What Bourbon Are You Drinking? (Summer 2019)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Came down with a summer cold out of nowhere. Having 2oz. of DN Reserve with honey, lemon, and a splash of seltzer. More of a cold toddy.

• I like it 1

Why not on a little sbsbs with the house of budget BIBs. The JWD is slightly darker than the other 2. There is no loser here, and the only winner is me. This is only my 2nd bottle of JWD. For $12.99 it certainly wont be my last.

We're having a cookout Saturday, so I decided to buy the JWD and EWBIB for when people ask for bourbon. Thanks to HH for keeping the 'bottom shelf' stocked with quality pours. 

A month or so ago my brother was over. He wanted a pour, so I gave him WSR with a cube. He asked if I was giving him my bottom shelf stuff. It's comical that non-bourbon people question our choice of pours before trying it, like I'd give him a pour of some catchy marketed (poorly executed) craft stuff that someone gifted me. 

20190725_211632.jpg

• I like it 8

I like this one a lot more than most people I've talked to or reviews I've seen.

20190725_214659-784x1613.jpg

• I like it 4

OWA107 ($8) & ER10 ($9) 2oz pours at a local bar last nite.  Great NC-style pulled pork sandwiches, too!   Yummo - stayed waay too late, tho'.  Good thing SWMBO was yakking with dance friends and driving home . . . . . . . .  ?

• I like it 1

6 hours ago, PaulO said:

Hey JC, find some JTS Brown, if you can.

I'm enjoying some JB Double Oak.

Next time I'm in Kentucky I plan on looking for that and TW Samuels. 

• I like it 1

Buffalo Trace on a cube while lunching at Husk In Charleston.  I hear that Sean Brock is no longer affiliated with Husk.  It showed when I last ate at the Husk in Greenville, SC, as the food was very disappointing.  Not the case here, however, as the food was exceptional.  And, it’s a beautiful place.

A7813AD6-E26C-4AC9-9F32-3F48D0B12A81.jpeg

Edited by smokinjoe

Slowly working on this which has a good deal more rye spice than was expected . . .

See the source image

• I like it 3

Decided to try my infinity bottle. Added the last pour in 2 days ago but a majority had been marrying for a few weeks. Did 1.5 oz pours of everything. Have to say I’m really enjoying and can pick out qualities of most everything since I have multiples of stuff from the same distilleries minus the Bulleit
IMG_3083.jpg
IMG_3084.jpg

20 hours ago, JCwhammie said:

Why not on a little sbsbs with the house of budget BIBs. The JWD is slightly darker than the other 2. There is no loser here, and the only winner is me. This is only my 2nd bottle of JWD. For $12.99 it certainly wont be my last.

We're having a cookout Saturday, so I decided to buy the JWD and EWBIB for when people ask for bourbon. Thanks to HH for keeping the 'bottom shelf' stocked with quality pours. 

A month or so ago my brother was over. He wanted a pour, so I gave him WSR with a cube. He asked if I was giving him my bottom shelf stuff. It's comical that non-bourbon people question our choice of pours before trying it, like I'd give him a pour of some catchy marketed (poorly executed) craft stuff that someone gifted me. 

20190725_211632.jpg

I have wanted to do this for some time.  You are right, there is no loser here.  I was thinking I would add Ritt BIB to the mix and maybe do it blind.  I would add JTS Brown but I don't  think I could find the BIB near me.

3 minutes ago, TwoFingers said:

I have wanted to do this for some time.  You are right, there is no loser here.  I was thinking I would add Ritt BIB to the mix and maybe do it blind.  I would add JTS Brown but I don't  think I could find the BIB near me.

You should do it blind. And to add some confusion to the mix, add some MC to the mix.

This week’s pickups...

814BE39B-AD6E-4FC3-9735-2EC7720A7E7B.thumb.jpeg.5bf2c1e2917b5cbdcd48a48477f80e2c.jpeg

That’s a nice week’s worth of pickups! Those are all top shelf in my book.
  • I like it 2

18 minutes ago, Obeezy1Kaneezy said:

This week’s pickups...

814BE39B-AD6E-4FC3-9735-2EC7720A7E7B.jpeg

That CS OBSV is sexy as all get out! I’d happily drink any of the others though. 

• I like it 1

Loving this PS Full Proof this evening courtesy of a fellow SB’r. Cheers!

B51E467B-1AE3-4BC4-89BE-5FF0F196110E.jpeg

• I like it 2

Got to hangout w my brother tonight! So lucky! 

We liked C918 and b519 the most of the ECBP. A118 second and way last was A119.

IMG_20190726_203728.jpg

Edited by ABVT
  • I like it 3

16 minutes ago, ABVT said:

Got to hangout w my brother tonight! So lucky! 

We liked C918 and b519 the most of the ECBP. A118 second and way last was A119.

IMG_20190726_203728.jpg

Nice...

1 hour ago, TwoFingers said:

I'm also going to ro this blind with WT101 added. Ritt and OF100 rye would also be nice, but that may be a rew too many. 

22 minutes ago, JCwhammie said:

I'm also going to ro this blind with WT101 added. Ritt and OF100 rye would also be nice, but that may be a rew too many. 

Don't disagree that you could end up with too many.  Whatever way it happens it will be good.  Just enjoy.

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, CUfan99 said:

That CS OBSV is sexy as all get out! I’d happily drink any of the others though. 

The people who run this store are the best!  Mr. Ferdie & “Me Me” Ferdie.  (Hence Me Me’s Special Batch) 

They’re probably in their late 60’s & have been doing it their whole life.  His family were bootleggers in MS before they got into the legal side lol.  He even gave me this awesome little mini of Early Times today.  He said he doesn’t know how old it is, but it still has the tax stamp. 

If anyone can help, please reply. :P

8BA2C03F-CEBA-41E0-878C-CA0FDB7C27C1.jpeg

69413B31-AEBF-4ACF-8606-8A4A54836FB0.jpeg

• I like it 4

Having a little 1792 side by side tonight with the Sweet Wheat and 225th Anniversary.  Neither is really hitting the spot tonight.

Damned if I can remember who sent this to me. Holler if this is your handwriting. 

Q Isn’t my favorite but this one is delightful. 

A90D5AD2-AF58-48E8-B1AE-391C632A4129.jpeg

2 hours ago, Obeezy1Kaneezy said:

The people who run this store are the best!  Mr. Ferdie & “Me Me” Ferdie.  (Hence Me Me’s Special Batch) 

They’re probably in their late 60’s & have been doing it their whole life.  His family were bootleggers in MS before they got into the legal side lol.  He even gave me this awesome little mini of Early Times today.  He said he doesn’t know how old it is, but it still has the tax stamp. 

If anyone can help, please reply. :P

8BA2C03F-CEBA-41E0-878C-CA0FDB7C27C1.jpeg

69413B31-AEBF-4ACF-8606-8A4A54836FB0.jpeg

Based on the label, my guess is late 1970s.  I can't make out a date on the tax strip.

• I like it 2

18 minutes ago, Mako254 said:

Damned if I can remember who sent this to me. Holler if this is your handwriting. 

Q Isn’t my favorite but this one is delightful. 

A90D5AD2-AF58-48E8-B1AE-391C632A4129.jpeg

Guilty. I finished that bottle this week. :(

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.