What Beer are you Drinking (2019)

LCWoody
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I hardly consider darker beers in the Summer, but found this Deschutes Black Butte Porter lurking in the back of the beer fridge on my hunt for company for some after 5:00 paperwork.  Regardless of the season, it continues to never disappoint.

6668099B-1BE5-42A0-92B6-5D4CD01498E3.jpeg

• I like it 2

4 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

I hardly consider darker beers in the Summer, but found this Deschutes Black Butte Porter lurking in the back of the beer fridge on my hunt for company for some after 5:00 paperwork.  Regardless of the season, it continues to never disappoint.

6668099B-1BE5-42A0-92B6-5D4CD01498E3.jpeg

One of my favorite West Coast breweries ever since we moved out here. If you get their holiday seasonal ale out there - Jubleale - do not hesitate to try it. It's a Thanksgiving and Christmas tradition in my house.

• I like it 2

I typically don’t go for stouts in the summer, but this ones been nagging at me to try it, so I cranked up the AC to eleven. 

Wine finished Parabola. 

As if the regular wasn’t good enough, this is a delightful variation!

:)

728D4CFD-44CD-4F8F-A818-8591417281C2.jpeg

Oktoberfest beers are starting to show up in some of the local LS. Sam Adams O-fest beer is as good as ever and available in cans or bottles. On my to buy and then drink list is the Sierra Nevada collaboration with Bitburger. The last one I saw was from Leinenkugel. The beer I'm really anxious to see this year is Bob's 47 from Boulevard because it arrives just in time for football season. I stock up early because this seasonal release usually sells out by the end of September-early October so if I snooze, I lose out.

There is a place named Hell Michigan.  Police have to watch the "Welcome to Hell" sign.

I guess, in German,  hell means clear.

11 hours ago, PaulO said:

There is a place named Hell Michigan.  Police have to watch the "Welcome to Hell" sign.

I guess, in German,  hell means clear.

Haha, great. Yeah, hell means light of colour.  

4 hours ago, Sven Heuchert said:

Innis & Gunn. This was a nice one.

20190808_210223.jpg

Ohhhh, nice. Only had this once before at a British themed pub in Vancouver, CA many years ago and I really liked it a lot. I remember trying to find it here are home and not having any luck so I eventually forgot about it.

Your post reminded me so I just checked and a local store has it.

Mowed, trimmed, edged, and other yard work today on a hot one here in Hotlanta.  Ice cold Coors out of the stubby bottle is mighty refreshing.  Which, gets me a hankerin’ to watch “Smokey and the Bandit” tonight!  

98F725DD-9617-46DE-A548-762E147DEC04.jpeg

• I like it 4

16 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

Mowed, trimmed, edged, and other yard work today on a hot one here in Hotlanta.  Ice cold Coors out of the stubby bottle is mighty refreshing.  Which, gets me a hankerin’ to watch “Smokey and the Bandit” tonight!  

98F725DD-9617-46DE-A548-762E147DEC04.jpeg

I love those stubby banquet bottles. 

Still unable to drink alcohol due to some medication I need to take for a while .
Enjoying a couple Non-Alcoholic Craft beer today

1st: Partake Pale Ale Na
Not bad. A bit of a watery finish. Wish it had a little better mouth feel. Overall not bad.

2nd: Bravus Brewing IPA Na
Lots of hop character in this one. Tastes great straight out of the can .

Non Alcoholic beers have come a long ways .
I saw that there were some stouts out there to try also. That will be next on my list.

Slainte

Woowee, feeling like September rather than August here, Down South.  The string of days of 90’s has given way to 75.  Kinda nice, and makes for a pleasant Sunday out back with a Pipeworks NvU vs The Haze New England style IPA.  

83DDAB03-7468-4C8C-B1E0-D91644F1264E.jpeg

I have been wanting to try one of these since last year. Grabbed a 6 pack the other day, and popped one open tonight. I don't hate it, but sadly it's not in my wheelhouse.  No worries. I'll drink the other 5 sometime.  :D

20190829_190449.jpg

Summer’s ending, and I’ll soon be on to Oktoberfest Beers, so one last fave beer of Summer, RedHare SPF 50:50, at the Park for Braves and White Sox. Sox unis with black jerseys and grey pants look pretty cool, I have to admit.  Braves red over white looking good though, too.   

D0F697C0-BEAF-47F4-8637-B96753E778CC.jpeg

I was in the motherland earlier this week doing a barrel pick and put my low carb diet on hold for a couple days. This allowed me to indulge in a Sierra Nevada Pale Ale at the Bluegrass Tavern in Bardstown. I hadn't had one of those in a few years and was reminded of how much of a classic it is. So solid and still standing strong despite the avalanche of craft beer that has come online since it's debut.

• I like it 2

I was in the motherland earlier this week doing a barrel pick and put my low carb diet on hold for a couple days. This allowed me to indulge in a Sierra Nevada Pale Ale at the Bluegrass Tavern in Bardstown. I hadn't had one of those in a few years and was reminded of how much of a classic it is. So solid and still standing strong despite the avalanche of craft beer that has come online since it's debut.

It is also one of my favorite go to beers. I hope it continues to be available for a long time.
  • I like it 1

Got a brisket in the smoker for dinner, and decided to fry chicken for lunch.  Using a beer batter that is supposed to sit for awhile first, but didn't use the whole can.  So after I got my jog in, I replenished with the rest of that Shiner.  Too early?  Welcome to college football Saturday!

• I like it 1

Yeah, I cheated and broke my own rule:  I shalt not drink an Oktoberfest beer before September 1.  But, it was opening Saturday for college football, so I granted  myself special dispensation yesterday and  enjoyed a Sam Adams Octoberfest.  Year in, year out, my favorite of the Oktoberfest releases, and I always start the “season” with it.  

DEBD7EC9-65EF-4E5A-86A7-6D28A34DC17B.jpeg

• I like it 4

5 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

Yeah, I cheated and broke my own rule:  I shalt not drink an Oktoberfest beer before September 1.  But, it was opening Saturday for college football, so I granted  myself special dispensation yesterday and  enjoyed a Sam Adams Octoberfest.  Year in, year out, my favorite of the Oktoberfest releases, and I always start the “season” with it.  

DEBD7EC9-65EF-4E5A-86A7-6D28A34DC17B.jpeg

We have reviewed and considered this request and special dispensation is granted on the condition that a summer session lager is consumed in October.

• I like it 1

Much thanks to @Vosgar (yet AGAIN!) as I'm sipping on this guy today. This has an amazing aroma, kinda like being at the General Nelson when Barton is cooking... but seriously amped up!! B)

While I'm not a fan of really bitter beers, this is the polar opposite, IMHO. Crazy sweet... almost too much so. Almost. Just gotta shift gears a bit. Pairing quite well with a Perdomo Lot 23. So grateful to be able to enjoy this. Thanks so much, Gary!! Hope everyone is enjoying their Labor Day.

Peace!

20190902_135739.jpg

• I like it 2

A few hours at the neighborhood pool followed by this gem from the cellar. A funky saison is pretty much a perfect summer beer for me. 

20190902_153003.jpg

• I like it 1

On 9/1/2019 at 1:56 PM, smokinjoe said:

20 hours ago, flahute said:

We have reviewed and considered this request and special dispensation is granted on the condition that a summer session lager is consumed in October.

Hate to tell ya Steve, but Joe gets all his dispensations from The Church of What's Happening Now  (I might be showing my age on this one)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.