What Beer are you Drinking (2019)

LCWoody
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Having a 2019 version of this. This stuff keeps ya on your toes.
20191127_194639.thumb.jpg.8256de35ba71160ffac85edd90131022.jpg

Well damn. Might do a 2018 tomorrow.

Looking forward to getting a few 2019's on Friday.  Really hoping to get the coffee variant too if that hits the local shops.

The CBS I had last week put me in the mood for KBS. I thought this 2019 bottle with all its creamy chocolate notes would go great with my Thanksgiving pumpkin pie. Great stuff.

KIMG2937.JPG

• I like it 1

Hadn't ever had anything from Weihenstephaner before but remembered seeing some of their beers mentioned here. Saw this unfiltered version and decided to give it a try and am darn glad I did. Hazy and tasty, goes very well with pizza ?

weihenstephaner.jpg

• I like it 3

Dang, this week flew by as it was crazy busy.  My office looks like a tornado blew threw.  I’m not answering the phone, and am trying to put things back in order with a 3 Floyd’s Moloko Milk Stout.  I’ve been sitting on this one for a while, as I feared it might be too thick and sweet.  Not at all.  It drinks well.  Malty, only slightly heavy, and just a bit of seeetness.  Nice mouthfeel.  Nice beer.  

18593A18-4C2C-47BD-86A4-13290A6AA38F.jpeg

Having a 2019 tonight. I think it's a step up from last year but I haven't done a sbs yet. Hard to do in my house since I'm the only one that likes stout.  I tried the Cafe de Olla on draught last weekend and thought it was outstanding. I did pick up a 2018 Wheatwine and a 2018 Wheatwine and am planning a sbs eventually.

20191207_214705-784x1613.jpg

On 11/30/2019 at 12:48 PM, JCwhammie said:

Got into the cellar to wash down some smoked turkey. This beer is fantastic. 

20191130_124429.jpg

I'm pretty partial to its younger brother Rubeus, also.  Have you tried Frootwood?

18 minutes ago, Clueby said:

I'm pretty partial to its younger brother Rubeus, also.  Have you tried Frootwood?

No, I've never heard of it. I'll have to look into that one. 

Relaxing the keto diet during the holiday season and finally enjoying some beers.

I introduced myself to the beers of pFriem while down in Hood River last weekend and came home with a couple six packs. While watching the Buckeyes tonight I started with a Belgian Style Christmas Ale and then followed with a bourbon barrel aged stout which was excellent. 

I had pours of Moloko (thanks smokinjoe) and Das Kleine Schwarz Einhorn when I stopped at Three Floyds with my son yesterday. ?

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

I enjoyed a couple of these last night  before the Buckeyes game, Yuengling Hershey's chocolate porter on draft. The chocolate was  not over powering and there was no bitterness. Very tasty. My only disappointment is that it is only available in draft at a just a couple close locations. I would love to see it bottled.

Resized_20191125_185022.jpeg

Edited by Phil T
  • I like it 1

My first of the season SweetWater Festive Ale while hanging outdoor Christmas decorations.  Good batch this year.  Some years it can get a bit too black licorice-y.  This is well balanced and good.

089F4582-384D-4A53-8AD1-7F5AAFA5A81F.jpeg

Thanks to smokingjoe for the above post about the Three Floyds Moloko Milk Stout. I was able to try this at Three Floyds yesterday, and liked it well enough to buy a six pack. ;) 

Below are a couple of pics of the ceiling in the distillery/restaurant area of their facility. 

Biba! Joe

fff.jpeg

fff2.jpeg

• I like it 1

5 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Thanks to smokingjoe for the above post about the Three Floyds Moloko Milk Stout. I was able to try this at Three Floyds yesterday, and liked it well enough to buy a six pack. ;) 

Below are a couple of pics of the ceiling in the distillery/restaurant area of their facility. 

Biba! Joe

fff.jpeg

fff2.jpeg

I dig it.

The marzens dwindled and disappeared.   The best were Ayinger Oktoberfest and Life on Marzen. 

On to hoppier fields.  Juicy IPA from Maine.  Mouthfeel is bright but still creamy.  Has good body but still light enough for prolonged drinking.  Citrus dominates: orange, lemon, pineapple.   Bitterness is subtle and lingering.  Nice.

IMG_3935.thumb.jpg.37d3bdd46ce0b4f37bdad515f21fd0c5.jpg

Not drinking, but chunking-- it's moving time at the shop so I'm unloading all of the reference beer and PABs. A bit aromatic to say the least.

IMG_3612.thumb.jpg.e4e4897e4939f0b1ac9816bb7139b86f.jpg

IMG_3613.thumb.jpg.6f4c5033443ac8fa71eceda745675a1f.jpg

IMG_3614.thumb.jpg.232722d138fee6e4d7f811b7a05a7987.jpg

My BiL brought me some Ballast Point brews from Cali. Other than whiskey this beer weaves in my next 2 favorites; coffee and chocolate. 

F37940C6-3512-4355-B30F-0170E082A06D.jpeg

Brought some KBS to hand out to all my guys at work for Christmas.  It was a full case (minus 1 beer) when I started.

founders.jpg

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.