CardsandBourbon

What Bourbon Are You Drinking? (Summer 2019)

Guss West

After putting the open bottle of Virgin 7 y/o into the war chest, I realized I have a little line up of HH with some cats and dogs all open together.  So I half-pour tasted thru the JTS Brown, Medley HC 101, Virgin 7, ECPS 10, and ECBP.  

Pretty sure that Medley HC 101 is HH juice.  Has anyone confirmed this or is it a "secret"?  

Weekend Rum Painkillers to try to beat the heat wave!     

• I like it 1

fishnbowljoe

A nightcap of Weller SR from the fridge. For you Gary..... “Same as it ever was.” ^_^

Biba! Joe

GeeTen
8 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

My pleasure brother. :D  One good turn deserves another. I’m still nursing the remnants of that Loch & Key OWA^_^ 

Biba! Joe

Please let me know when you run out - no need to "nurse" a favorite dram, eh?   🤩

LCWoody

Some good 'ol RHF to start the night. very good.

• I like it 4

Obeezy1Kaneezy

AFB8675D-17A5-4F7A-AF7F-66520C84A7A7.jpeg

• I like it 2

NDN98

First pour of the evening.
IMG_2107.jpg

• I like it 3

CUfan99

Finished a C917 off a few days ago so I opened a C918 in its place, and I’m thoroughly enjoying it now. I wasn’t in the mood for barrel proof so I took it down to around 100 proof. Perfect!

• I like it 3

PaulO

Man, these new OGD bottles are hard to open.  It's best to only push the cork halfway in, if a second pour is in order.  So, that's what I did.

Harry in WashDC
36 minutes ago, PaulO said:

Man, these new OGD bottles are hard to open.  It's best to only push the cork halfway in, if a second pour is in order.  So, that's what I did.

YUP!  This is why I decant the current OGD BIB cork atrocity into a screw cap OGD BIB I've kept.  At my age, I just hate trying to find pliers to pry the cork out of a bottle.  Makes me feel so weak.

Notice also the other "food group" just off to the right in the picture.

IMG_0564.JPG

• I like it 1

smokinjoe
8 hours ago, PaulO said:

8 hours ago, Harry in WashDC said:

YUP!  This is why I decant the current OGD BIB cork atrocity into a screw cap OGD BIB I've kept.  At my age, I just hate trying to find pliers to pry the cork out of a bottle.  Makes me feel so weak.

Notice also the other "food group" just off to the right in the picture.

IMG_0564.JPG

Y’all ain’t kidding!  The difficulty in removing these artificial corks seems only to have increased in recent purchases that utilize them.  Heck, the ultra tight artificial cork coupled with the low profile topper on Knob Creek bottles which is hardly big enough to get a grip on, I grimace every time I get a hankerin’ to drink some of it...  :D  And, this is the reason that artificial corks teside solidly at the rear in my closure rankings.

• I like it 1