What Beer are you Drinking (2019)

LCWoody
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Not drinking, but I did purchase some Three Floyd’s Alpha King today for my son. Glad I did. We got home to find out that he’d came over to our house and mowed the front lawn. Win-Win. :D

Biba! Joe

• I like it 2

4 hours ago, Galvin0791 said:

He's a good son, with a good dad!!

My nephew ain’t too bad neither. ?

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

On 9/2/2019 at 6:52 PM, fishnbowljoe said:

for my son. Glad I did. We got home to find out that he’d came over to our house and mowed the front lawn. Win-Win. :D

Biba! Joe

I want one of those!!??

• I like it 1

Both nice. I liked the ginger-beer better, as we had it one a pretty hot and humid day here in Teutonia. 

20190827_221208.jpg

It’s already Thursday?!?!?!  And, it’s 5:00?!?!?!  Ya-Hoooo!!!  2019 Sierra Nevada Oktoberfest.  This years collaboration is with Bitburger.  Gorgeous color, and nice maltiness.  I thought a touch Wine-ish on my first taste, but that was fleeting and maybe just a weird thing with my palate.  Solid beer and another six pack will get picked up for sure.

CC56E958-39F1-4FC6-9371-9944566029AC.jpeg

Bell’s Oktoberfest on a balmy 92 degree afternoon.  Maybe it’s the temps, but this Bell’s is the weekest of the Oktoberfests I’ve been working through.  

E296E27E-7B8C-43AE-B3A5-DCD00693AFF6.jpeg

• I like it 1

Keeping the Oktoberfest beer train going. Local brewery Red Hare Hasenpfeffer Oktoberfest Lager.  Yeah, just OK.  Nothing really much to talk about, honestly.  A bit of caramel sweetness early, and maltiness notes poke through.  Drinkable.  

1AFAD49F-CCFD-4D8B-B5F8-80638E6C7C37.jpeg

• I like it 1

16 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

Keeping the Oktoberfest beer train going. Local brewery Red Hare Hasenpfeffer Oktoberfest Lager.  Yeah, just OK.  Nothing really much to talk about, honestly.  A bit of caramel sweetness early, and maltiness notes poke through.  Drinkable.  

1AFAD49F-CCFD-4D8B-B5F8-80638E6C7C37.jpeg

Can looks top notch! You're really into the Oktoberfest-beers! 

On 9/15/2019 at 6:19 AM, Sven Heuchert said:

Can looks top notch! You're really into the Oktoberfest-beers! 

I agree with the handsome can.  This is my favorite beer drinking season, and I like to go through as many as I can.  I typically go with US brewed Oktoberfests in September, then switch to the German brews in October.  For a person who is so organizationally challenged I couldn’t oraganize a two-car parade, I seem to be able to plan my Fall beer drinking regimen for some reason...  :D

My 5 o’clock Monday candidate is Goose Island’s Oktoberfest.  I like this better than last years effort, particularly the biscuitty finish on it.  Very creamy with a not over the top caramelliness over the palate.  Or maybe, it’s I opened it with one of the coolest bottle openers I’ve seen...  :D

F2E5870B-2323-4106-811C-D56792785B39.jpeg

Hopsecutioner IPA at the park.  Good crowd.  Good beer.  

46F4531D-B271-40B2-AD27-B22DEE15B869.jpeg

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, smokinjoe said:

Hopsecutioner IPA at the park.  Good crowd.  Good beer.  

Nice Joe. I have tickets to the Cubs game Sunday against the Cardinals. I hope to post a decent pic or two. 

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

Budweiser Black Lager out back. Lager aged over 6yr JimBeam Barrel staves.  Healthy 7.1 ABV.  Velvety mouthfeel.  Not overly sweet and wth some nice chocolate notes. A bit too much black licorice flavor for my tastes, but not overpowering.  I like much better than the copper lager collaboration with Beam last year.  

5590185C-30BD-4D13-902B-FF6D03EBEDA2.jpeg

In the process of closing up the RV for the season. Rainey day so I have a pause. Watching Football and having a Kona Pipeline Porter.  Looking forward to a bit of pork butt that I smoked later today. A good day. 

19D78EFC-8E0C-4C27-A2C1-FE105C2F417A.jpeg

On September 20, 2019 at 9:42 PM, fishnbowljoe said:

Nice Joe. I have tickets to the Cubs game Sunday against the Cardinals. I hope to post a decent pic or two. 

Biba! Joe

The forecast today is for rain, rain, and more rain. I've been through on again, off again rain delays at baseball games before, so I decided to pass on the Cubs game today. :(   However, my son and one of his best friends (from Florida) are there now. My son sent me a pic when they got there a couple of hours ago. 

Biba! Joe

mrcub.jpeg

Sunny and 82:  check

Comfy chaise in the shade: check

Braves on radio:  check

Terrapin Chopsecutioner Wood Aged IPA in my glass: check

Mrssmokinjoe’s Honey-do list going to get done:  Nope

28FD3E8F-56B9-4A24-8DBF-F3A74F5215D9.jpeg

3E0AF879-F059-4A79-9D44-20DB90347C79.jpeg

• I like it 1

9 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

The forecast today is for rain, rain, and more rain. I've been through on again, off again rain delays at baseball games before, so I decided to pass on the Cubs game today. :(   However, my son and one of his best friends (from Florida) are there now. My son sent me a pic when they got there a couple of hours ago. 

Biba! Joe

Joe - I think it's illegal to pass on a Cubs/Cardinals game if you're fortunate enough to have a ticket. Besides, if the game got rained out you wouldn't have been far from Binny's Lincoln Park store. However, since it didn't and the Cubs got swept, the bar at that store could've helped ease your pain.

• I like it 1

Met a couple coworkers for a couple after work (Uban Chestnut's Dorfbier and a Velvet Underbrown) and now having this one with some pizza at home. Gonna sleep well.

image-20190927_190854.jpg

20190927_190549.jpg

• I like it 1

Oktoberfest continues.  This is very nice.  Just slightly more hoppy than the Ayinger but very well balanced and easily quaffable.  Grimm does a fine marzen.

IMG_3815.jpg

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.