What Beer are you Drinking (2019)

LCWoody
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

On 10/31/2019 at 9:06 AM, Soberiquet said:

Sierra Nevada Celebration just showed up in the area this week. Love this stuff.

Just bought a couple sixers of this today on the rec of my favorite LS guy. This is fantastic. 

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, FasterHorses said:

Just bought a couple sixers of this today on the rec of my favorite LS guy. This is fantastic. 

Yeah, I look forward to it every year, and consume a good amount of it. I have found that it holds up fairly well too, had one from last year a couple months ago and it was still good.

Better Half is excellent.  I actually didn't get to it last night. It's on deck for tonight. The only Founder's beer I've had that I didn't like was Dankwood. It was...dank.

U must have not tried the DKML they did a while back. Yuck!

I could have bought cases and cases of it...but at $22-$25 a 4-pack I elected not to.  It appears that they did make a ton of it this year as most stores have stacks of it.  I bought a case of KBS this year and it is still sitting on shelves here locally.

Stores in my area in Minnesota only received 3 cases each.
Lame

Today I picked up a handy 12 pack of my favorite IPA. It's absolutely perfect for Saturdays in the fall. 

20191109_152132.jpg

• I like it 1

44 years ago today, the wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald happened.  No, young whiskey geeks, this is not the anniversary of the closing of Stitzel-Weller..  :D

Anywho, it’s fitting I should break out it’s namesake porter from Great Lakes Brewing.   

BTW, Country and I do a great duet that would make Gordon Lightfoot proud...  :D

F4681CB7-B2DE-4D5E-8AE7-6072FD6270E7.jpeg

• I like it 1

44 years ago today, the wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald happened.  No, young whiskey geeks, this is not the anniversary of the closing of Stitzel-Weller..  [emoji3]

Anywho, it’s fitting I should break out it’s namesake porter from Great Lakes Brewing.   

BTW, Country and I do a great duet that would make Gordon Lightfoot proud...  [emoji3]

F4681CB7-B2DE-4D5E-8AE7-6072FD6270E7.thumb.jpeg.c61f4345db02025c2d0e0486b12130c0.jpeg

Great beer!!!

34 minutes ago, smokinjoe said:

BTW, Country and I do a great duet that would make Gordon Lightfoot proud...  :D

Can we count on you two for the entertainment at next April's Sampler cookout? :P

• I like it 1

12 minutes ago, Vosgar said:

Can we count on you two for the entertainment at next April's Sampler cookout? :P

It beats Troyce’s traipsing around in his skivvies for entertainment!  :D

• I like it 1

The wife's baby shower is going on at our house, so I'm in the basement relaxing with a beer after doing a good bit of yard work. 

20191110_152056.jpg

• I like it 2

U must have not tried the DKML they did a while back. Yuck!

I’m definitely weirdest person ever there was something I really enjoyed about DKML. I also now find most barrel aged particularly stouts as to heavy, sweet and rich so don’t listen to me.

1 hour ago, HoustonNit said:

I’m definitely weirdest person ever there was something I really enjoyed about DKML. I also now find most barrel aged particularly stouts as to heavy, sweet and rich so don’t listen to me.

I actually didn't mind DKML either...for what it was. 

Wow, what a gorgeous day to sit outside and do absolutely nothing!  Well, I do have a prime full packer on the smoker and I really don’t want to screw it up, so I do have a bit of angst going on...I’ll keep calm and drink Founder’s Azacca IPA to get me through...  :D  

06389F92-B714-48BB-BDFD-37F08818DA83.jpeg

DuClaw Sweet Baby Java.  An...Espresso Bean Infused Peanut Butter Porter...It’s Ok...But seems a bit forced...

EDA9C757-CD66-4058-A6CF-F40A1ADA0C82.jpeg

DuClaw Sweet Baby Java.  An...Espresso Bean Infused Peanut Butter Porter...It’s Ok...But seems a bit forced...
EDA9C757-CD66-4058-A6CF-F40A1ADA0C82.thumb.jpeg.3d619bfcccc54fab1e97afc7c952e921.jpeg

Yeah that and the Sweet Baby Jesus are ok but the For Pete’s Sake is better. It’s the imperial version of SBJ.

On 11/21/2019 at 7:51 PM, Golferpimp1 said:

Pretty damn good.
IMG_4074.jpg

Had one of these last night, and I agree with your assessment. Now, I am having more SN Celebration with lunch. I always think the lacing from this beer is so enjoyable.

KIMG2916.JPG

• I like it 1

Doing some early Thanksgiving prep with the last of my Oktoberfest beers.  

07ED9B54-21E3-4052-9613-C1A82DF52483.jpeg

7 minutes ago, smokinjoe said:

Doing some early Thanksgiving prep with the last of my Oktoberfest beers.  

I like your pumpkin!

• I like it 1

2108 Bramble Rye. This stuff is awesome. We tried a tiny bit with some Skrewball in it. PB&J!! The 18 CBS and an 18 and 19 KBS are on deck while food prepping.

20191127_181214-784x1613.jpg

20191127_182138-784x1613.jpg

• I like it 2

1 minute ago, Galvin0791 said:

Having a 2019 version of this. This stuff keeps ya on your toes.

20191127_194639.jpg

Wait a dang minute!! How'd you swing that? I thought they wouldn't let any out before Friday?

2 hours ago, Clueby said:

Wait a dang minute!! How'd you swing that? I thought they wouldn't let any out before Friday?

31 minutes ago, Galvin0791 said:

Ummm, Happy Friday!

I'd say Galvin's got a great connection!

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.