What Beer are you Drinking (2019)

LCWoody
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

15 hours ago, JMFH said:

spacer.png

Didja get the glass free when ya bought a couple? Also, what did you think of the beer?

Couldn’t pass up a day game in ATL in June with sunny skies and sub 80 degree temps.  Light breeze included!  Terrapin Chopsecutioner IPA going down good.  

1B718D3C-C3CA-44DE-9BA3-D6F4DF49A52B.jpeg

• I like it 3

On 6/12/2019 at 10:54 AM, Galvin0791 said:

Didja get the glass free when ya bought a couple? Also, what did you think of the beer?

Ordered the glass from the DFH site along with the shirt they released for it.  The beer is solid.  Not going to knock your socks off but it's good for what it is.

• 2 weeks later...

Still working on things out in the yard. Yes, it seems that summer is finally here.Temps were in the high 80’s- low 90’s. So about mid-afternoon, I called it a day. I grabbed a Blue Moon and sat out on my newly rearranged and partially redecorated back patio. Ahhhhh.

Biba! Joe

I hadn't had a can in years, but this one was pretty damn good and refreshing, as temperature in Germany hit nearly the 40 degree mark.

20190702_205458.jpg

• I like it 1

8 hours ago, Sven Heuchert said:

I hadn't had a can in years, but this one was pretty damn good and refreshing, as temperature in Germany hit nearly the 40 degree mark.

20190702_205458.jpg

I’m trying to stay cool here, Down South with you, Sven, as we are well on our way to mid 90s.  Unbelievably, you’re going to be even hotter than Atlanta!  Nothing like an ice cold Corona with a lime  on these types of days.  

900B09D5-EA51-49FF-9BA6-F56AFBB86E95.jpeg

So as many of you know I've been on this keto diet since January which has meant no beer. It's been worth it (28 lb. lost so far).

Last week we were back home in Ohio visiting family so we relaxed the diet a bit and I had my first beers since the diet started.

First up a New England IPA from a new (to me) brewpub in Cincinnati called Nine Giant. There may have been some bias from this being the first beer in almost 6 months but I thought it was great. It's more subtle than the West Coast IPA's I'm used to which was perhaps an appropriate re-entry.

My in-laws own a pub with a great beer list so I had a sampler with dinner one night. Rhinegeist Truth IPA is a goto for me. Just love that one. Had another IPA from Rhinegeist though I forget the name, had another IPA from Troeg's I think and a Pale Ale from Avery.

On our last night I returned to Rhinegeist Truth because I like it so much.

Back home, back on the plan as I have some more weight to lose.

• I like it 3

On 7/8/2019 at 8:28 PM, JMFH said:

spacer.png

I can't see a brand name.  The artwork is hilarious.  I'm a big Pulp Fiction fan, the Star Wars pre sequels - no.

It’s about 3 million degrees here today with eleventeen hundred percent humidity. 

Perfect day day for a hopped sour in the A/C!  :)

836D0A04-7148-4072-B740-3EE1D5776884.jpeg

2 hours ago, 0895 said:

It’s about 3 million degrees here today with eleventeen hundred percent humidity. 

Perfect day day for a hopped sour in the A/C!  :)

836D0A04-7148-4072-B740-3EE1D5776884.jpeg

I'm one of the weird ones that still drinks stout even when it's hot out. Hanging in the pool with some Founder's Breakfast Stout. Just reg ol Breakfast Stout..not KBS.

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, Clueby said:

I'm one of the weird ones that still drinks stout even when it's hot out. Hanging in the pool with some Founder's Breakfast Stout. Just reg ol Breakfast Stout..not KBS.

Yeah, I'm definitely not that guy.  My beer drinking is seasonal.  See you in the fall, buddy.  :)

My son and his family came over this afternoon. My son brought beer to share.  3 Floyd’s Dark Lord. :o  I’m not much into craft beers, but this one was really good.

Biba! Joe

• I like it 2

Lammsbräu Dunkel. Dark, malty, cold. Around 38 degree here today ... 

20190724_202616.jpg

• I like it 2

The 95F (105F heat index) here FINALLY broke.  Hence, I have switched to session beers from diluted bourbon while doing yard work WITHOUT power tools except for a golf cart to haul tools and me.  In addition to my go-to basics of Devil's Backbone Vienna Lager (5.9% ABV, 18 IBU) and Fuller's ESB which is back to its royal blue label  (5.9% ABV and drinkable at room temp), I've been sampling a Hardywood Brewery (Richmond, VA) German style pilsner for a couple days.  At 5.2% ABV and as a classic pilsner, Hardywood's "Pils" with a sort-of-olive-green label has been hitting the spot.

A pretty good, refreshing, summer brew.

15641818163091053693199646826405.jpg

Hop Butcher Neon Green Relish DIPA.  Nicely tropical and fruity.  Perfect while listening to Braves on the radio on a pleasant if humid day out back.  

6DD1E3F0-ECF1-450F-AB33-FE8C549602ED.jpeg

53283D00-513D-4307-8A39-49E5D85E0DED.jpeg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.