stout tonight.  It's ok, but nothing too special (kind of what I felt about the Cafe de Olla one).  

• 2 weeks later...

Winter done come down to Jawjuh today with done cold wet snow.  A nice Hopslam is a nice bright way to watch it start to all melt away, now.  

7B4ADDD2-B934-40F2-9653-2875D9010ED5.jpeg

• I like it 2

Winter done come down to Jawjuh today with done cold wet snow.  A nice Hopslam is a nice bright way to watch it start to all melt away, now.  

7B4ADDD2-B934-40F2-9653-2875D9010ED5.thumb.jpeg.3bd222a7f0000ab8c4b8c4a6d4929656.jpeg

Like your glass.

It's not really beer, but it is from Pabst. :unsure: Upon the recommendation of my mail man, and seconded by a liquor store manager, I had a can of Pabst Hard Coffee last night. It's different in a good way. It tastes like a coffee/mocha milk shake. I drank this over ice, again as recommended.  It's only 10 proof so the "hard" is pretty much not noticeable. Even though it's not bad at all, I probably won't be buying this on a regular basis. Hell, I've still got two beers left from my trip to Three Floyds back in December

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

Grain Reaper by Springdale, two pours and trying hard not to go for a third. Random pick from a huge draft list turned out to be some of the most flavorful barleywine I've ever had.

IMG_4164.thumb.jpg.fbe8ad0df1735249a78f9f42a171825a.jpg
This one lives up to the hype.   Seven-week old can.   Reminds me of Julius.

Is it a sweeter DIPA ?
Is it Fruity?
Or
Hoppy and drying?

On 2/17/2020 at 9:23 AM, BigPapa said:

Is it a sweeter DIPA ?
Is it Fruity?
Or
Hoppy and drying?

It definitely has some sweetness but the body is light enough that it escapes being syrupy which I find off-putting in a lot of DIPAs.  The sweetness is really well balanced by the hops which are drying but not bitter.  It's fruity but the nose is actually pretty subdued.  Orange and papaya.  Creamy mouthfeel and carbonation that lets you really quaff it without any sharpness in your throat.  This is a top tier East Coast DIPA.  Just enough barnyard in the long finish.  It's really interesting that Beer Advocate has this at 100+ IBUs and yet to me, it's much less bitter than many other lower IBU beers.  Maybe that 100+ number is off.  I like this better than Trillium IPAs.  Balance, I guess would be the key word.   Roundness, maybe.  Creaminess?  If you are a beer geek, this should be on your list.  If only so that you can tell others that they are full of shit. 

Wish I had another four pack.

-Mike

Edited by scratchline

64 and sunny and a crisp Hazy IPA is a nice combo today.

4CCC4672-5271-4609-802A-FE2106DC71B1.jpeg

High Wire’s N.E. IPA while listening to Braves & Yanks on the radio.  

9F3D9598-75E4-44F6-8EBF-C8BE24839A26.jpeg

• I like it 1

A good friend from High School gave this to me to thank me for a favor that I did for him a few years ago. It’s been aging in my refrigerator for several years since it’s one that supposedly gets better with a little age. Anyway, he had a heart attack earlier this week and didn’t survive emergency open heart surgery. ? I decided that it was time to drink this one today in his memory. RIP Paul! 

87C544D9-08FC-4FD8-9F5C-907EE60933A4.jpeg

• I like it 1

9 hours ago, lcpfratn said:

A good friend from High School gave this to me to thank me for a favor that I did for him a few years ago. It’s been aging in my refrigerator for several years since it’s one that supposedly gets better with a little age. Anyway, he had a heart attack earlier this week and didn’t survive emergency open heart surgery. ? I decided that it was time to drink this one today in his memory. RIP Paul! 

87C544D9-08FC-4FD8-9F5C-907EE60933A4.jpeg

Sorry to hear about the loss of your friend

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.