What Bourbon Are You Drinking? (Summer 2019)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

While watching my Texas Rangers playing a late game on the west coast I am enjoying a new bottle of WR PS.  It has above average viscosity, the usual caramel with fresh apples. 

Cheers

Onto HMcK10.  A nice standard pour. 

I truly enjoy the variety of bourbon.

Cheers

• I like it 1

Had a couple ounces of ER10 last night.  This was my second pour, since I purchased it last week.  It did taste a bit better to me than the first pour, but still not my favorite.  Seems a little fruitier to me than WT101 or Bulleit.  Definitely drinkable though!

For some reason, my wife doesn't like the smell of it.  When I bring a glass of it into the living room, she says it stinks!  She keeps trying to put her finger on the scent, but she can't quite figure it out.

Edited by macdad

On 7/23/2019 at 8:07 AM, CardsandBourbon said:

When I started on my bourbon journey I really didn't give OF much of a look

I'm glad you found Old Fo.That's where my bourbon journey started 40 yrs ago. Still drink the OF 100 Sig regularly and the 1920 Prohibition is one of my faves. Enjoying the new rye, as well. I live in Nashville and have many friends in Louisville KY. Just as an FYI, Old Forester is probably the most beloved brand in old Louisville, and still to this day. And those folks know their brown liquor.

Followed my infinity bottle pour last night with this Maker’s PS.
IMG_3085.jpg

10 hours ago, Obeezy1Kaneezy said:

The people who run this store are the best!  Mr. Ferdie & “Me Me” Ferdie.  (Hence Me Me’s Special Batch) 

They’re probably in their late 60’s & have been doing it their whole life.  His family were bootleggers in MS before they got into the legal side lol.  He even gave me this awesome little mini of Early Times today.  He said he doesn’t know how old it is, but it still has the tax stamp. 

If anyone can help, please reply. :P

8BA2C03F-CEBA-41E0-878C-CA0FDB7C27C1.jpeg

69413B31-AEBF-4ACF-8606-8A4A54836FB0.jpeg

Easier if you take a picture of the top on that, I'm not sure when the measurements went away on the bottom of the strip for minis but for larger bottles it was 1960 if it doesn't say a series number it is 34-44, if it says 111 it is 44-60 and if it says 112 it is 60-77. It is pre 77 since it is issued by IRS not ATF

• I like it 3

4 hours ago, macdad said:

For some reason, my wife doesn't like the smell of it.  When I bring a glass of it into the living room, she says it stinks!  She keeps trying to put her finger on the scent, but she can't quite figure it out.

Try bringing in a pour of Ardbeg, Lagavulin or one of the other smokey Islay whiskies and see what she thinks :D. My wife is used to it now, but there were a few times where I'd get the "Oh, you're drinking one of those again" comments. This while she's sitting on the other side of the family room.......

• I like it 1

7 hours ago, macdad said:

Had a couple ounces of ER10 last night.  This was my second pour, since I purchased it last week.  It did taste a bit better to me than the first pour, but still not my favorite.  Seems a little fruitier to me than WT101 or Bulleit.  Definitely drinkable though!

ER is one of my wife's favorites.  Are you sure you're not doing something like farting just as you enter the room?

• I like it 1

Last night was my second pour from a bottle of RY 10 y.o. SiB.  It was even better this time.

• I like it 1

Said it before but John J Bowman is worth every penny. I love this stuff.

• I like it 4

I made a trip to Nevada last week. Friday to Tuesday morning in Vegas. Tuesday afternoon I made the 7hr drive up to Reno to visit a friend that recently moved up there and has been speaking very positively of the virtues of Reno. Thought I’d take a look. Spent the night in a mining town about halfway between the cities. I’m an oddball I love the dry Summer desert weather along with the mountainous barren landscape.

I had plenty of comped low end bourbon. Plain old JB White is solid bourbon. I also got hustled and got either 81 proof WT or blended swill at the Golden Nugget poker room. I’m a huge Turkey fan but the 81 proof doesn’t hold up. MM is way underrated. Good times. The baseball bets covered my poor poker play and craps habit.

IMG_7181.thumb.jpg.df81df911a2fd785595e812002493ad5.jpg

IMG_7258.thumb.jpg.ee560b15b616b9d6122989dfa97dc61d.jpg

IMG_7280.thumb.jpg.39b4fc6cc5220cd330aa64840cc3197f.jpg

IMG_7295.thumb.jpg.66942e527c9dd961925a083f79d1c308.jpg

IMG_7354.thumb.jpg.27954f1e089b9993445a0999e56e6e73.jpg

IMG_7436.thumb.jpg.bbc8b49eb4a90c9518635cf6e40e997d.jpg

IMG_7190.thumb.jpg.0f56287fa4799a97bf03e94091a88b5a.jpg

IMG_7406.jpg

IMG_7459.thumb.jpg.9287c9749cacf13d7390a1bf6371e382.jpg

• I like it 8

The last couple of pours from my fridge bottle of Weller SR^_^

Biba! Joe

• I like it 2

Work has been getting the best of me these days, so not many opportunities to grab a pour during the week for a while. However, I do plan on making up for lost time on the weekends and that started tonight. Started with a healthy pout of VWSR Lot B and decided to stay in the wheated family by finishing a bottle of Rebel Yell 10yr SB. Can't wait for tomorrow to have some more! Cheers everyone.

• I like it 3

Its a 2015 WTKS store pic as I edit into the night, trying to finish some client videos before I leave for vacation in Japan in a few days. Got my inflatable bottle protectors ready for the trip & will see what I find there. Oh - & my buddy drove a couple hours to pick up some BT SB store pics - only $24.69. He grabbed 6 of 'em & 1 has my name on it!

20190727_215955.jpg

Edited by Whiskeythink.com
  • I like it 2

Went out to dinner with some friends tonight.  Hot Texas summer, felt like something lighter tonight with dinner, sauvignon blanc with some nice red snapper followed by some after-dinner cocktails, ... I went with gin & tonics this evening.

Back home now and just poured myself some whiskey.  Starting off with my 1792 home blend (Port & Full Proof).  This is more like home.

• I like it 1

While watching one of my favorite movies "Trading Places", I'm having a favorite pour WTKS

Cheers

• I like it 1

16 hours ago, CardsandBourbon said:

ER is one of my wife's favorites.  Are you sure you're not doing something like farting just as you enter the room?

I think you and I may be kindred spirits, or we at least have the same sense of humor!  Pretty sure I wasn't farting.  I am in my early forties, so I can still feel it when it happens :D

My wife doesn't drink, at all.  This is perfectly fine by me.  The result is, most everything I drink "stinks."

19 hours ago, Vosgar said:

Try bringing in a pour of Ardbeg, Lagavulin or one of the other smokey Islay whiskies and see what she thinks :D. My wife is used to it now, but there were a few times where I'd get the "Oh, you're drinking one of those again" comments. This while she's sitting on the other side of the family room.......

Amazing isn't it!  My wife has a ridiculously acute sense of smell.

2 hours ago, macdad said:

My wife has a ridiculously acute sense of smell.

It's biology at work - something to do with babies and diapers, I'm told.  Or it's preparation for when we're in diapers, eh?   ?

• I like it 1

On 7/27/2019 at 7:26 AM, kevinbrink said:

Easier if you take a picture of the top on that, I'm not sure when the measurements went away on the bottom of the strip for minis but for larger bottles it was 1960 if it doesn't say a series number it is 34-44, if it says 111 it is 44-60 and if it says 112 it is 60-77. It is pre 77 since it is issued by IRS not ATF

3CB73BB7-2A47-44FA-AD90-5E7E0B4BDD35.jpeg

I know that this is a ridiculous pour of Elijah Craig barrel proof,  But I have been wanting to get rid of this bottle, so tonight I’m dedicated to it now. And it’s my only drink of the night... maybe. 

AFFA9A1E-6892-444E-99C4-D16EBBB25AFA.thumb.jpeg.394f78fa417d7a40e2568d0a9135e7df.jpeg

• I like it 10

I know that this is a ridiculous pour of Elijah Craig barrel proof,  But I have been wanting to get rid of this bottle, so tonight I’m dedicated to it now. And it’s my only drink of the night... maybe. 
AFFA9A1E-6892-444E-99C4-D16EBBB25AFA.thumb.jpeg.394f78fa417d7a40e2568d0a9135e7df.jpeg

That’s certainly a hefty pour, but who are we to judge! [emoji2957] Cheers!
  • I like it 2

1 hour ago, LCWoody said:

1 hour ago, lcpfratn said:

That’s certainly a hefty pour, but who are we to judge! emoji2957.png Cheers!

"Ridiculous" pour or "hefty" pour... my vote is on ridiculous.  Good luck tomorrow morning LC Woody!

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.